SULLIVAN EAST @ HAMPTON

BDF36

What would you have us do, drive 3 to 5 hours to play teams you'd approve of? Unicoi and Johnson Co are AAA schools (both usually very good teams)....Sullivan East is either 3 or 4A and pretty dang good this year.

I will agree that this year and last's has been weaker than usual....not alot we can do about it tho.....We haven't forgotten about GCA either

I know what you mean about the 3-5 hour drive. We had to schedule Franklin Road and South Pitt, both 2-3 hour drives, this year they were at GCA, next year we travel there. Johnson County is a tough bunch, but they haven't been a factor for a few years. I was glad to see Sullivan East on the schedule, larger schools will test your kids and push the smaller schools to the limits to pull out a victory. You guys will benefit from this game. As always, and as much as I hate to pull for Hampton (just as bad as you guys hate to pull for GCA), I ALWAYS PULL FOR THE SMALL SCHOOLS WHEN THEY PLAY LARGER SCHOOLS. Go Dogs.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean about the 3-5 hour drive. We had to schedule Franklin Road and South Pitt, both 2-3 hour drives, this year they were at GCA, next year we travel there. Johnson County is a tough bunch, but they haven't been a factor for a few years. I was glad to see Sullivan East on the schedule, larger schools will test your kids and push the smaller schools to the limits to pull out a victory. You guys will benefit from this game. As always, and as much as I hate to pull for Hampton (just as bad as you guys hate to pull for GCA), I ALWAYS PULL FOR THE SMALL SCHOOLS WHEN THEY PLAY LARGER SCHOOLS. Go Dogs.

i will always pull for small schools when they play larger schools also.... unless it is a small private school. the large schools ain't the cheaters, the private schools are (more times than not).

You actually said, "go dogs"??!!! That had to have hurt! :)

Should we be looking for you to change your profile name to GCA/DOGPRIDE anytime soon?

:thumb:

Personally,I wouldn't pull for a private school if they were playing Maryville or D.B. or any other 5/6a school. Heck I wouldn't pull for them if they were plaing an exibition against Carson-Newman or Tusculum. I'd hope and pray none of their kids got injuried but that's about as far as my good will would stretch. :thumb:

Personally,I wouldn't pull for a private school if they were playing Maryville or D.B. or any other 5/6a school. Heck I wouldn't pull for them if they were plaing an exibition against Carson-Newman or Tusculum. I'd hope and pray none of their kids got injuried but that's about as far as my good will would stretch. :thumb:

Tell us how you really feel. :popcorneater:

LOL!

:thumb:

This could be THE game in the NET area this Friday. East is 5-1, but 3 of their 5 wins were against winless teams. They beat a 2-4 Volunteer team by 5 points and lost to an undefeated North team 37-13. They did, however, appear to handle a 4-3 Happy Valley pretty well.

I've never been to a Hampton game, although I've been to Shirley's several times. Pujo, how's the parking at Hampton? Do they have visitor stands?

This could be THE game in the NET area this Friday. East is 5-1, but 3 of their 5 wins were against winless teams. They beat a 2-4 Volunteer team by 5 points and lost to an undefeated North team 37-13. They did, however, appear to handle a 4-3 Happy Valley pretty well.

I've never been to a Hampton game, although I've been to Shirley's several times. Pujo, how's the parking at Hampton? Do they have visitor stands?

Ill answer for ole Pujo....parking is not bad at all...the softball/baseball fields offer easy in, easy out access ....and, yes, we have visitor stands

Ill have to say if uve never been to a HAMPTON game, be there early. Theres tons of parking, got the school parking lot, a field beside the football field, the softball and baseball fields.....then uve got both side of the road and the 4 lane and believe me theyll be parked all down the 4 lane.... Be there atleast 615- 630 to get a decent spot if not the road may be ur only choice. Its worth it though, always a grear supporting crowd!!!!

Ill have to say if uve never been to a HAMPTON game, be there early. Theres tons of parking, got the school parking lot, a field beside the football field, the softball and baseball fields.....then uve got both side of the road and the 4 lane and believe me theyll be parked all down the 4 lane.... Be there atleast 615- 630 to get a decent spot if not the road may be ur only choice. Its worth it though, always a grear supporting crowd!!!!

I expect SE will bring a large croud and tons of Cloudland people will be there.This one is tooooooo close to call.Hampton will have to play their butts off for 4 quarters to pull out a win. It'll be a very good game to prepare the Dogs for the playoffs.

You actually said, "go dogs"??!!! That had to have hurt! :)

Should we be looking for you to change your profile name to GCA/DOGPRIDE anytime soon?

Didn't sting as bad as I thought it would, given the needles you guys give GCA. Bottom line is that you guys are playing a bigger school and I'm a fan of the smaller schools when they play larger schools (regardless of the private/public debate). To continue to extend the peace pipe, I'll say it again....Go Dogs....