SULLIVAN EAST @ HAMPTON

BDF36

Didn't sting as bad as I thought it would, given the needles you guys give GCA. Bottom line is that you guys are playing a bigger school and I'm a fan of the smaller schools when they play larger schools (regardless of the private/public debate). To continue to extend the peace pipe, I'll say it again....Go Dogs....

Its not that I don't like private schools, I think they are a great option in alot of Urban areas. Its just that schools in these large areas can have a huge advantage over the small public schools. I applaud people who want the best for their kids,if I were in a populated area,I'd sure give it a look. But I'll get off you're back,I'm sure you have alot of great kids and parents. The football team looks pretty good also.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't sting as bad as I thought it would, given the needles you guys give GCA. Bottom line is that you guys are playing a bigger school and I'm a fan of the smaller schools when they play larger schools (regardless of the private/public debate). To continue to extend the peace pipe, I'll say it again....Go Dogs....

Alright, 'pride, we've butted heads often and shall again...My beef with GCA goes back to 2007 and forward (nothing to do with being private) and will probably stick in the back of my head for some time....You support your team with grit and I respect that and say, "thanks" for the support...We play these bigger schools every year, but SE is alot better than past year's teams and should be a blast to watch :thumb:

Edited by uknoit2

You Hampton folks love to give GCA a hard time about everything. Let's talk about schedules....why don't you play somebody. You play NOBODY and you continue to throw darts. You actually scheduled a home/away game with Johnson County in the SAME YEAR???? WOW - THEY ARE 0-6!!! Go play somebody, you guys are better than that. Hampton is always a good team, but you guys go out early in the playoffs, wonder why? Non-District schedule. I'm not trying to trash you guys, I just saw your schedule this year, pretty weak. That's one thing you can't bash us about, we play anybody that will play us. Thankfully, we've had some success this year with our schedule.

For the record, the last time Hampton played GCA you guys beat us to a pulp. We remember.

At least one of your private preppies have some sense. I like this post!

Its not that I don't like private schools, I think they are a great option in alot of Urban areas. Its just that schools in these large areas can have a huge advantage over the small public schools. I applaud people who want the best for their kids,if I were in a populated area,I'd sure give it a look. But I'll get off you're back,I'm sure you have alot of great kids and parents. The football team looks pretty good also.

I have NO problem with parents seeking the best for their kids....If I had the option, Id look at it also. It has to be about academics 1st, not the "waived" or "sponsored" tuition of athletes to build power-house sports programs...The variables are so many and the areas so gray that these programs can have a big athletic advantage over others.

Im sure GCA has some good people to be around, just haven't seen any Id label as that in the past :unsure::mrgreen:

'Pride, I too will lay down the BULLdog-WHIP and allow you to enjoy your season. Im sure those kids have worked hard and you do a great job supporting them... We shall have much to talk about soon enough...its not about hate, its about the RECKONING :thumb:

This could be THE game in the NET area this Friday. East is 5-1, but 3 of their 5 wins were against winless teams. They beat a 2-4 Volunteer team by 5 points and lost to an undefeated North team 37-13. They did, however, appear to handle a 4-3 Happy Valley pretty well.

I've never been to a Hampton game, although I've been to Shirley's several times. Pujo, how's the parking at Hampton? Do they have visitor stands?

I'm hearing you on this one THS...this could be a great measuring stick and should be the most interesting game, but I've heard there were a couple of injuries at East in the QB or RB? Not sure if it's true or not, but I'm pretty sure this is one of the best area games this week.

That kid from Hampton keeps racking up enormous numbers, is he the best in the whole area?

I'm hearing you on this one THS...this could be a great measuring stick and should be the most interesting game, but I've heard there were a couple of injuries at East in the QB or RB? Not sure if it's true or not, but I'm pretty sure this is one of the best area games this week.

That kid from Hampton keeps racking up enormous numbers, is he the best in the whole area?

'blazer, he may end up the best in the state! He runs hard and his cuts are amazing...but he has some great blocking to be thankful for (and he does acknowledge that)

I hope SE is healthy and all play...Hampton needs the challenge

I'd about bet Waters leads the State in ypc, I really enjoy watching the kid play but what I like the most about him is his charactor.A very deserving young man.

That being said,this is not a one trick pony,I absolutely love watching our big back run,he won't make anyone miss,but they might wish they had,he's a dang brute. The line and the blocking backs deserve a ton of the credit. Its just a solid team with one thing in mind,beat the other team.

Im also very impressed with SE.they have some talented kids and the new coach has done an outstanding job. I doubt they will be a one year wonder.

Edited by pujo

I'd about bet Waters leads the State in ypc, I really enjoy watching the kid play but what I like the most about him is his charactor.A very deserving young man.

That being said,this is not a one trick pony,I absolutely love watching our big back run,he won't make anyone miss,but they might wish they had,he's a dang brute. The line and the blocking backs deserve a ton of the credit. Its just a solid team with one thing in mind,beat the other team.

Im also very impressed with SE.they have some talented kids and the new coach has done an outstanding job. I doubt they will be a one year wonder.

Thats for sure!

As for SE's coach, is that Dean Reynolds? I saw the old coach in the spring while eating a lil pizza and he spoke of being there still....I know he was assisting the last couple of years, but didnt know if he had taken over. He coached at Happy Valley in the 80's and was a dang good coach, and had HV rolling (HV still has one of the best fields in the state after he finished with it)! If he's there, as head or not, they will be tough for a few years for sure.

Thats for sure!

As for SE's coach, is that Dean Reynolds? I saw the old coach in the spring while eating a lil pizza and he spoke of being there still....I know he was assisting the last couple of years, but didnt know if he had taken over. He coached at Happy Valley in the 80's and was a dang good coach, and had HV rolling (HV still has one of the best fields in the state after he finished with it)! If he's there, as head or not, they will be tough for a few years for sure.

Locke or something like that is the head coach,the guy you are talking about may be on the staff. The new coach was highly successful at some VA school if I'm not mistaken. Whatever the case,it looks like SE got a good one.

do you all think there is any chance that watters could be a finalist for mr. football by the end of the year.... lookin at his stats he should be considered imo.

It would be a shame and injustice if he wasn't.These are eye popping numbers. Just got to stay healthy and keep on keeping on.