11a

THAjoker45

Used to seem that way with Central years ago when MtP played them in basketball. Let the Tigers win and the caption would read, in small print, MtP OUTLASTED A GREAT CENTRAL LIONS TEAM...never giving credit for the win...lol! Just seems wrong doesn't it?

Just another example..1st round of football playoffs..Columbia Central defending 5A state champ,and CA playing at home..And the daily herald was reporting from the CA game..They just get all the perks and privileges as if they win state titles in every sport

Just would like to vent for a minute. How come is it when Culleoka, or any other team for that matter, beats CA there is only a 4 sentence paragraph on the third page of the sports section? But when CA beats someone, latest example was SF, they get a 8x10 picture and a novel on the front page. I just don't get what makes CA of all schools so much better than the rest of the area schools. They haven't won anything basketball wise, girls or boys, since like 2001. Both Culleoka teams went to the pit and won last week and if you didnt have a magnifying glass handy when looking at the paper, you wouldn't even have known the games took place. Just doesnt seem right.

The Herald has a two man sports staff trying to cover nine schools. I think Justin tries to find what, he thinks, will be the best matchup that night to attend. Marion is semi-retired and will cover Columbia Central if they are at home. I'm sure they would be open to suggestions if you want to contact them at the paper. But keep in mind they also have some restrictions placed on them by the editor.

Used to seem that way with Central years ago when MtP played them in basketball. Let the Tigers win and the caption would read, in small print, MtP OUTLASTED A GREAT CENTRAL LIONS TEAM...never giving credit for the win...lol! Just seems wrong doesn't it?

its all politics man. just like in the tennessean when Perry Co. won the district the past 2 years we get a lil bitty sentence but when S'town won it back in 09 they had a HUGE article about how great they are and their tradition..i'm sorry but Perry Co.'s got more tradition then Summertowns got district titles

The Herald has a two man sports staff trying to cover nine schools. I think Justin tries to find what, he thinks, will be the best matchup that night to attend. Marion is semi-retired and will cover Columbia Central if they are at home. I'm sure they would be open to suggestions if you want to contact them at the paper. But keep in mind they also have some restrictions placed on them by the editor.

Cullypride doesn't seem to be complaining about what is written...just the size of the article in the paper.

Edited by tigersfan

Cullypride doesn't seem to be complaining about what is written...just the size of the article in the paper.

It's more about the principle than anything. Even if CA gets beat the headline is usually something like "CA falls short" with a picture of a CA player shooting. The Culleoka/ SF games (girls and boys) are probably the best district matchups tonight. Ya'll be sure to have your magnifying glasses ready. The names and points scored by each player will be wrong, but at least the final score will be right. Maybe.

I just moved back to the area after being away for a few years..I was just wondering when did the schools quit interviewing coaches..I recently saw Hampshire play on their homecoming because my niece was in the festivities.but when I saw who the coach was I almost left..the last time I seen him he was coaching youth girls basketball at CA on Saturdays..and wasn't doing the greatest over there..being a former assistant in the district I was just wondering when this job was posted per county policy..the worst thing about it is they lost by 40 to a christain school..and he was lost and had know idea how to help...I'm just glad I got my kids out of there when I did

I just moved back to the area after being away for a few years..I was just wondering when did the schools quit interviewing coaches..I recently saw Hampshire play on their homecoming because my niece was in the festivities.but when I saw who the coach was I almost left..the last time I seen him he was coaching youth girls basketball at CA on Saturdays..and wasn't doing the greatest over there..being a former assistant in the district I was just wondering when this job was posted per county policy..the worst thing about it is they lost by 40 to a christain school..and he was lost and had know idea how to help...I'm just glad I got my kids out of there when I did

As much as I would LOVE to pile on this post...Lancaster christain is a good team.but only beat them by 15 at beginning of year..be an interesting district tournament