Halls High School Football?

lostoledog

lostoledog,

Sounds like you aint a lovin KJ. Why would kids not come out to play if they could make the Devils win? To me that don't say a hole lot about the kids that aint playing. The only changes Ive seen is coaches going over the ridge to coach at Central and the little fellar not calling plays no more.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devilsden - positions were changed this year and it didn't help. It doesn't help to change positions when Julian is the one calling the plays on both sides of the ball.

There are kids in the halls of Halls that should be playing football and that would help. Halls had two players that gave all they had this year. Maybe some of the younger classmen should have helped in stepping up. Brady Brown did all he could. Yes, he had his own mistakes but so did the games #12 had a lot on him due to #7 getting a pretty bad injury in the first quarter of Campbell County game. That put him out pretty much the whole CC game and not many plays for Central. I think if he had been his full self, those games would have been a different outcome. #12 had a lot on his shoulders those two games due to he was all there was those two games. Was nice to see him run in his final touchdown on last few seconds of Central game. He deserved it. Those two boys have been an inspiration to a lot of the kids on this team and will definitely be missed.

Although Central beat Halls, just wasn't that impressed with them. Didn't see anything impressive from the Blank kid either. Noticed 25 outplayed him quite a bit.

Guess its a wait and see game for Halls from here. Hoping things change or more kids are going elsewhere.

Our problem is lack of players. Nothing else right now. If a few more 7's and 12's played for the team, Halls would be on top. These things run in cycles unless you're Maryville or some of the privates. Give it time for KJ to get things righted. I'm the first to admit he should have scrapped the wing T a few years ago. Took him too long. But now that he has the kids will come back.

Devilsden - positions were changed this year and it didn't help. It doesn't help to change positions when Julian is the one calling the plays on both sides of the ball.

There are kids in the halls of Halls that should be playing football and that would help. Halls had two players that gave all they had this year. Maybe some of the younger classmen should have helped in stepping up. Brady Brown did all he could. Yes, he had his own mistakes but so did the games #12 had a lot on him due to #7 getting a pretty bad injury in the first quarter of Campbell County game. That put him out pretty much the whole CC game and not many plays for Central. I think if he had been his full self, those games would have been a different outcome. #12 had a lot on his shoulders those two games due to he was all there was those two games. Was nice to see him run in his final touchdown on last few seconds of Central game. He deserved it. Those two boys have been an inspiration to a lot of the kids on this team and will definitely be missed.

Although Central beat Halls, just wasn't that impressed with them. Didn't see anything impressive from the Blank kid either. Noticed 25 outplayed him quite a bit.

Guess its a wait and see game for Halls from here. Hoping things change or more kids are going elsewhere.

Don't act like you don't know how to spell BLANC, Cody has had his share of injuries this year also, i guess giving up 49 to CC was just too much, idk, but i do agree KJ and The whole staff need to go, 1-19? YOu can't blame it all on the kids

• 2 weeks later...

Our problem is lack of players. Nothing else right now. If a few more 7's and 12's played for the team, Halls would be on top. These things run in cycles unless you're Maryville or some of the privates. Give it time for KJ to get things righted. I'm the first to admit he should have scrapped the wing T a few years ago. Took him too long. But now that he has the kids will come back.

I appreciate your optimism but the facts are that their are a lot of kids at halls that just dont want to play for kevin. I have asked around to them personally they either dont play or they go somewhere else its much easier to do. Its not a coincidence that they only have 40 something kids on the team the writings on the wall. Kids have left and coaches but heck lets blame on something other than kevin hes a JULIAN>.

The CRAP that i have heard went on this past weekend is PATHETIC...If you live in Halls then you know exactly what I am talking about. This happened back in the mid 1990's as well...Kevin Julian is a Red Devil thru and thru and the way some parents have acted lately is absolutely PATHETIC. I am ashamed to say that I have supported Halls for close to two decades. Do you REALLY think this is Kevin's fault? If so, then you have no idea about football and what Coaches go thru and put in on a daily basis. The problem is there are parents that think their kid is a prima donna and they should be on the field at all times and be given the ball every time Halls is on Offense. And when that doesn't happen they wanna take their kids to another school or start a petition. Kevin keep your head held high and don't worry about the fence hugging Quarterbacks that are trying to re-live their high school glory thru their own kids.

The CRAP that i have heard went on this past weekend is PATHETIC...If you live in Halls then you know exactly what I am talking about. This happened back in the mid 1990's as well...Kevin Julian is a Red Devil thru and thru and the way some parents have acted lately is absolutely PATHETIC. I am ashamed to say that I have supported Halls for close to two decades. Do you REALLY think this is Kevin's fault? If so, then you have no idea about football and what Coaches go thru and put in on a daily basis. The problem is there are parents that think their kid is a prima donna and they should be on the field at all times and be given the ball every time Halls is on Offense. And when that doesn't happen they wanna take their kids to another school or start a petition. Kevin keep your head held high and don't worry about the fence hugging Quarterbacks that are trying to re-live their high school glory thru their own kids.

+1

Edited by DiverCity

I haven't heard. What happened?

Edited by Halls4Generations

• 2 weeks later...

Their players seemed completely uninspired. Maybe it's time for a coaching change?

Its been time for a coaching change for the longest time. Im surprised this hasnt already happened as big as this community is on sports. Theres no reason Halls shouldnt have a good football program . Im not even from Halls or a Halls fan ,but even I know soemthing isnt right with that program , theres no excuse why they shouldnt have a winning season every year.

Its been time for a coaching change for the longest time. Im surprised this hasnt already happened as big as this community is on sports. Theres no reason Halls shouldnt have a good football program . Im not even from Halls or a Halls fan ,but even I know soemthing isnt right with that program , theres no excuse why they shouldnt have a winning season every year.

I've lived in Halls most of my life. Halls will never be Maryville, but should win 5-6 games per year, with a slightly better year occasionally. The excuses I hear for not winning are laughable.The most obvious is because we can't get players. The ones I know that have left the area have left because of the coaching. I've known Kevin Julian for several years, and he is a good person. But, that alone doesn't qualify him to be coach. He will never bring the program back to where it needs to be. I don't understand why it's even being discussed, 1 win in 2 seasons is unacceptable.

I've lived in Halls most of my life. Halls will never be Maryville, but should win 5-6 games per year, with a slightly better year occasionally. The excuses I hear for not winning are laughable.The most obvious is because we can't get players. The ones I know that have left the area have left because of the coaching. I've known Kevin Julian for several years, and he is a good person. But, that alone doesn't qualify him to be coach. He will never bring the program back to where it needs to be. I don't understand why it's even being discussed, 1 win in 2 seasons is unacceptable.

You couldnt have said it better my friend. Ive heard Julian is a great guy but great guys dont always win you football games. At the end of the day the head coaches job is to win games and thats obviously not happening. AS you said halls will never be maryville but theres no excuse for the region there in that they shouldnt win 6 to 7 games a yr