MBA vs. Mappleworth

rollbigred1

Since when does 3 out of 4 catches for TDs against JP2 prove anything? Can not wait for Maurice's MBA prediction this week to be wrong again! I only read that rag on line. It use to be an OK local news source.

Really not that big of a deal...just an insight to how the game went. Why do you call Ensworth Mappleworth? And Corn will run for 250...

• Upvote 1

Pretty classy thread and post. It is idiocy like this that makes rational people question MBA's claim to graduate "gentlemen" and "scholars". To the extent that you have any connection whatsoever with the school, you do not do them proud.

You'll notice most of the long time MBA posters are gone. My guess is this thread gets closed/deleted in pretty short order.

Really not that big of a deal...just an insight to how the game went. Why do you call Ensworth Mappleworth? And Corn will run for 250...

Ensworth is having another great year and with MBA's extremely down year I predict Ensworth by at least 35....Elder will probably have one of his best games against MBA's struggling defense

You'll notice most of the long time MBA posters are gone. My guess is this thread gets closed/deleted in pretty short order.

I did not graduate from MBA....just a working stiff who made the observation on his own. You seem a little sensitive to not being considered a gentleman or scholar. Did MBA not hire you as a coach, or did you get kicked out of school there? Think about getting over it. MBA is down this year due to a host of injuries. High school teams can not go two and three deep and expect to win week in and week out with sophs and juniors playing key roles. This thread is about football.

I did not graduate from MBA....just a working stiff who made the observation on his own. You seem a little sensitive to not being considered a gentleman or scholar. Did MBA not hire you as a coach, or did you get kicked out of school there? Think about getting over it. MBA is down this year due to a host of injuries. High school teams can not go two and three deep and expect to win week in and week out with sophs and juniors playing key roles. This thread is about football.

Of all the MBA posters you could go after you chose KWoodroof?

Edited by nike7

I never actually thought you had graduated from MBA. And you're quite right that I'm sensitive to not being considered a gentleman or scholar. As much as MBA values its athletic teams and their success, the priorities are quite rightly, "Gentleman, Scholar, Athlete." As an alumnus, I do take the school's reputation seriously.

Rather embarrassingly, you have correctly surmised that the MBA has not hired me as a coach. My own theory is that the school has not offered me a coaching position due to the fact that I have no coaching experience at all. Further, I may have been passed over due to my failure to express any sort of interest in any coaching job (vacant or otherwise) at the school.

And this thread really isn't about football. You've given it a title that slurs both Ensworth and Maplewood, with no justification that I can see. You've only mentioned football tangentially, and blaming MBA's season on injuries is not really the most incisive of insights. It misses the point that they lost two excellent TB's to non-football matters, the fact that they have a new coach, and the effect of the upheaval at the school during the spring. Beyond that, Baylor and BGA are considerably better this year than in years past.

I never actually thought you had graduated from MBA. And you're quite right that I'm sensitive to not being considered a gentleman or scholar. As much as MBA values its athletic teams and their success, the priorities are quite rightly, "Gentleman, Scholar, Athlete." As an alumnus, I do take the school's reputation seriously.

Rather embarrassingly, you have correctly surmised that the MBA has not hired me as a coach. My own theory is that the school has not offered me a coaching position due to the fact that I have no coaching experience at all. Further, I may have been passed over due to my failure to express any sort of interest in any coaching job (vacant or otherwise) at the school.

And this thread really isn't about football. You've given it a title that slurs both Ensworth and Maplewood, with no justification that I can see. You've only mentioned football tangentially, and blaming MBA's season on injuries is not really the most incisive of insights. It misses the point that they lost two excellent TB's to non-football matters, the fact that they have a new coach, and the effect of the upheaval at the school during the spring. Beyond that, Baylor and BGA are considerably better this year than in years past.

You should, but you really don't know what you are talking about. You are out of touch with the school today. I am moving on. Catch you on the back side. Thanks for your insights.

You should, but you really don't know what you are talking about. You are out of touch with the school today. I am moving on. Catch you on the back side. Thanks for your insights.

I think the MBA community is delighted you're moving on, hopefully at high speed. I suspect your village has missed you.

• Upvote 2