Riverdale - Blackman

warrior82dad

i think it will depend on so much that i can't even imagine what it will be...

does riverdale play lights out like they have at times...or do they play like they can be beat like they have at times this year...

does "woodruff" turn into tom brady like he did last year...or does he just play good...

can blackman find the ball like they did in the mud...or do they tackle everyone without the ball like they have in the last two meetings...one a loss and one a win...

does the I-Train run up and down the field like he did last year...or does riverdale new and improved defense hold him to reasonable yardage...

can blackman complete enough passes to open things up for the run...or is our QB play inconsistent with interceptions...

who knows...i don't !!!

should be a great game!

This will be probably the best game of the season. I can't begin to imagine what will happen during this game. I think a few big plays be eitheir team will set the tone for this game. I don't even want to make a prediction.

I know the players at Riverdale have to know how big of a threat this team could pose and it's up to our defense to stop him. I'm just more then excited. :)

Toughest game to call all season. Riverdale would seem to be the favorite but Blackman has improved vastly over the course of the season.

Keys to win for Riverdale - pressure the Blackman QB and force the run....once Mathers is carrying the game on his back....tee off on him.

Keys to win for Blackman -

Get some screen game going...open the run for Mathers. Defensive backs have to cover the streak routes. Special teams need to be special....cant give Rdale the ball on their 40 every posession.

Isn't this game in 2 weeks? Starting this thread way 2 early! Enjoy your week off Blackman! Oh and stay off this board, don't give em any bulletin board trash 2 feed on!

no bulletin board material.....lol..... really.....obviously you havent looked at the blackman boards this year! their is one blackman kid on here who knows nothing but putting up bulletin board material! cant wait to have his insight on riverdale! :popcorneater:

Edited by oldschooldawg30

This game is only a week away. The break should benifit Riverdale allowing some banged up players to heal and the entire team to recover from a grouling first 7 games... I think this will allow the Warriors to be able to bring there A game. Saw Mathers on the Titans coaches show as player of the week. Well deserved but he'll have to over the jinks....every player appearing on the show for the past year named player of the week, there team lost the following game. Should come down to a couple of things. If the Warriors stop the past and force the run all night if should play in there hands. Dillon needs to have a good game on the ground. It seems to open up the rest of the offense when he does....

There is a hole in your argument:

Dillon Woodruff was named player of the week after the win over Hendersonville and Riverdale defeated La Vergne the next week.

Interesting to note that three Rutherford Co. athletes have been named player of the week:

Tae Martin, Siegel

Dillon Woodruff, Riverdale

I'Tavius Mathers, Blackman

It may be a little too early to talk exclusively about this one. The power rankings guys have the game at a virtual toss-up. They also have Riverdale and Blackman as #1 and #3, respectively, in 6A. I think it will depend on Riverdale's defense. If they come out with a stupid goal like they did last year it's all over (wasn't the goal to hold Mathers under 150 or something rediculous like that). There can be only one goal...shut him down. Unambitious goals yield mediocre results. If this defense is for real it's time for them to step up.

Checking out the TSSAA quads at this point. Oakland-Siegel would meet in the first round.

A lot can, and will, still happen there. I expect Coffee county will get in and that would shake things up some. There's also still a chance that Lincoln County could get one of the automatics and that would kick a better team to the curb. Smyrna could take a dive and open up that spot for another team. That Smyrna team could be a real factor if they get over the hump.

Glad that Riverdale is playing Blackman next week. That should get them moved up from page 4 or 5 of the DNJ sports section.

Edited by TDCman