Riverdale - Blackman

warrior82dad

It may be a little too early to talk exclusively about this one. The power rankings guys have the game at a virtual toss-up. They also have Riverdale and Blackman as #1 and #3, respectively, in 6A. I think it will depend on Riverdale's defense. If they come out with a stupid goal like they did last year it's all over (wasn't the goal to hold Mathers under 150 or something rediculous like that). There can be only one goal...shut him down. Unambitious goals yield mediocre results. If this defense is for real it's time for them to step up.

Checking out the TSSAA quads at this point. Oakland-Siegel would meet in the first round.

A lot can, and will, still happen there. I expect Coffee county will get in and that would shake things up some. There's also still a chance that Lincoln County could get one of the automatics and that would kick a better team to the curb. Smyrna could take a dive and open up that spot for another team. That Smyrna team could be a real factor if they get over the hump.

Glad that Riverdale is playing Blackman next week. That should get them moved up from page 4 or 5 of the DNJ sports section.

But if Blackman wins maybe they will actually be more than a sidebar in an artical. Like when they dominated Oakland and the artical the next day was focused on how Oakland outgained Blackman and Smyrner is back in the playoff hunt. 35 to 7 with 5:30 to go in the game is in fact domination. Does not surprise me though considering the source. :popcorneater:

I know it's early but here we go....

Is this game bigger than the Oakland - Riverdale game? It is this year.

Where should I start... The best district in the state, the best two teams in the district and the winner could come down to a turn-over. It'll be close and I guess the poles say Riverdale is the favorite. But,,,, IT'S HARD TO STOP A TRAIN.

We is Blackman! :popcorneater:

I know it's early but here we go....

Is this game bigger than the Oakland - Riverdale game? It is this year.

Where should I start... The best district in the state, the best two teams in the district and the winner could come down to a turn-over. It'll be close and I guess the poles say Riverdale is the favorite. But,,,, IT'S HARD TO STOP A TRAIN.

We is Blackman! :popcorneater:

If Blackman's putting all there hopes on taking the train, it could be a short trip. Blackman has not faced a defense like Riversdale's all year long. Besides, its not the Blackman offense, its the defense that Id be worried about. The balanced attack of Riverdale will be hard to handle for them.

If Blackman's putting all there hopes on taking the train, it could be a short trip. Blackman has not faced a defense like Riversdale's all year long. Besides, its not the Blackman offense, its the defense that Id be worried about. The balanced attack of Riverdale will be hard to handle for them.

On the flip side, Riverdale has not faced a back like the I-Train..Hard to slow down something you can't touch.

Choo Choo....Train is leaving the station.

I agree. There are 2 sides to every game. Blackmans defense has been questionable all year but they have improved. Tackling can still be an issue sometimes and if it is it will be a long night next Thursday. On the other side of the ball, Blackman will have to be diverse and get some big plays in the passing game. We will run the Train a lot I'm sure but a common mistake by most of our opponents is thinking that is all we can do. We do have 1 of the best receivers in this district in my opinion in Jalen Smith and some other very good receivers as well. The key to this game like all games is down in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Can Blackmans offensive line give Mathers room to operate and Strickland time to throw? Can Riverdales offensive line control the line of scrimmage?

No Doubt Riverdale is the best team we have seen this year and it will be a tough test. But Blackman is battle tested I believe more than Riverdale.

Looking at Riverdales schedule, they have beaten:

Brighton - One of the better west Tennessee teams that would finish 6th in our district.

St. Xavier(Kentucky) - A victory that looked really good but they now have a record of 3-4.

Smyrna - We know how good Smyrna is.

Maplewood - A team that just lost to Pearl-Cohn ( A team that Blackman beat)

Siegel - Blackman's only loss vs close win for Riverdale.

Hendersonville - According to unapproved website is ranked lower than Pearl-Cohn, Bradley Central, Independance, and Signal Mountain (All of Blackman's nondistrict schedule to date).

Lavergne - 2-5 record to date.

Looking at Blackmans schedule:

Indepenance - A team that is now 6-1 and has not been beaten since a close loss to Blackman.

Pearl-Cohn - 4-3 record and beat Maplewood.

Siegel - A close loss for Blackman vs a close win for Riverdale.

Signal Mountain - Ranked higher than any nondistrict opponent of Riverdale.

Oakland - Riverale yet to play.

Bradley Central - Also ranked higher than any nondistrict opponent of Riverdale.

Smyrna - Close win for both Riverdale and Blackman.

It should be a great game

Go Blaze!!!

You can't compare schedules, both teams play hard schedules. it should be a shoot out again just like last year. riverdale missed about 6 extra points in that game, so its probably going to come down to who makes the least mistakes.

I agree. There are 2 sides to every game. Blackmans defense has been questionable all year but they have improved. Tackling can still be an issue sometimes and if it is it will be a long night next Thursday. On the other side of the ball, Blackman will have to be diverse and get some big plays in the passing game. We will run the Train a lot I'm sure but a common mistake by most of our opponents is thinking that is all we can do. We do have 1 of the best receivers in this district in my opinion in Jalen Smith and some other very good receivers as well. The key to this game like all games is down in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Can Blackmans offensive line give Mathers room to operate and Strickland time to throw? Can Riverdales offensive line control the line of scrimmage?

No Doubt Riverdale is the best team we have seen this year and it will be a tough test. But Blackman is battle tested I believe more than Riverdale.

Brighton - One of the better west Tennessee teams that would finish 6th in our district.

St. Xavier(Kentucky) - A victory that looked really good but they now have a record of 3-4.

Hendersonville - According to unapproved website is ranked lower than Pearl-Cohn, Bradley Central, Independance, and Signal Mountain (All of Blackman's nondistrict schedule to date).

Indepenance - A team that is now 6-1 and has not been beaten since a close loss to Blackman.

Bradley Central - Also ranked higher than any nondistrict opponent of Riverdale.

Go Blaze!!!

Go Blaze!!!

nice comparasins going by this and your analysis I just hope my WARRIORS can stay in this game as the blaze has played a superior schedule...us at RIVERDALE are just glad that the powers that be is going to allow us to play this game I just hope we keep the game competitive and that blackman doesnt blow us off the field as we are not worthy to be on the same field as the almighty and pwerful blaze who has accomplished so much on the football field in their short history

You can't compare schedules, both teams play hard schedules. it should be a shoot out again just like last year. riverdale missed about 6 extra points in that game, so its probably going to come down to who makes the least mistakes.

Not sure why I can't compare schedules? All I heard for the last 3-4 years from Riverdale fans and others was about how weak Blackmans schedule was. Its funny when the tables are turned how this all the sudden becomes a nonissue. In the past, the fact Blackman's schedule was weaker meant that they were not prepared for the big game. I agree both teams play good schedules but maybe Blackman's is a little tougher so maybe this helps them be a little more prepared. Thats all I'm saying. I'm not saying Blackman is a better team.

Edited by Blazeallthewaze

I still have nothing to add to this game, it's just going to be a tough one for both teams.

But I would like to say I follow on twitter players from Riverdale, Blackman, Smyrna, Siegel, LaVergne, Oakland, Hendersonville, Cane Ridge, Antioch, & BA.

& the Blackamn players are the nicest, they don't talk crap and are very down to earth.

The Riverdale players I follow don't really talk much about football but 1 of the teams I mentioned above talks so much crap when they win and lose about the opposing team it's kind of disgusting.

In fact it's a team who has already played Blackman, after the game some people from this team tweeted some mean stuff about a certain player from Blackman. That player who also follows them didn't even say anything or start anything with them and I know he read what they wrote about him but that just shows how much class they have. So if Blackman was playing any team besides Riverdale I would be cheering for them.. Good luck to both!

Edited by Riverdale06

nice comparasins going by this and your analysis I just hope my WARRIORS can stay in this game as the blaze has played a superior schedule...us at RIVERDALE are just glad that the powers that be is going to allow us to play this game I just hope we keep the game competitive and that blackman doesnt blow us off the field as we are not worthy to be on the same field as the almighty and pwerful blaze who has accomplished so much on the football field in their short history

Well since Riverdale is undefeated and ranked 1 or 2 in the state, I just hope we keep the game competitive and the riverdale doesn't blow us off the field as we are not worthy to be on the same field as the almighty and powerful warriors. As far as the past, that has nothing to do with the game Thursday.