Greeneville vs. Chuckey Doak

First of all, I said “most†because I can’t speak on behalf of everyone. That is why a used general terms like “most†,“rarely†and “manyâ€.

Once again, I make a comment that I think will make county fans happy (regarding them finishing 2-4), and it once again backfires. I can't even count how many times that's happened over the past few weeks. It makes me wonder, why do I even try?

You are one of the few Greeneville fans who actually come on here and make sensible comments. I was not bashing your comment, or you, but rather the Greeneville fans you were referring to who would have a problem with a county school being 2nd. I have complimented Greeneville more than all of the county schools combined. Like you, I get aggravated when I try to take up for the county schools and a Greeneville fan (NOT YOU) comes on here and tells me to quit crying, etc.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are one of the few Greeneville fans who actually come on here and make sensible comments. I was not bashing your comment, or you, but rather the Greeneville fans you were referring to who would have a problem with a county school being 2nd. I have complimented Greeneville more than all of the county schools combined. Like you, I get aggravated when I try to take up for the county schools and a Greeneville fan (NOT YOU) comes on here and tells me to quit crying, etc.

Ok, fair enough. I see your side of it as well.

Who is crying about Greeneville playing in the county schools' conference? Bud was just saying that Greeneville is WAY above everyone else and the rest of the teams were playing for 2nd. Greeneville is playing where the TSSAA put them, after they decided not to play up anymore. If I were Greeneville, I might consider moving back up again though (at least in football--if you can in just one sport). They have NO competition in their conference (Football).

Most of the threads I have seen are the county schools saying Greeneville shouldn't be playing them. I agree to this they should have put us with Dis 1. Not saying everyone does this it just gets old. I went to the county and I pull for them anytime they dont play GHS and that is where my kids go. No doubt the county has a way to go, but playing GHS makes them better in the long run.

First of all, I said “most†because I can’t speak on behalf of everyone. That is why a used general terms like “most†,“rarely†and “manyâ€.

Once again, I make a comment that I think will make county fans happy (regarding them finishing 2-4), and it once again backfires. I can't even count how many times that's happened over the past few weeks. It makes me wonder, why do I even try?

I think these backfires go both ways. There have been some statements by county fans that Greeneville fans have taken out of proportion too. And I saw a few posts down that you realize that. Just seems not everyone does. You'd be surprised how many county fans were pulling for Greeneville to win a Gold Ball last year and will do the same once their respective seasons are done way before Greeneville's. Why wouldn't they, it makes the county and conference look better. I just think it is unfair to say most or rarely cause i don't think it's as bad as some think.

I think these backfires go both ways. There have been some statements by county fans that Greeneville fans have taken out of proportion too. And I saw a few posts down that you realize that. Just seems not everyone does. You'd be surprised how many county fans were pulling for Greeneville to win a Gold Ball last year and will do the same once their respective seasons are done way before Greeneville's. Why wouldn't they, it makes the county and conference look better. I just think it is unfair to say most or rarely cause i don't think it's as bad as some think.

I’ll admit that my perspective is probably skewed a little because I went to GHS while living within a few miles of a county high school. That’s about the equivalent of being UT fan while living in Alabama or Florida, you tend to hear all the bad stuff.

To stay on topic with what has been talked about. I have heard when Greeneville got moved down to the brac after 2 years they could move back up if they wanted to? is this a rumor or truth? So don't jump down my throat. just asking lol

We didn't get moved down to the Brac....the county schools went from 2a to 3a after the reclassification and Greeneville stayed in 4a. Whenever the TSSAA has a reclassification year (maybe next year?) they can choose to move up if they choose. I doubt they do since they are winning championships :thumb:

Okay thanks for the info I messed up with how I said that. I knew we moved up just asking if Greeneville will or just stay here! I couldn't see Greeneville moving up either. Just to easy for them in the brac and 4a playoffs for that matter.But good luck to you guys! see you friday night! I pray for a good game and no injurys and no late hits and just clean fun football. Notice i'm praying that most of those things won't happen but hey we can only hope.

GO CD!!

Shock the world

Okay thanks for the info I messed up with how I said that. I knew we moved up just asking if Greeneville will or just stay here! I couldn't see Greeneville moving up either. Just to easy for them in the brac and 4a playoffs for that matter.But good luck to you guys! see you friday night! I pray for a good game and no injurys and no late hits and just clean fun football. Notice i'm praying that most of those things won't happen but hey we can only hope.

GO CD!!

Shock the world

Good Luck to you too! I hope its a good clean game and no one gets hurt! I have a soft spot in my heard for CD since that was where i was suppose to go :thumb:

Since Greeneville is obviously superior to the other BRAC teams in football, if they switch classifications by choice in a year or two, would that apply to all sports? I don't see that either GHS or any of the Greene County school system high schools totally dominate in basketball, softball, baseball, etc., like GHS does in football. Just wondering about this since football, unlike other school sports, is definitely where the superior program exists for GHS. If a classification move "up" by choice would apply to all sports, I can't see why GHS would even consider it. And like another poster said, they've won a state championship already in 4A football, so why mess with a good thing?

Now, as for Friday's game, I sure hope it's an injury free game and that penalties are kept to a minimum by both teams.

To stay on topic with what has been talked about. I have heard when Greeneville got moved down to the brac after 2 years they could move back up if they wanted to? is this a rumor or truth? So don't jump down my throat. just asking lol

Its a four year deal so we got one more after this year and then I believe you can expect some major changes there is a good chance tssaa will consider going back to five divisions instead of six if this happens it effect local teams greatly putting wg and cd most likely in 3a and sg would be 2a for greeneville it will be decision time to go 3 or 4 but either way things will change big in my opinion because there are alot of schools statewide very unhappy with the current system it was supposed to cut down on travel but for many it has done the opposite.