Summit vs Giles Co

likearock

I do think the future bodes well for Summit. If you can keep these young guys together the experience they have gained this year will start to pay off by mid-season next year. It takes guts for your young men to come out and compete every week this year.

If, and if it comes to it, OC will not leave the starters in. However you will see some freshmen & sophomores still in the game late that may have started. Giles is very young with 12 of them in the starting rotation. It should be an exciting 3rd & 4th quarter of play I predict.

There are some great mom & pop places to eat. Come on down and spend some of that Williamson County money here. Lord knows we need it. :ph34r:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha....we'll get there! I think I'm the only active Summit fan here at the moment though. And it's hard to talk smack when your 0-7 varsity team has only one kid with a driver's license. It's also hard to be mad when every head coach of the district opponents we've played so far has been extremely complimentary of our team after the games. I even had a coach (real tall guy) come up to me after the Hickman County game and tell me how bright our future is and that we didn't play like a team with just freshmen and sophomores. Should we win our two non-disrict games at the start of next season I might get a little froggy and stir the pot. Until then though I am going to just hope that we give Spring Hill a game and survive Giles County and Fairview.

Glad your here. I expect over the coming years that Summit and Sping Hill should become a great cross town rivalry.

As for talking smack I would like to cordially offer my services to your team in the final week of the season. Don't expect Fairview to play any reserves. They didn't against us and acording to CoachT they were 48 point favorites in that game. If your playing at fv be sure to take some earplugs for the whole family. Their PA announcer screams over the looudspeakers. Especially if its short yardage for a first down for your team.

I do think the future bodes well for Summit. If you can keep these young guys together the experience they have gained this year will start to pay off by mid-season next year. It takes guts for your young men to come out and compete every week this year.

If, and if it comes to it, OC will not leave the starters in. However you will see some freshmen & sophomores still in the game late that may have started. Giles is very young with 12 of them in the starting rotation. It should be an exciting 3rd & 4th quarter of play I predict.

There are some great mom & pop places to eat. Come on down and spend some of that Williamson County money here. Lord knows we need it. :ph34r:

We'll be eating down there for sure. Thanks for the tip. We'll have a few more fans in attendance than usual for an away game as the school is organizing a bus ride for students who want to come down to the game. So stock up the concessions as well.

And I appreciate your words about Summit's future. We have a core group of about 20 sophomores who went 15-1 in two years of middle school. They were not well coached at Independence last year. But they are dedicated and committed. It's rubbing off on the freshman and it shows. Our freshman team....which is basically our second string varsity team... beat Creek Wood's JV and Fairview's freshmen teams. They lost to Dickson County's JV team which looked like a varsity team by the score of 21-6. My son said that he could tell how much easier it was playing down after knocking heads with upperclassmen all year long. So it will pay off and I can tell you no one has given up or gotten down about this year. They are excited for the future.

Glad your here. I expect over the coming years that Summit and Sping Hill should become a great cross town rivalry.

As for talking smack I would like to cordially offer my services to your team in the final week of the season. Don't expect Fairview to play any reserves. They didn't against us and acording to CoachT they were 48 point favorites in that game. If your playing at fv be sure to take some earplugs for the whole family. Their PA announcer screams over the looudspeakers. Especially if its short yardage for a first down for your team.

LOL...You are hereby designated as an honorary Spartan for the Fairview game...smack away! The game is at Fairview so thanks for the heads up on the PA announcer. How annoying. And it's a shame if they don't pull their starters. It's a recipe for disaster if they don't and a key player gets hurt in a meaningless game heading into the playoffs.

LOL...You are hereby designated as an honorary Spartan for the Fairview game...smack away! The game is at Fairview so thanks for the heads up on the PA announcer. How annoying. And it's a shame if they don't pull their starters. It's a recipe for disaster if they don't and a key player gets hurt in a meaningless game heading into the playoffs.

i am honored and I will do you proud...maybe create Leonidas id for :thumb: that week

Fairview's JV will play most of the game vs. Summit. Don't expect them to take any chances on any injuries.

We'll be eating down there for sure. Thanks for the tip. We'll have a few more fans in attendance than usual for an away game as the school is organizing a bus ride for students who want to come down to the game. So stock up the concessions as well.

And I appreciate your words about Summit's future. We have a core group of about 20 sophomores who went 15-1 in two years of middle school. They were not well coached at Independence last year. But they are dedicated and committed. It's rubbing off on the freshman and it shows. Our freshman team....which is basically our second string varsity team... beat Creek Wood's JV and Fairview's freshmen teams. They lost to Dickson County's JV team which looked like a varsity team by the score of 21-6. My son said that he could tell how much easier it was playing down after knocking heads with upperclassmen all year long. So it will pay off and I can tell you no one has gi.ven up or gotten down about this year. They are excited for the future.

Fairviews Freshman did not win a game. If that tells you anything

Everybody needs to say a little prayer for DadX5 and his family. He has been in St.Thomas since Tuesday with some heart issues. Apparently he had heart failure. He is doing ok but they are running test because his heart isn't pumping correctly.

Gonna be a little quieter tomorrow night at the game without that airhorn blowing!