Oakland at Smyrna

crazy_cowboy89

what is interesting, after looking into the criteria to seed the playoffs teams, I really think the best playoff seed this year will be the 6th or 7th seeds....wait and see....

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing. There could be some very tough first round playoff games for some high seeds.

Congrats to Smyrna on playing big in a big situation.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it before on an earlier post. Don't ever look past Smyrna. When they are down, they step up to the plate and throw a knock-out punch. I am glad that I didn't drive all the way down to TN to see this game. It had to be a hard one to stomach. It sounds like Oakland was never in it, but I am convinced that this will wake the Patriots up and bring their fighting spirit back in full force. Sometimes you need a total beat-down to come back to reality. Congrats to Smyrna. I know Thebulldog81 was excited about this outcome. I know you were proud of your boys. Good luck to Smyrna. You showed what it is all about to play with pride. Many have trashed Coach Williams over the years ( and I have done my share) but I think he just showed he is a good motivator and a good coach last night.

Oakland WILL come back and WILL make this a learning experience. We are not OUT! Lick your wounds today and step up tomorrow with a purpose and a new attitude to take it out on this next week of practice. Play every moment like it is your last.

I will say that it sounds like our coaching staff needs to put a hammer down on the remarks OHS players are making on this Tweeter thing. I have gotten many emails from CoachT pals shwoing me this garbage our boys are posting. Of course who knows if it is really an account from our kids or not though but sure looks real to me. Confidence is one thing but this arrogance is out of control and it has got to stop. You cannot give the opposition bulletin board material from your key players like we are doing. Get it under control, Mac and you should see a difference. I know that I am old school, but I am more embarrassed by the running of these mouths than I am about losing by so much last night.

Edited by 2priceless

Dominating performance by the Bulldogs. It all started with practice this past week. Everyday was a better practice than the day before. After the loss to Blackman and being on the brink of elimination the coaches could have lost control of the team. But instead they motivated the players to get better and stayed focused. That was obvious last night. What people saw last night was the real Smyrna Bulldogs. Had a small let down in the last of the third quarter into the forth. But responded well after that. The game plan was spot on. Many different weapons showed up to play. Stayed focused and got it done. What a huge statement. Enjoy the win. Get it done in practice all next week and come out with a win against Ravenwood. They are down this year but that is no excuse to let up. Every game from here on out is a playoff game. Proud to be a Bulldog. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

Dominating performance by the Bulldogs. It all started with practice this past week. Everyday was a better practice than the day before. After the loss to Blackman and being on the brink of elimination the coaches could have lost control of the team. But instead they motivated the players to get better and stayed focused. That was obvious last night. What people saw last night was the real Smyrna Bulldogs. Had a small let down in the last of the third quarter into the forth. But responded well after that. The game plan was spot on. Many different weapons showed up to play. Stayed focused and got it done. What a huge statement. Enjoy the win. Get it done in practice all next week and come out with a win against Ravenwood. They are down this year but that is no excuse to let up. Every game from here on out is a playoff game. Proud to be a Bulldog. Go Dawgs!!!

congrads...you guys have a very very good football team...most dangerous team in the state...i pity the top level seed you guys may get to play in playoffs...oakland will be good because they are young...but i KNEW this one could be a blowout based on what i saw of the two teams up close...win out so we have a chance at 2nd place...ha!

congrads...you guys have a very very good football team...most dangerous team in the state...i pity the top level seed you guys may get to play in playoffs...oakland will be good because they are young...but i KNEW this one could be a blowout based on what i saw of the two teams up close...win out so we have a chance at 2nd place...ha!

They might based on Siegel's struggle vs. LHS. Does this mean a Smyrna at Mt. Juliet 1st round playoff game? Could be interesting. I like how Smyrna put the scoreboard up high in the air at their place to keep their vandals from trashing it again.

Could this also mean several Rutherford/Williamson playoff first round games...maybe Oakland at Indy? Brentwood at Riverdale or Blackman?

I any case, OHS can't play like that in playoffs or it will be a quick exit. Memphis Arlington who they beat won at least 8 in a row after that, so it's not like OHS can't play when they show up focused and poised which the other night was not the case.

They might based on Siegel's struggle vs. LHS. Does this mean a Smyrna at Mt. Juliet 1st round playoff game? Could be interesting. I like how Smyrna put the scoreboard up high in the air at their place to keep their vandals from trashing it again.

Could this also mean several Rutherford/Williamson playoff first round games...maybe Oakland at Indy? Brentwood at Riverdale or Blackman?

I any case, OHS can't play like that in playoffs or it will be a quick exit. Memphis Arlington who they beat won at least 8 in a row after that, so it's not like OHS can't play when they show up focused and poised which the other night was not the case.

You can only reload so many times before you have a rebuilding year. Oakland just doesnt have the speed on defense this year that they have blessed with on a regular basis. I dont think Oakland played with a lack of focus, Smyrna and Blackman are just flat out better. Smyrna is the best team we have played all year

Arlington was a good win, best west tn football at the highest level is mediocre at best. Case in point, Brighton: They have lost a game since their game against Riverdale which was a blowout from the beginning. Arlington is a good team playing in a bad area for football

The Caped Vandalism Crusader strikes again. Glad to know your looking out for SHS and vandalism. The scoreboard does look nice in the higher position. Funny thing is I didn't see your Batman type light shining any where over Robert L Raikes stadium on Friday night. Why is it you can never post without bringing up vandalism. Put on your big boy pants and move on to something else. The horse is dead quit beating it.

You can only reload so many times before you have a rebuilding year. Oakland just doesnt have the speed on defense this year that they have blessed with on a regular basis. I dont think Oakland played with a lack of focus, Smyrna and Blackman are just flat out better. Smyrna is the best team we have played all year

Arlington was a good win, best west tn football at the highest level is mediocre at best. Case in point, Brighton: They have lost a game since their game against Riverdale which was a blowout from the beginning. Arlington is a good team playing in a bad area for football

From what i have seen from your freshman team, reloading will not be a problem.