Big Games in Memphis

kwc

This Week 8 coming up and playoff seeding is at stake. It is still too early to determine who will go where. According to the TSSAA's website, if the playoffs started today in 6A the 4th Quad would consist of Whitehaven, Brighton, Millington, White Station, Southwind, Germantown, Wooddale, and Collierville seeded in the oreder listed from one to eight. Quad 4 in 5A would be comprised of Henry County, Dyer County, Memphis East, Clarksville NE, Clarksville, Ridgeway, Bartlett, and Craigmont seeded in the order listed. I've not even looked at the private schools yet. These next few weeks games are critcal for a lot of teams. With that being said ... let's get the show on the road. I've selected seven games this week. They are listed as follows:

Big Games in Memphis

1) Briarcrest (4-4) @ CBHS (5-2)

2) Craigmont (4-3) @ Millington (6-1)

3) East (6-1) vs White Station (5-2) @ Fairgrounds

4) Germantown (4-3) @ Houston (3-4)

5) MUS (4-3) @ St. Benedict (5-1)

6) Ridgeway (4-3) vs Southwind (5-2) @ Halle

7) St. George's (6-1) @ USJ (7-1)

Analysis:

Game 1

Briarcrest has lost a few heartbreakers this season. CBHS is hitting their stride. CBHS wins this one, especially with the homefield advantage.

Briarcrest ... 17, CBHS ... 28

Game 2

Craigmont doesn't have the defense to stop Millington's run game. Millington's 'D' will be able to contain Craigmont's 'O' enough to outscore them.

Craigmont ... 14, Millington ... 28

Game 3

East runs into a White Station defense that will put Mr. Kimbrow under wraps. East's 'D' won't be able to slow down White Station's 'O' enough to win. White Station's special team play will also be an added benefit.

East ... 14, White Station ... 27

Game 4

Germantown will win easily if Shatavious Lowe plays. If Shatavious Lowe is not available, then Houston could pull the upset and keep hope alive. I just don't see that happening.

Germantown ... 17, Houston ... 7

Game 5

MUS has proven that they are for real. St. Benedict has proven that they just can't hang with the big boys.

MUS ... 28, St. Benedict ... 7

Game 6

Ridgeway is hitting their stride. I listened to their game last week on the radio and they had 5 TD's called back, and still put 49 points on the board. Southwind has made great strides since the inception of the football program a few years ago. Coach Miller is building a top notch program. I just think Ridgeway has way too much firepower for Southwind to contend with.

Ridgeway ... 35, Southwind ... 21

Game 7

St. George's has been consistantly good over the years. USJ can say the same. I'm going with the home team in this one.

St. George's ... 17, USJ ... 24

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for me. :thumb: Get in where you fit in!

Edited by kwc

CBHS beats Briarcrest

Millington beats Craigmont ( If Millington O holds onto ball and D holds QB at bay:sets up district championship showdown with Arlington)

White Station beats East (may be a close one)

Germantown beats Houston ( will be looking to unleash after loss to SW)

MUS beats St. Benny

Ridgeway beats Southwind (could be close)

USJ beats St. Georges ( a guess)

KWC...I want to go on record by saying that the Memphis Central vs. Memphis Hamilton is likewise a "Big Game" at least for the Hamilton Wildcats...given the fact that they possibly could be the 32nd team asked to compete in November!

Currently in 5A...Anderson County is the 31st team in the field of 32...however...with 3 games to play...they have 2 that seem to be an "uphill battle"!

Likewise..the Hamilton Wildcats have a interesting final 3 with games against Memphis Central (3-4), Westwood (6-2), and Melrose (2-6)! With wins over Central and Melrose...Hamilton probably plays there way into the field! The question is...what are their chances???

Edited by QBClubPrez
  • Upvote 1

CBHS over Briarcrest

Millington over Craigmont

White Station over East

Germantown over Houston

MUS over St. Benedict

Ridgeway over Southwind

USJ over St. George's

---------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting games next 3 games for all teams with playoff implications

KWC thanks for your weekly posts :thumb:

KWC...I want to go on record by saying that the Memphis Central vs. Memphis Hamilton is likewise a "Big Game" at least for the Hamilton Wildcats...given the fact that they possibly could be the 32nd team asked to compete in November!

Currently in 5A...Anderson County is the 31st team in the field of 32...however...with 3 games to play...they have 2 that seem to be an "uphill battle"!

Likewise..the Hamilton Wildcats have a interesting final 3 with games against Memphis Central (3-4), Westwood (6-2), and Melrose (2-6)! With wins over Central and Melrose...Hamilton probably plays there way into the field! The question is...what are their chances???

I didn't realize that. What do you think guys ... add the game?

CBHS beats Briarcrest

Millington beats Craigmont ( If Millington O holds onto ball and D holds QB at bay:sets up district championship showdown with Arlington)

White Station beats East (may be a close one)

Germantown beats Houston ( will be looking to unleash after loss to SW)

MUS beats St. Benny

Ridgeway beats Southwind (could be close)

USJ beats St. Georges ( a guess)

CBHS 35 -- BC 20 .... Briarcrest's late-season skid continues.

CGM 28 -- Mill 21.... Should be a good, competitive game.

WS 35 -- East 18 .... East has the better record; White Station... (much) better team.

GT 24 -- Hou 13 ..... Lowe/no Lowe...no matter! Gtwn gets the win.

MUS 38 -- StB 10 .... St. Benedict is totally outclassed in this one.

RW 41 -- SW 28 ..... Most exciting game of the night!

St.G 24 -- USJ 21 ... Nail-biter.

----------------------------------------

Central 16 -- Hamilton 6

1) Briarcrest (4-4) @ CBHS (5-2)

2) Craigmont (4-3) @ Millington (6-1)

3) East (6-1) vs White Station (5-2) @ Fairgrounds

4) Germantown (4-3) @ Houston (3-4)

5) MUS (4-3) @ St. Benedict (5-1)

6) Ridgeway (4-3) vs Southwind (5-2) @ Halle

7) St. George's (6-1) @ USJ (7-1)

Briarcrest 10 Craigmont 28 East 14 Germantown 13 MUS 42 Ridgeway 45

CBHS 24 Millington 31 White Station 35 Houston 14 St. Benedict 0 Southwind 28