Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Jumped by who? 6'4 and 250, are you serious? Kid should never had hardship ruling, should have went to Sale Creek or Ooltewah, or was he scared of those kids too? I wish no ill will toward SM, but this has got to get under control. If it does not, look out.

It's amazing how Tim just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Before this blow's over he may be 6'7" and 270.

Out of today Times Free Press.

“After the meeting, Childress said the TSSAA was disappointed with those remarks, saying the entire staff was on the road during the week he was first notified there could be an eligibility problem. He said several staff members were attending the state golf tournament the following week and then gathered to discuss the issue.†Here are the excuses why they waited so long to tell SM. Lancer10 apparently couldn’t remember they made excuses. Crap Childress originally said they got the information at the meeting on Set 22nd and determined they needed to investigate. How hard was it to tell our AD who was at the meeting there might be an issue?

"I can say honestly that we were notified by numerous administrators that we needed to look into four student-athletes who had transferred to Signal Mountain," Childress said. "We were told that [Coach] Bill Price had bragged they had recruited them in because they were good players. Any time we get a tip with the word 'recruiting' we first have to determine if there is enough evidence to pursue it.†Wow so now its 4 players and Coach Price bragged about recruiting them.

"We determined that three of the four kids we were tipped off about were legitimate transfers but that there were enough questions about Tim McClendon to follow up with an investigation.†So out of four they determined three didn’t get recruited without ever talking to the coach, players or family members. How do you determine they weren’t recruited if you don’t talk to them?

First story, TSSAA is told we have an out of zone player at the Sep 22nd meeting. They investigate and hang their hats on a form question. (accuracy to be determined) No mention of recruiting.

Second story, after SM appeals Childress now comes out and says they were told we recruited the player but they found the player to be OOZ, but didn’t get us for recruiting. Again first time the word recruiting was ever mentioned.

Third story, after the appeal, he now says they were told we recruited 4 players and he actually said he was told coach Price bragged about it.

Again original story no recruiting, second story he brought it up, and third story it's up to 4 and the coach bragged.

I have an opinion but I will wait until after the ruling to share it.

Wasn't in his testimony yesterday when questioned about having brought in 5 players he responded he had brought in 4 males and one female and that all the males HAPPENED to play football.

He said he had helped 5 kids 4 of which participated in sports. Apparently what you missed is only one of those 4 were to SM. This is his year at SM. They didn't ask him where the others went. He didn't bring 4 players to SM and he didn't coach while at LFO, so is helping kids a crime for a teacher?

He said he had helped 5 kids 4 of which participated in sports. Apparently what you missed is only one of those 4 were to SM. This is his year at SM. They didn't ask him where the others went. He didn't bring 4 players to SM and he didn't coach while at LFO, so is helping kids a crime for a teacher?

Started to say something about what kind of help.But that wouldn't be nice :unsure:

No doubt you have been sippin that mountain dew and rollin your own lil smokes if you really believe all their actions were legit. You are clearly tooooo close to see the whole picture.

No doubt you have been sippin that mountain dew and rollin your own lil smokes if you really believe all their actions were legit. You are clearly tooooo close to see the whole picture.

I will say you are clearly to far away and reading to much into what people post on here to see the picture. I have a very clear image of the picture.

If this were so cut and dry why is it taking so long for them to decide?

Edited by smeagle1