Fairview vs Harpeth

MrFootball22

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by WesVols:

Fairview 27, Harpeth 12

Aaron Cothran is too much for the Indian defense to stop. He will run for at least 200 yards, and Fairview won't struggle in this one. Good luck to both sides.

I think if Coach Winkler has anything left for this season, he can put together a game plan here that can stop Fairview. This is a team that is as one dimensional as any I have saw. You stop Cothran, you stop Fairview! Harpeth has the athletes, it's just whether they can get up after a disastrous season. I would also think that Fairview is not going to be quite as motivated as Harpeth will be.

Note: Harpeth at 1-6 could actually win a spot in the playoffs with a win over Fairview and then defeating lowly Richland! With that scenario, Fairview could finish 7-3 overall and Harpeth 3-7 and Harpeth would go to the playoffs and Fairview would miss out because they would both wind up 2-3 in the region, if Fairview were to beat Waverly?

If Fairview were to lose to Harpeth and then beat Waverly, then there could be a three way tie at 2-3 in which case, tiebreaker would revert to overall record.

In any case, this game between the two winds up a HUGE game for both teams as far as the playoffs goes.

Hey Patriot glad to see u can finally win a game to bad it was to a 2A team haha, by the way we are more than one dementional, I just run the ball that is it. I only played 2 1/2 quarters friday night with 3 td's but on most of our drives dusty England's accurate arm connected with a lot of recievers we are not jus a running team no more, but i wish harpeth best of luck to them and to page haha man looks like u should play ur cheerleaders this friday cause maybe someone out there on arno road actually knows how to play this sport.

Fairview 28

Harpeth 12

Well all I have to say is Im excited to see who wins this game. Harpeth has had a rough season, Fairview has had a descent one.I really believe that if Harpeth plays with all their heart they can beat Fairview. Im excited to see how well Fairview plays against them. Harpeth should be about ready to explode after the season they have had, maybe they can come out and ruin one for the jackets! From what I hear Cothran is the big man in jacket land. If Harpeth can stop him and execute thier offensive game they should win. To both teams if you stop the tailbacks you will win. This game will be won by defense. Good luck to both teams. I have no prediction. It will be a close one.

Senior WB/DB #7

the game could go either way. after playing against fairview and sadly having to watch the harpeth game this is what looks to me like a pretty even game. beasly is the quicker faster and more explosive back between the two. but cothran has such a big line that he just has to run in the hole cuz theres always one there. stopping fairview's running is the key to the win. they can't pass real well, but harpeth is struggling with the pass also. im going to go for the underdog and say harpeth because of the big play ability of their back and simply because i like the underdog teams. harpeth 21 fview20

Yes I agree that we do have a week schedule and everything. This game is alot to both of our teams, trust me we are very pumped up about this game this depens on if we go to the playoffs or if we have to fight like we did last year to bearly make it there. I was out last week with an ankle injury against Richland, but I will be back this week for Harpeth. This shall be an all out brall of both teams. It will be hard to play at Harpeth b.c I know they always have a good crowd and I know everyone has heard the chant song. We are tired of everyone counting us out and saying that we are juss beating teams that are 1A and aren't any good, so if we win Friday some people betta give some spect to us!

IT'S TIME TO TURN EVERYTHING AROUND AND START PLAYING BALL. WE HAVE BLOWN PART OF THE SEASON BUT ALL WILL BE WELL IN INDIAN COUNTRY AFTER WE BEGIN OUR QUEST FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT. 22 IS OK BUT HIS LINE WILL HAVE TO CONTEND WITH OURS THIS WEEK AND THEY ARE NO MATCH. REMEMBER HOW WE TURNED IT AROUND AT THE END LAST YEAR? IT IS TIME TO DO IT AGAIN AND SHOW EVERYONE WE ARE FOR REAL. COACH WINKLER NEEDS TO RISE TO THE OCCASSION AND PULL A RABBIT OUT OF HIS HAT AND GET US UP FOR THIS ONE. IT'S PUT UP OR SHUT UP FOR ALL OF US.

Although I had pledged not to interject myself into any cheerleading, I can remain silent no longer. Since Sportsfan has arrived and I know what a true motivational tool he is, I must counter his exuberance with my own. The Jackets are for real, as I said much earlier in this season and this week, they will make believers of all of you.. ALL of you I say with the voice of wind on iron!