2011 TN Titans Mr Football Ballot: Class AAA Backs

CoachT

Yawn...Who cares what your strength of schedule is if you can't win the title? Who cares about toughest schedule...blah blah blah...sorry, doesn't mean much to me...Maryville is the standard in 6A football....East Tennessee...They would do just as good in your beloved conference, trust me.

You just said prove it and I did but then again if we played against a weak strength of schedule we could all rest are players and be healthy for the playoffs and yes Maryville beat Smyrna last year when the center rolled the ball back to the holder for the go ahead field goal oh that just happened to be without their best defensive player of the year and a running back that was only about 75% healthy. That is alright tho we know if we were allowed to have OOZ players we could put together a team that would not be beat!!!!

You just said prove it and I did but then again if we played against a weak strength of schedule we could all rest are players and be healthy for the playoffs and yes Maryville beat Smyrna last year when the center rolled the ball back to the holder for the go ahead field goal oh that just happened to be without their best defensive player of the year and a running back that was only about 75% healthy. That is alright tho we know if we were allowed to have OOZ players we could put together a team that would not be beat!!!!

Maryville won with their BACKUP QB man, their is no excuse. They had Robinette the whole game yall wouldnt have even been that close.

Maryville won with their BACKUP QB man, their is no excuse. They had Robinette the whole game yall wouldnt have even been that close.

Yes and they lost Red Robinhood because Smyrna put him out of the game just the tough play of D7 he would not of even made it thru the year playing in D7 THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT D7 is tough!!! And Matters has set records playing there now this is what this thread is about I was just saying would be easier to run on a weak schedule vs the toughest schedule in the state. Oh no comment on the OOZ players right, we do not have that in Rutherford county. Must be nice I am sure a lot of other schools wish they could get OUT OF ZONE players to. LOL

Maryville has won 1 6A Championship and you say they are all that.

Edited by BullyDog

Yes and they lost Red Robinhood because Smyrna put him out of the game just the tough play of D7 he would not of even made it thru the year playing in D7 THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT D7 is tough!!! And Matters has set records playing there now this is what this thread is about I was just saying would be easier to run on a weak schedule vs the toughest schedule in the state. Oh no comment on the OOZ players right I am sure we do not have that in Rutherford county. Must be nice I am sure a lot of other schools wish they could get OUT OF AREA players to. LOL

Look dude, i am not a Maryville fan, i am an Oak Ridge fan, i just know a good team when i see one. Notice i said TEAM. yall can have all these awesome athletes all you want, ill take titles if i am Maryville. When it is all said and done, nobody cares about strength of schedule. all that matters is that gold ball. This isn't the BCS. Maryville, Oak Ridge, and whoever out here can't help what district we are put in. All you can do is go out and win football games and win the big game. When you get there and win it, nobody could really give 2 Sh*** who you played to get there, all that matters is your there. End of story. And yeah, i am sure Smyrna hasn't ever had a kid come play for them that hasn't originally been from there. All teams do it. Don't hate. :)

Edited by SweetScience

Look dude, i am not a Maryville fan, i am an Oak Ridge fan, i just know a good team when i see one. Notice i said TEAM. yall can have all these awesome athletes all you want, ill take titles if i am Maryville. When it is all said and done, nobody cares about strength of schedule. all that matters is that gold ball. This isn't the BCS. Maryville, Oak Ridge, and whoever out here can't help what district we are put in. All you can do is go out and win football games and win the big game. When you get there and win it, nobody could really give 2 Sh*** who you played to get there, all that matters is your there. End of story. And yeah, i am sure Smyrna hasn't ever had a kid come play for them that hasn't originally been from there. All teams do it. Don't hate. :)

And that is not what I am saying OOZ means a player playing for your team that does not live in your School Zone!!!! But that has nothing to do with this post about the best running back!!!

Not to take away from his accomplishments but for those who have seen him in action, could Mobley accomplish the same numbers in district 7-AAA?

You said

Yep, he could. He is every bit as good as Mathers. Bet money on it. Probably stronger too. What is so great about that district? Didn't Maryville and OR 2 east tennessee teams beat these teams last year? Sick of hearing about how great this district is. Prove it. Bottom line is East tennessee has always had the better teams historically over the years in the higher classes...DB,OR, Maryville etc etc

This post has been edited by SweetScience: 6 hours ago

Now this is not about winning the Gold Ball this is about who is the best running back in the state now do you not think that it is tougher to run against the 1 Strength of schedule or a lot weeker strength of schedule, that is the only point I was making.

Edited by BullyDog

And that is not what I am saying OOZ means a player playing for your team that does not live in your School Zone!!!! But that has nothing to do with this post about the best running back!!!

Not to take away from his accomplishments but for those who have seen him in action, could Mobley accomplish the same numbers in district 7-AAA?

You said

Yep, he could. He is every bit as good as Mathers. Bet money on it. Probably stronger too. What is so great about that district? Didn't Maryville and OR 2 east tennessee teams beat these teams last year? Sick of hearing about how great this district is. Prove it. Bottom line is East tennessee has always had the better teams historically over the years in the higher classes...DB,OR, Maryville etc etc

This post has been edited by SweetScience: 6 hours ago

Now this is not about winning the Gold Ball this is about who is the best running back in the state now do you not think that it is tougher to run against the 1 Strength of schedule or a lot weeker strength of schedule, that is the only point I was making.

Well, probably tougher if your mathers, but i honestly feel Mobley would do just as good in that district as well. A good running back is a good running back, regardless of district.

enough said

You are right he has the numbers of Matters only difference Brian Kimbrow has 2 fumbles and Mathers has NONE!!!! ENOUGH SAID

Name---------------------Pos GP Att Yds Yds/Att Yds/G Lng TD Fum

1 Brian Kimbrow(Sr)

Memphis East (Memphis, TN) HB, CB 7 156 1696 10.87 242.3 90 18 2

# Name-----------------Pos GP Att Yds Yds/Att Yds/G Lng TD Fum

1 I'tavius Mathers(Sr)

Blackman (Murfreesboro, TN) RB 7 170 1667 9.81 238.1 86 17

You are right he has the numbers of Matters only difference Brian Kimbrow has 2 fumbles and Mathers has NONE!!!! ENOUGH SAID

Name---------------------Pos GP Att Yds Yds/Att Yds/G Lng TD Fum

1 Brian Kimbrow(Sr)

Memphis East (Memphis, TN) HB, CB 7 156 1696 10.87 242.3 90 18 2

# Name-----------------Pos GP Att Yds Yds/Att Yds/G Lng TD Fum

1 I'tavius Mathers(Sr)

Blackman (Murfreesboro, TN) RB 7 170 1667 9.81 238.1 86 17

where you at the games did he fumble in the open field or where they bad handoffs?????? less att more yards and more tds

Edited by big_mike0307

Mathers

Robinette

Kimbrow

All these Kids are deserving I have no idea how to rank them because I've not seen two of the three play live.

As far as this thread goes it is about who is the best back not best running back as Bullydog stated also bully there have only been 2 6a state championship games in the history of the state and Maryville has played in both of them so using your logic I can say that MHS has won half of all the 6a state championships and make it sound a whole lot better than "only won one". As bad as you hate it MHS is the standard at this time and as far as those strength of schedules they are just opinions like a top ten poll. I'm not a 7aaa hater in fact I hope that this year MHS gets to play Blackman in the playoffs so we can all see Mr. Mathers.

Mathers

Robinette

Kimbrow

All these Kids are deserving I have no idea how to rank them because I've not seen two of the three play live.

As far as this thread goes it is about who is the best back not best running back as Bullydog stated also bully there have only been 2 6a state championship games in the history of the state and Maryville has played in both of them so using your logic I can say that MHS has won half of all the 6a state championships and make it sound a whole lot better than "only won one". As bad as you hate it MHS is the standard at this time and as far as those strength of schedules they are just opinions like a top ten poll. I'm not a 7aaa hater in fact I hope that this year MHS gets to play Blackman in the playoffs so we can all see Mr. Mathers.

Yes you are right it is the best back, my fault, I do have a QB as the best back in 1A Jacob Tucker has set 5 state records has the highest QB rating a 143 in the state, including all divisions and by far the best back in 1A 1855 yds passing 23 Tds and 790 yds rushing 12 Tds for a total of 2645 yds and 35 Tds. And no strength of schedule is not based on opinions it is based on your opponents winning percentage. Lets see if we play teams that win 10% of their games and you play against teams that win 90% of their games I would say your schedule is tougher!!!!! Not Rocket Science!!!!

Edited by BullyDog