Covington @ Milan

CHARGERFAN

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say way to stand up for your kids! I don't know the story behind Trezevants actions at the Championship game! So my thoughts would be exactly what I stated earlier! All Coaches stand up for what they believe is the right call in every sport! Some handle it in different ways! I can garuntee he's not the first to march to mid field and definitely won't be the last!

------------------------------------------------------

The main fault with Trezevants coach was he simply let a few on the team play the same as they had all year> >> flagrant ,undisciplined play with no attempt to straighten them out..they did same against DC ,however refs were up to par in Championship game ..it was the most pitiful display of sportmanship conduct Ive ever seen..

Covington coach had a right IMO to question the call especially after being signaled TD ..he was only ref who plainly saw the play as others were out of position or vision blocked as stated by media to make the call..

Good lucK to All district 13 teams moving into playoffs !!

Edited by DHSFB64

Final ?. Haven't gotten an answer, hasn't been asked or reported in discussion. What was the correct call? regardless of who called it, overruled/not overruled etc., what refs saw/didn't see & etc or how they came to conclusion..Did they get it right in the end? I'm not asking this believing or insinuating one way or another, it's just been a discussion on the response to the way it was made. Refs do make mistakes(individually & jointly) coaches, we all do. Was knee down or did he score? It was a 2pt conversion correct? so TD or no TD? Good or no good?

Edited by StBentley

Final ?. Haven't gotten an answer, hasn't been asked or reported in discussion. What was the correct call? regardless of who called it, overruled/not overruled etc., what refs saw/didn't see & etc or how they came to conclusion..Did they get it right in the end? I'm not asking this believing or insinuating one way or another, it's just been a discussion on the response to the way it was made. Refs do make mistakes(individually & jointly) coaches, we all do. Was knee down or did he score? It was a 2pt conversion correct? so TD or no TD? Good or no good?

It's not college, or NFL with numerous cameras everywhere to go back and look. We'll never know. Covington fans will say good, Milan will say no good. Personally from my view and angle, looked like he was down at the 2 1/2 yard line. The Jackson Sun reported he was down at the two yard line. According to a previous post from a Covington fan they have a picture...so who knows. Truth of it all, that play would NOT have won them the game. They would have kicked the ball back to Milan, who still had plenty of time on the clock, and a kicker with a 43 yard fg this season under his belt, or they would have tried an onside kick (which they did and were unsuccessful) and Milan got the ball on their 40 something yard line. Milan at that point was in clock burning mode, had they been tied, they would have gone into score mode.

It's Wednesday, time to move on and stop dwelling! Covington can try their revenge in Week 9 of the 2012 season.

It's not college, or NFL with numerous cameras everywhere to go back and look. We'll never know. Covington fans will say good, Milan will say no good. Personally from my view and angle, looked like he was down at the 2 1/2 yard line. The Jackson Sun reported he was down at the two yard line. According to a previous post from a Covington fan they have a picture...so who knows. Truth of it all, that play would NOT have won them the game. They would have kicked the ball back to Milan, who still had plenty of time on the clock, and a kicker with a 43 yard fg this season under his belt, or they would have tried an onside kick (which they did and were unsuccessful) and Milan got the ball on their 40 something yard line. Milan at that point was in clock burning mode, had they been tied, they would have gone into score mode.

It's Wednesday, time to move on and stop dwelling! Covington can try their revenge in Week 9 of the 2012 season.

FYI Milan has 2 cameras going on every play. One is HD and can zoom to see a fly on the field. He was down. Check the film

FYI Milan has 2 cameras going on every play. One is HD and can zoom to see a fly on the field. He was down. Check the film

"He was down." That is news to me, since a picture has surfaced that shows the opposite. TSSAA may have already seen the picture-I hope so. You know, you said it is Wednesday and Covington needs to stop dwelling-well it is hard to STOP dwelling when certain people continue to want to rub it Covington's face. This has NEVER been about Milan-it has EVERYTHING to do with the officating UNTIL you trashed our coach, our fans and our school (not teaching respect). My motto is: you can say ANYTHING about me, do ANYTHING you want to me, BUT, you leave my family and friends OUT of it. Covington and THE Chargers are my family and my friends -and I will take up for them at the drop of a hat, just as you have with Milan.

In response to how old someone should be before they can post? You keep referring "Oh child." You use 03-may I assume that you graduated in the Class of 2003? If so, that makes you between 25 and 26. You also stated that high school plus 1 is old enough to post-may I assume you have have a high school degree and 1 year of college or trade school? This is a good thing-you also said you worked, that's another good thing. Just want you to know if my assumptions are correct-I have worked LONGER than you have been on this EARTH-34 years to be exact. Now that does not make me smarter or better than you-just wanted you to know that the posts are not high students. :thumb:

If the 2 pt. conversion had stood and tied the score-NO one knows how the game would have ended.

"He was down." That is news to me, since a picture has surfaced that shows the opposite. TSSAA may have already seen the picture-I hope so. You know, you said it is Wednesday and Covington needs to stop dwelling-well it is hard to STOP dwelling when certain people continue to want to rub it Covington's face. This has NEVER been about Milan-it has EVERYTHING to do with the officating UNTIL you trashed our coach, our fans and our school (not teaching respect). My motto is: you can say ANYTHING about me, do ANYTHING you want to me, BUT, you leave my family and friends OUT of it. Covington and THE Chargers are my family and my friends -and I will take up for them at the drop of a hat, just as you have with Milan.

In response to how old someone should be before they can post? You keep referring "Oh child." You use 03-may I assume that you graduated in the Class of 2003? If so, that makes you between 25 and 26. You also stated that high school plus 1 is old enough to post-may I assume you have have a high school degree and 1 year of college or trade school? This is a good thing-you also said you worked, that's another good thing. Just want you to know if my assumptions are correct-I have worked LONGER than you have been on this EARTH-34 years to be exact. Now that does not make me smarter or better than you-just wanted you to know that the posts are not high students. :thumb:

Never in my life.....You are a bloomin fricken idiot!!!! First off, Jeff Morris himself said in the paper that NO one...not Milan, not Covington, not any news paper has any viable evidence to show him being down or good. Secondly, show the frappin picture to TSSAA...to the governor....to the president of the United States, it doesn't really matter because it will NOT change anything!!! Third, I never trashed ANYTHING about Covington! It was YOUR fan who first bashed the educational system of Milan because of my 'spelling errors'...and as YOU say...Milan is my family, my alma mater....I now and forever BLEED purple, and I will stand for them until the end!!! You dove in to this thread head first speaking some nonsense about Milan fans laughing at a hurt kid....oh wait I'm sorry Young Man. You should be ashamed yourself for even claiming such a ridiculous thing! I'm sorry but he is not extraordinary for getting up every Friday night after an injury. ALL these kids do that!!! They ALL get up and brush themselves off and go again! They play with broken arms, hurt backs, concusions! He is a brave young man for what he does week in and week out.....but he's not extraordinary for it. At first I thought you were the kids cheerleader girlfriend....maybe you're his momma...idk! Either way your way too emotionally involved! This is HIGH SCHOOL football....these are high school kids!

As for the age...I think it should be high school DIPLOMA plus one day! Meaning one day after graduation you can join to be a poster. But...if you are indeed 40-50 something...maybe I should change that to "just not a fricken idiot". You have done nothing but made us both look like idiots....you for well just your posts in general, me for arguing with you about the nonsense!

You've not been here long....8 posts to be exact....you need to toughen up, learn a few things about football and then come back and join us next year!!!! And as for your "no one knows what would have happened" ....I do in fact know exactly what would have happened....COVINGTON WOULD HAVE KICKED THE BALL BACK TO MILAN....with PLENTY of time on the clock to possibly score. How do I know that you ask??? Well basically bc I LIVE for football....and well it's a basic rule...you score, you kick off.

So please, for the love of football....go watch Remember the Titans....Google it...something, but learn the basics before you get on here acting like you have a clue what's going on!!! :thumb:

Edited by BullDawgGirl03

Never in my life.....You are a bloomin fricken idiot!!!! First off, Jeff Morris himself said in the paper that NO one...not Milan, not Covington, not any news paper has any viable evidence to show him being down or good. Secondly, show the frappin picture to TSSAA...to the governor....to the president of the United States, it doesn't really matter because it will NOT change anything!!! Third, I never trashed ANYTHING about Covington! It was YOUR fan who first bashed the educational system of Milan because of my 'spelling errors'...and as YOU say...Milan is my family, my alma mater....I now and forever BLEED purple, and I will stand for them until the end!!! You dove in to this thread head first speaking some nonsense about Milan fans laughing at a hurt kid....oh wait I'm sorry Young Man. You should be ashamed yourself for even claiming such a ridiculous thing! I'm sorry but he is not extraordinary for getting up every Friday night after an injury. ALL these kids do that!!! They ALL get up and brush themselves off and go again! They play with broken arms, hurt backs, concusions! He is a brave young man for what he does week in and week out.....but he's not extraordinary for it. At first I thought you were the kids cheerleader girlfriend....maybe you're his momma...idk! Either way your way too emotionally involved! This is HIGH SCHOOL football....these are high school kids!

As for the age...I think it should be high school DIPLOMA plus one day! Meaning one day after graduation you can join to be a poster. But...if you are indeed 40-50 something...maybe I should change that to "just not a fricken idiot". You have done nothing but made us both look like idiots....you for well just your posts in general, me for arguing with you about the nonsense!

You've not been here long....8 posts to be exact....you need to toughen up, learn a few things about football and then come back and join us next year!!!! And as for your "no one knows what would have happened" ....I do in fact know exactly what would have happened....COVINGTON WOULD HAVE KICKED THE BALL BACK TO MILAN....with PLENTY of time on the clock to possibly score. How do I know that you ask??? Well basically bc I LIVE for football....and well it's a basic rule...you score, you kick off.

So please, for the love of football....go watch Remember the Titans....Google it...something, but learn the basics before you get on here acting like you have a clue what's going on!!! :thumb: