BOONE @ SOUTH

FUB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, this will be an interesting game. A real fist fight.

Ahhhh...............sorry too soon?

It'll be physical, these two teams do not like each other. South has been more successful than Boone, beating TN High and Elizabethton, two teams that Boone has not done well against. Boone showed more life than South did against DB, the SH game seemed about even...

Simply put, South is looking to NOT end up playing Mo West in the first round, Boone is in their playoff season right now. If Boone loses, no playoffs. Boone wins, they have to take care of next week and make it happen.

Boone won the last match up, the first time in ten years. Boone always has troubles against South.

So, back against the wall, things aren't looking good, South is the favorite in the game.....heck I like these odds :) I'll pick my Boone boys to take it to the South kids. Great match up coming.

I agree, this will be an interesting game. A real fist fight.

Ahhhh...............sorry too soon?

It'll be physical, these two teams do not like each other. South has been more successful than Boone, beating TN High and Elizabethton, two teams that Boone has not done well against. Boone showed more life than South did against DB, the SH game seemed about even...

Simply put, South is looking to NOT end up playing Mo West in the first round, Boone is in their playoff season right now. If Boone loses, no playoffs. Boone wins, they have to take care of next week and make it happen.

Boone won the last match up, the first time in ten years. Boone always has troubles against South.

So, back against the wall, things aren't looking good, South is the favorite in the game.....heck I like these odds :) I'll pick my Boone boys to take it to the South kids. Great match up coming.

Has Boone ever won at Death Valley FB?

1985 Boone 7 South 0

1998 Boone 20 South 8

1999 Boone 56 South 14

Were any of those at DV?

I should have known I could count on you to come up with the stat history 04. Well I don't know the sites, but logic would dictate that we surmise either 1998 or 1999 was at Death Valley. So the answer is a definite yes. And I seem to remember they went 0-10 followed by a 2-8 those 2 years but cannot remember where the games were played. Oh well, you got the answer anyway. Thanks....btw 04....how are those 6A vs 5A stats coming? :D

Also Crawdad here is how the 5A has fared against 6A in 2009 and 2010, seeing as how there probably won't be any more posts in the Crockett thread:

*5A schools had a combined record of 162-267 against 6A schools in 2009 & 2010.

*17 of the 58 5A teams had a winning record over 6A schools in 2009 & 2010

*11 of the 58 5A teams were winless against 6A teams in 2009 & 2010

*Only 1 5A school had 0 losses to 6A teams in 2009 & 2010. That team was Henry County.

Ridgeway recorded the most wins against 6A schools with a record of 10 wins and 6 losses.

Memphis Overton recorded the most losses to 6A schools with a record of 1 and 13.

*While Columbia (the 2009 5A runner up and 2010 5A state champion) had an impressive record against 6A schools, 6-2, the two teams they lost to had a 7-5 and 5-6 record respectively.

*Ooltewah was a 6A school in 2009 and possibly in 2010 but I counted them as a 5A school since that is where they are now classified. That goes for any other team that may have been in a different classification.

Henry County 4 0

Powell 4 2

Mo' West 3 3

Columbia 6 2

Gallatin 5 3

Shelbyville Central 6 2

Dyer County 0 2

Knox West 7 5

Memphis East 4 4

Ooltewah 5 6

Tullahoma 8 6

Glencliff 2 8

Cherokee 0 4

Ridgeway 10 6

Sullivan South 2 2

Hendersonville 8 4

Beech 6 2

Clarksville NE 3 1

Clarksville 1 3

South Doyle 0 6

Springfield 2 2

Lenoir City 3 7

Bartlett 3 11

Station Camp 1 9

Anderson Co. 4 2

Craigmont 8 2

Cleveland 4 6

Tennessee 3 1

Antioch 4 8

Mo' East 0 4

Centennial 1 11

Hamilton 0 10

White County 1 7

Cocke Co. 0 4

Daniel Boone 3 1

Munford 1 3

Knox Catholic 6 6

Jackson N Side 1 1

Kenwood 1 5

Hardin County 0 2

Clarksville NW 2 4

Campbell County 1 5

Knox Central 2 4

Volunteer 0 4

Melrose 4 4

Hillsboro 4 8

Hillwood 2 6

Memphis Overton 1 13

Knox Halls 2 6

Seymour 1 5

Lawrence County 5 1

Cumberland County 0 6

Sullivan Central 0 4

David Crockett 0 4

Walker Valley 1 9

West Creek 1 3

Portland 1 5

Clinton 5 3

Total 162 267

I should have known I could count on you to come up with the stat history 04. Well I don't know the sites, but logic would dictate that we surmise either 1998 or 1999 was at Death Valley. So the answer is a definite yes. And I seem to remember they went 0-10 followed by a 2-8 those 2 years but cannot remember where the games were played. Oh well, you got the answer anyway. Thanks....btw 04....how are those 6A vs 5A stats coming? :D

They were from hsfdatabase.com. I've submitted a few scores there pertaining to THS. But the guy who runs it, is a Montgomery Bell Academy fan and does a great job with it.

Edited by THSVikings2004

They were from hsfdatabase.com. I've submitted a few scores there pertaining to THS. But the guy who runs it, is a Montgomery Bell Academy fan and does a great job with it.

Incredible, you are amazing. I will be up all night pouring over these numbers. High school football has taken over my life. :wacko:

These numbers back up what we would assume though, that classification by size has merit to fairness. I was having a discussion on the 5A playoff thread with QBClubPrez who is a Henry Co. fan. He was questioning whether there was really an advantage. I suppose Henry Co. is a large 5A and plays smaller , less successful 6A programs in that part of the state and thus his observations are somewhat biased. All we have here is the small 5A, South and Tennessee High vs the larger, successful 6As like Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett. So we may get a truer view of the discrepancy.

I was wondering Igor, since you are such an incredible servant, would transfer that data to the 5A playoff thread so it remains there? I think all those 5A fans that are ticked about scheduling might take up arms against the TSSAA. Munford plays in district 13 with only 5 conference AAA teams and has the luxury of scheduling 6 non conference games. Two of those are AA teams and two more are A teams. And they will probably be in the playoffs. Oh well. back to Boone vs South, a good ole 5A vs 5A.

Went to South and Crockett this week and the boy loved it. I'm hoping this week will bring more of the same from him. He got on me everytime I was talking to FMo and they were fixing to run a play. He'd say daddy are you watching? Good stuff.

I'll say this one comes down to the final few minutes of the game. Boone scores 1st 7-0. Rebels get two TD's, but miss one XP. 13-7. Boone scores to go up 14-13. Boone scores again 21-13. Rebels score with two minutes to go 21-19. Have to go for two to force OT. Stopped and fails to recover onside kick. Boone wins 21-19. I'm usually wrong and hopefully I'm wrong again. Either way a good close game and it'll be worth every penny. After reading the TH and DB posts, I just hope we don't get those refs. Neither side seemed happy with that officiating. Let them play.