BOONE @ SOUTH

FUB

I'm reminded of a quarter-final game in 2008 where a very able RB got the call on all four downs in the second overtime. It was explained to me that it was a call of honor. There's one more chance to get it right.

That night was like acid reflux Comp. You can't feel good cause it keeps coming up. :)

The 2nd and goal from the 2yd. line looked like it was called to the wrong side of the formation or it was just a bad call.

The 3rd and goal from the 2yd. line looked like the RB turned up the middle when the formation called for left.

The 4th and goal call was in the "let's surprise em category" but failed to do so.

You still have to give Boone credit there. They loaded up and Coach Jenkins said they expected South to throw it in with #4 in the game. They had gone to man coverage on the outside. I was surprised South didn't use their bread and butter bunch set and run it in like they did in the Tn Hi and Elizabethton games.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reminded of a quarter-final game in 2008 where a very able RB got the call on all four downs in the second overtime. It was explained to me that it was a call of honor. There's one more chance to get it right.

It reminded me of the game in 2006 when the real DB beat South 44-0. But then again.....everything reminds me of that game.:)

It reminds me of some dufus saying Boone couldn't beat South with Barry Sanders playing. :wacko:

Apparently you guys didn't play this Sanders kid. It's a good thing to, cuz you would have lost with him.

HUH???? :unsure:

http://magazine13.com/img/sport/top_10_running_backs_ever/barry-sanders.jpg

:shock: PUT HIM ON THE FIELD, JJ!!!!

HUH???? :unsure:

Oh well!!! Excellent game. Great D at the end.

It reminded me of the game in 2006 when the real DB beat South 44-0. But then again.....everything reminds me of that game.:)

Jack...not even a reach around? 2006? What about 2007 and 2008? 2008...the year you beat the 'Toppers by one point? I know...your the Mighty DB! Maybe when you get some Southers in your camp you might be able to win a state title! We'll be sure and bring you some QB's. And 2006? I like how you did in the platoffs that year...just like most years actually. Don't worry though...we'll be there in a few years. And we will bring all the Quarterbacks you need. Maybe by that time you will have a decent coach with a decent offense...say...Someone with the last name of...Carter! Revenge is usually sweet. Oh, but you didn't know that part did you! It's OK lovie...a little Souther blood never hurt anyone...'specially city slickers. Oh yeah...REBEL NATION!

Jack...not even a reach around? 2006? What about 2007 and 2008? 2008...the year you beat the 'Toppers by one point? I know...your the Mighty DB! Maybe when you get some Southers in your camp you might be able to win a state title! We'll be sure and bring you some QB's. And 2006? I like how you did in the platoffs that year...just like most years actually. Don't worry though...we'll be there in a few years. And we will bring all the Quarterbacks you need. Maybe by that time you will have a decent coach with a decent offense...say...Someone with the last name of...Carter! Revenge is usually sweet. Oh, but you didn't know that part did you! It's OK lovie...a little Souther blood never hurt anyone...'specially city slickers. Oh yeah...REBEL NATION!

:roflol:

Some interesting facts about that 2006 game that you may have forgoten.

DB lead 23-0 with over 4 minutes left in the FIRST quarter. (Clark hadn't even finshed his first pirce of gum)

DB outgained South 299 yards to 37 (I can fall futher than that)

Curt Phillips (the best player in Souths history) ran 17 times for -21 yards. (thats(-) minus 21 yrds.)

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Some interesting facts about that 2006 game that you may have forgoten.

DB lead 23-0 with over 4 minutes left in the FIRST quarter. (Clark hadn't even finshed his first pirce of gum)

DB outgained South 299 yards to 37 (I can fall futher than that)

Curt Phillips (the best player in Souths history) ran 17 times for -21 yards. (thats(-) minus 21 yrds.)

There's one thing that we can't forget, because you keep reminding us---You are a classless act, not like most DB fans.