Projected 6A Playoff brackets..

EarlVolFan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your wish is granted...

http://www.dnj.com/article/20111015/SPORTS08/111015001/UPDATED-BLOG-6A-playoffs-started-today-

As far as being different from TSSAA, these include last night's games. ALSO, I include Coffee Co., which locked up at least a runner-up finish in 6-AAA and is currently 3-5, so they aren't in the list by the TSSAA.

Your wish is granted...

http://www.dnj.com/article/20111015/SPORTS08/111015001/UPDATED-BLOG-6A-playoffs-started-today-

As far as being different from TSSAA, these include last night's games. ALSO, I include Coffee Co., which locked up at least a runner-up finish in 6-AAA and is currently 3-5, so they aren't in the list by the TSSAA.

Tom, you are usually right on about these, but how do you have both Siegel and Oakland going West over Blackman? That makes no sense. Blackman is further West than both and further NorthWest on I-24 putting them closer to the teams in the West.

Just using my memory from last year's maps. I believe the rationale used last year was that a team like Riverdale and Blackman with their proximity to I-24 could be part of that Quad 2 (Chattanooga quad) better than Oakland/Siegel since they would both have to travel through town to get to the interstate.

But won't they have to travel those same roads through town to get to the interstate to go West? Then they would have to go further than Blackman would. Makes no sense...I guess that's why the TSSAA does it.

First I do not see them putting Dickson County in Quad 4. Second if they did, no way 2nd spot at best they would be the 5th best team in the Quad.

If there is not 8 teams west of Dickson make the 6A playoffs, then Dickson would not go to Quad 4, otherwise they would. Not sure why you don't think they would put them in that Quad. Should a team from Nashville be moved to Quad 4 if 8 teams west of Dickson don't make the 6a playoffs?

As far as seeding goes, it has nothing to do with ratings or who is actually the better team. It has to do with the criteria set by the tssaa. Overall victories is the 1st criteria. You can check out the criteria at the tssaa website. I believe its tssaa.org.

If there is not 8 teams west of Dickson make the 6A playoffs, then Dickson would not go to Quad 4, otherwise they would. Not sure why you don't think they would put them in that Quad. Should a team from Nashville be moved to Quad 4 if 8 teams west of Dickson don't make the 6a playoffs?

As far as seeding goes, it has nothing to do with ratings or who is actually the better team. It has to do with the criteria set by the tssaa. Overall victories is the 1st criteria. You can check out the criteria at the tssaa website. I believe its tssaa.org.

I do understand seeding an I guess I am a little confused on the teams going to Quad 4. Last TSSAA I saw had Arlington going to quad 3 and did not show Dickson County in Quad 4. So i need to research a little more.