Grainger @ Greeneville

budkilmer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senior night for a large class of seniors that have really turned this program into a powerhouse.. From the lost in the state championship to now, this class has had a huge part in this program.... I believe this is the best class to ever come through greeneville!

Not taking anything from this class because they are good, but I would have to disagree. The class of 99 was one heck of a class. That was the 98 football season that went 13-0 before losing to the Witten's and Elizabethton in the Quaterfinals. They were playing against tougher competition back then too, West, Jeff Co. (in their better days), and beat Betsy earlier in the year. That was the best team I had seen. Their defense was unreal.

Not taking anything from this class because they are good, but I would have to disagree. The class of 99 was one heck of a class. That was the 98 football season that went 13-0 before losing to the Witten's and Elizabethton in the Quaterfinals. They were playing against tougher competition back then too, West, Jeff Co. (in their better days), and beat Betsy earlier in the year. That was the best team I had seen. Their defense was unreal.

I have to agree that was a really good class but also not the smartest one! (if you know why they lost to Elizabethton in the play-offs). This years Greeneville class has some Great athletes but so does alot of Greeneville past classes. I remember when this group was a bunch of 8th graders my senior year of high school and knew if they stuck to McCurry/Ballards plan they would be a force in football :thumb:

I agree. I always said that was the most talented team Greeneville ever had. If they would have worked the way the current teams do, then that team would have been unreal.

With that said, I’ll take this year’s senior class because they have enough talent, and they've been smart enough to put it to good use (considering the rumor of the 98 team that I've heard).

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

I'm not interested in names, but what happened to the class of '99?

Some of the stars on the team, not just the Seniors, thought that would go and smoke some dope before the game on Friday night against Elizabethton in the quarterfinals. They came out flat obviously and the Witten's handed it to them. I'm sure most of them regret that decision today. They could have been the first team with a ring in Greeneville, but hey, those were just the rumors.

Some of the stars on the team, not just the Seniors, thought that would go and smoke some dope before the game on Friday night against Elizabethton in the quarterfinals. They came out flat obviously and the Witten's handed it to them. I'm sure most of them regret that decision today. They could have been the first team with a ring in Greeneville, but hey, those were just the rumors.

That is basically the same thing I heard. I obviously can't confirm that, but that was always the story behind it. They pretty much dominated Elizabethton during the season, then got killed by them in the playoffs. Greeneville looked like a completely different team that night in the quarterfinals, everyone was stunned.

The devils are rollin right now and seem to play better every week. The defense(SHARKS) are really starting to dominate. The offense is averaging like 3 plays a drive to score in the past 2 games. By the time the playoffs start the devils could be unstoppable!!

Gville 66...Grainger 0

Hope the starters can stay warm the second half.. :roflol: