CAMDEN VS. STEWART COUNTY.

camdenfish

A couple of years ago the Lions went to Stewart Co. and the Rebs took us deep into the fourth quarter. Their team was a little better then, but so was ours. Caution is needed when going to Rebel Country late in the season. This game is more important to them than it is the Camden boys. Camden 31, Stewart Co. 20

@38320 has a much better score prediction than some other posters. Camden is a win this week away from a possible District 11-AA title. They'd need some help elsewhere to clinch this week but it is possible. The Rebels play hard and aren't going to roll over. They are on the "3-5 playoff bubble" along with 4 other teams and I'm sure they are going to fight with everything they have to stay alive in the postseason picture. I would personally go with Camden to win by a score of 28-14 but I'd never say that this one would be 42-7. The Rebels play too hard to get beaten by that amount.

We do love our team in Camden. Sometimes, and I speak of past predictions, we love our team blindly. Camden should beat the Rebels and do so handily. That does not meen they will. I have no doubt that Camden is the better team but that doesn't meen that team will show up for this game. Look at the Bruceton game that we won 14 to 0. Look at the Westview game in which Camden didn't even attempt to play in until the 4th quarter. There was no reason to loose that game. Camden is a better team than Westview, but we lost. The talent is there for a big win but it was there in Bruceton and at Westview. It just didn't show up for those games. We had flashes of the talent Camden has in the Huntingdon game. Not the whole game but a lot of it. Take away the onside kick fiasco and the game would have been a lot closer at least and with a stop Camden might have even had a chance of winning. Huntingdon has a very fine team with a lot of talent this year. With all that being said and a wind bag I can be sometimes I believe Camden gets the win 35-14. Go Lions

Camden has a very average team this year. They are not the team in past years. Yes they COULD have beat westview, but i wouldnt say SHOULD have or that Camden has the better team. Westviews line man handled Camdens line all night long. I havent seen Camden win the battle in the trenches all year. As for the Huntingdon game, Huntingdon is all around better team. Beat Camden in all aspects of the game. I hope the line and discipline problems get solved for Camden before playoff time. Camden by two scores over the Rebels

Camden could have beaten Westview but if you say that then you must also say that Camden could have lost to David Lipscomb, Cheatham County, Montgomery Central, and Harpeth.

Camden is 4-1 in what I would call "down to the wire" games this year. Lions fans have NO REASON to complain about possibly being better than what the record currently says. Camden is 6-2 and without a handful of key plays they could just as easily be 3-5 or 2-6.

Camden could have beaten Westview but if you say that then you must also say that Camden could have lost to David Lipscomb, Cheatham County, Montgomery Central, and Harpeth.

Camden is 4-1 in what I would call "down to the wire" games this year. Lions fans have NO REASON to complain about possibly being better than what the record currently says. Camden is 6-2 and without a handful of key plays they could just as easily be 3-5 or 2-6.

I agree. Camden could have lost a few games. The mont. game not going to lie should of went to overtime. I felt bad for that kicker. Anyways im actually surprised that they have done this well so far. We have talent just no size at all.

I agree. Camden could have lost a few games. The mont. game not going to lie should of went to overtime. I felt bad for that kicker. Anyways im actually surprised that they have done this well so far. We have talent just no size at all.

Yes, Camden could have lost a few more games. The line on both sides of the ball is undersized but they have played hard and have not given up. The offensive is explosive and that has kept Camden in the games. With the exception of Waverly, Camden has not played any game that was won in the first half. It has been 2nd half wins all season. Camden should have lost the MC game. The coach chose to go for the tie instead of the win. That lost him the game. MCs QB had been gaining 4 to 5 yards on every carry up the middle every time he carried the ball. Why try an extra point. Why not go for 2 and the win. As was said earlier, with the eaception of a few key plays Camden could be 2-6 instead of 6-2, true, but with the exception of a few key plays Camden coulf be 7-1 or even 8-0. I think the talent, the desire and the toughness is there. The major problem this year is the undersized line. Conditioning beat DL and the CC cubs and has been a major factor in the wins Camden does have. I for one am very proud of the way the team has performed this season. Go Lions.

Edited by wmatlock1

Tyner drilled Howard last night 54-6. I fully expect Loudon (vs Sequoyah) and Hickman County (vs East Hickman) to collect victories tonight. All three of those teams will enter week ten at 4-5 and on the playoff "bubble". In District 11-AA there are two teams in that mix as well (Stewart County & Waverly). Stewart plays Camden and Waverly plays Harpeth. Both of them are going to have to pull off major upsets if they want to be a part of the conversation going into next week.

Yes, Camden could have lost a few more games. The line on both sides of the ball is undersized but they have played hard and have not given up. The offensive is explosive and that has kept Camden in the games. With the exception of Waverly, Camden has not played any game that was won in the first half. It has been 2nd half wins all season. Camden should have lost the MC game. The coach chose to go for the tie instead of the win. That lost him the game. MCs QB had been gaining 4 to 5 yards on every carry up the middle every time he carried the ball. Why try an extra point. Why not go for 2 and the win. As was said earlier, with the eaception of a few key plays Camden could be 2-6 instead of 6-2, true, but with the exception of a few key plays Camden coulf be 7-1 or even 8-0. I think the talent, the desire and the toughness is there. The major problem this year is the undersized line. Conditioning beat DL and the CC cubs and has been a major factor in the wins Camden does have. I for one am very proud of the way the team has performed this season. Go Lions.

Good post,Few Hours from game time.Go Lions!!!!!!!!!!!