CPA - Lipscomb

CPA4Ever

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA totally dominated this game, and without penalties, they would have won 50+-0. Lipscomb did not cross midfield in the 1st half, and had less offense than CPA had penalty yards.

DL got in the red zone once in the 2nd half with a 1st down on about the 10 and ended up going backwards in 4 plays.

CPA had 6 possessions inside Lipscomb's 10 yard line, but only got 2 TD's and 2 FG's due to penalties. Wharton had a long punt return TD called back, and another 50 yard KO return called back or he would have had over 200 yards in returns. he did return one punt for a TD. He is one of the most exciting athletes I have ever seen in HS football. He loses some yards sometimes by trying to make something out of nothing, but it is worth it for the positive plays he makes that no one else would ever make.

CPA's QB sat out the whole 2nd half, but they didn't have to pass, so it didn't matter.

If CPA can eliminate penalties, they will be hard to handle in coming weeks.

Wish it would happen, but don't see 30-6 UNLESS CPA has a 2 TD lead early, and DL has to abandon the run to catch up. This game will be mostly determined by who gets and holds the lead. DL wants to run and run clock, shortening the game, and keeping the score low, like they did with Pearl.

CPA wants to score early and quick, forcing DL to defend everything and abandon the run in the 2nd half.

DL is a better team than most think due to early struggles, but CPA will challenge them offensively more than Pearl did, as Pearl is more one-dimensional.

I still guess CPA 28-14. DL only scored 14 on PC, and I believe CPA's defense is a little better than PC.

Throw in some key penalties, special team plays, turnovers, and all the above goes out the window.

Now how about that prediction I made ;)... Congrats to CPA on the win...

Now how about that prediction I made ;)... Congrats to CPA on the win...

Good prediction, because the "UNLESS" I mentioned happened, but it was even worse than the score because DL has absolutely no passing game, and never could abandon the run even though CPA's defense shut them down.

Gotta give it to ya, Swan, but CPA's defense is better than I thought.

Good prediction, because the "UNLESS" I mentioned happened, but it was even worse than the score because DL has absolutely no passing game, and never could abandon the run even though CPA's defense shut them down.

Gotta give it to ya, Swan, but CPA's defense is better than I thought.

Well I think DL beating Pearl Cohn was a fluke because I think Pearl Cohn has a very good football team. Like I said, no doubt CPA's defense is good, but we'll see just how good they are this week when they play Pearl Cohn in what should be a very good football game...

Well I think DL beating Pearl Cohn was a fluke because I think Pearl Cohn has a very good football team. Like I said, no doubt CPA's defense is good, but we'll see just how good they are this week when they play Pearl Cohn in what should be a very good football game...

I agree. Should be a good game. If CPA wins, they will finish 9-1 and probably be a 4th seed in the quadrant because they lost one game to a top rated 4A school with over 1,000 students. The system ain't right. Oh well, gotta win em all to win it all - so bring em' on.

CPA takes it easily. 27-0. Could have been by a few more if not for penalties. Hope this becomes a great rivalry. Lipscomb has a young team and will be very good in the next years. I like both these schools and enjoy watching them compete against each other.

First of all, let me say the CPA has improved a great deal, and is a very good team. However, as far as the penalties - they (CPA) got away with so many holds and blocks in the back it was ridiculous. The guys in stripes only called a small portion of these that were commited. Would it have changed the game? I don't know. DL is obviously down this year talent-wise, so it may have not changed who won.

CPA also appeared to have several players hurt during the game. I don't how serious their injuries are, but injuries, or the lack thereof, always will factor into successful playoff runs.

Also, I wouldn't assume CPA will beat Pearl-Cohn. Next week should be a very good game between these teams with a great deal on the line. If Pearl-Cohn wins, it looks like they'll share the District Champion with Maplewood and will hold the tiebreaker and the top seed. If CPA wins, then they'll share in the District Championship, but Maplewood will hold the tiebreaker and the top seed.

Edited by sportsnutdad

First of all, let me say the CPA has improved a great deal, and is a very good team. However, as far as the penalties - they (CPA) got away with so many holds and blocks in the back it was ridiculous. The guys in stripes only called a small portion of these that were commited. Would it have changed the game? I don't know. DL is obviously down this year talent-wise, so it may have not changed who won.

CPA also appeared to have several players hurt during the game. I don't how serious their injuries are, but injuries, or the lack thereof, always will factor into successful playoff runs.

Also, I wouldn't assume CPA will beat Pearl-Cohn. Next week should be a very good game between these teams with a great deal on the line. If Pearl-Cohn wins, it looks like they'll share the District Champion with Maplewood and will hold the tiebreaker and the top seed. If CPA wins, then they'll share in the District Championship, but Maplewood will hold the tiebreaker and the top seed.

Either you weren't at the game, or your post is meant tongue in cheek. CPA got away with no-calls??? Are you kidding? CPA would have won 50-0 or worse if it had not been for penalties, and DL chop blocked the whole game. If I didn't have so much respect for DL's school and coaches, I would wonder if they had not been instructed to go for the knees with the chop blocks. Two of CPA starters were injured (hopefully not badly) on chop blocks that were called. After two late shots by DL in the 2nd half (one after a PAT), it got so chippy I believe (not sure) the officials stopped the game and made the coaches huddle up with their players and warn them about dirty play. maybe someone can confirm that.

Plus this game was not won by CPA on offense or blocking. They TOTALLY shut down DL's offense. ABout 30 of DL's 70 total yards was after CPA took out mmany 1st team starters in the 4th quarter.

Either you weren't at the game, or your post is meant tongue in cheek. CPA got away with no-calls??? Are you kidding? CPA would have won 50-0 or worse if it had not been for penalties, and DL chop blocked the whole game. If I didn't have so much respect for DL's school and coaches, I would wonder if they had not been instructed to go for the knees with the chop blocks. Two of CPA starters were injured (hopefully not badly) on chop blocks that were called. After two late shots by DL in the 2nd half (one after a PAT), it got so chippy I believe (not sure) the officials stopped the game and made the coaches huddle up with their players and warn them about dirty play. maybe someone can confirm that.

Plus this game was not won by CPA on offense or blocking. They TOTALLY shut down DL's offense. ABout 30 of DL's 70 total yards was after CPA took out mmany 1st team starters in the 4th quarter.

I agree with you. Sportsnutdad was either not at the game, doesn't understand the rules when watching a game, or had the color of jerseys backwards when watching the game. CPA was called for a dozen penalties to DL's two. DL high lowed (completely illegal) the whole game.

I agree with you. Sportsnutdad was either not at the game, doesn't understand the rules when watching a game, or had the color of jerseys backwards when watching the game. CPA was called for a dozen penalties to DL's two. DL high lowed (completely illegal) the whole game.

Coach Mac would never teach illegal or instruct someone to do anything illegal on the football field. Also being at the game and watching Lipscomb for years I see how one could think that Lipscomb high lowed but they didnt. The highschool rules allow players to cut block out of a 3 point stance as long as its their first movement. Since everyone at Lipscomb except the QB and WR is in a three point stance they can all cut.

Coach Mac would never teach illegal or instruct someone to do anything illegal on the football field. Also being at the game and watching Lipscomb for years I see how one could think that Lipscomb high lowed but they didnt. The highschool rules allow players to cut block out of a 3 point stance as long as its their first movement. Since everyone at Lipscomb except the QB and WR is in a three point stance they can all cut.

let me clarify. I DO NOT think DL coaches coached the kids to dirty play, and i do not know if there was intent by the players, but there were definitely 3 high/low chop blocks that I saw, and two were called. Two CPA players had to leave the game with knee injuries due to this. Hopefully, the injuries are not serious. Also, DL definitely took some cheap shots after the whistle in the 2nd half. Kids were probably frustrated but no excuses. DL has always had a class program and i have been a long time fan of them.