Dobyns-Bennett vs. Volunteer

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of teams would kill to be 11 and 1...including every weak sister in the"Big" 8

"kill" to be 11-1. You might want to cut some of that caffine out. You're one of them "it's not the destination it's the journey" kind of guys aren't you? Go ask Swafford or Hayworth if 11 -1 is good enough or if they want a state title and see what they tell you.

Go ahead and get it out of your system because the clock is ticking. 3 weeks and it will all be over.

I'm going to go ahead and predict we make it to the 3rd round this year. That's when we will travel West to take on the mighty Rebels of Maryville. After that, who knows? Been there and done that!!!! Just hoping the coaches don't go brain dead when the playoffs start. Chances of bringing home a gold ball are definately heading in our favor because it has been so long. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as far as three weeks and it's all over, that's a lot better than two weeks. :roflol:

"kill" to be 11-1. You might want to cut some of that caffine out. You're one of them "it's not the destination it's the journey" kind of guys aren't you? Go ask Swafford or Hayworth if 11 -1 is good enough or if they want a state title and see what they tell you.

Read what was actually was said....I never said WE were happy to be 11-1 only that the Wannabes would all kill to be 11-1.......C'mon get rid of your Spin Doctors and respond only to what was actually said!!!

Edited by LGVol

I can tell you that they do want to win a state title. The only thing is, they don't know how. I was at the Farragut game at the beginning of the season with one of my buddies that won 3 state titles at Maryville and during one of the rain delays our (DB) players were just hanging out in the locker room. My buddy told me that that would never happen in a Maryville locker room. That's why they're the best. Everyone makes a big deal out of DB's playoff track record, and rightfully so, but learning how to win a championship has to start somewhere and why not now? DB's best chance to win in the playoffs is either this year or next. (And I know it's not the playoffs yet Waco but since they've already clinched and play the Foul Coons this week, I say let's go ahead and talk about it.)

I can tell you that they do want to win a state title. The only thing is, they don't know how. I was at the Farragut game at the beginning of the season with one of my buddies that won 3 state titles at Maryville and during one of the rain delays our (DB) players were just hanging out in the locker room. My buddy told me that that would never happen in a Maryville locker room. That's why they're the best. Everyone makes a big deal out of DB's playoff track record, and rightfully so, but learning how to win a championship has to start somewhere and why not now? DB's best chance to win in the playoffs is either this year or next. (And I know it's not the playoffs yet Waco but since they've already clinched and play the Foul Coons this week, I say let's go ahead and talk about it.)

DB has little chance of going past the second round of the play offs this year. The Reason? They can't keep their heads in the game for more than two quarters and they make way to many mistakes. The only reason we are undefeated is because everybody we have played sucks, with the exception of Farragut and Sevier Co. Its a mute point anyway because Maryville is 30 points better than anybody. When you get in the playoffs there is only one winner. You are probably right in what you say about Maryville and what they would of been doing in the rain delay. Nothing they do is very complicated. Its all simple stuff. It's amazing to me that no other coach has tried to do the same. It's like the think Maryville has a patton on the process.

DB has little chance of going past the second round of the play offs this year. The Reason? They can't keep their heads in the game for more than two quarters and they make way to many mistakes. The only reason we are undefeated is because everybody we have played sucks, with the exception of Farragut and Sevier Co. Its a mute point anyway because Maryville is 30 points better than anybody. When you get in the playoffs there is only one winner. You are probably right in what you say about Maryville and what they would of been doing in the rain delay. Nothing they do is very complicated. Its all simple stuff. It's amazing to me that no other coach has tried to do the same. It's like the think Maryville has a patton on the process.

Giving up already? I never took you for a quitter Waco.

You're right about making too many mistakes but do you think the reason they can't keep their heads in the game for more than two quarters is because the starters are pulled at halftime? In the games where the starters have played the whole game, they've won. I agree that everyone else we play sucks but there's nothing DB can do about that. Nothing good comes out of only having 3 meaningful games on the schedule until the playoffs. And you're right about Maryville. Every other coach seems to think Maryville's secret is locked up tighter than the Bush's Baked Beans recipe.

You're right about making too many mistakes but do you think the reason they can't keep their heads in the game for more than two quarters is because the starters are pulled at halftime? In the games where the starters have played the whole game, they've won. I agree that everyone else we play sucks but there's nothing DB can do about that. Nothing good comes out of only having 3 meaningful games on the schedule until the playoffs. And you're right about Maryville. Every other coach seems to think Maryville's secret is locked up tighter than the Bush's Baked Beans recipe.

Just look back at the Tennessee High game. The starters played well in the first half of the first quarter then layed down until the third quarter. That was the starters. Thats has happened in several games this year. Thats what im talking about.