Dobyns-Bennett vs. Volunteer

WaCoJaCo

I've heard we were going to lose most of the great skill players from Sevier middle to North for next year.I hope that's incorrect.That would start putting DB on a path that Central has taken.It would put North however on a path with them possibly dropping to 2A in a couple of years,to becoming an Alcoa type of team.This could be the turning point for the future of the Tribe if DB starts lossing it's very best athletes.Not good news for the Tribe ,but a very big wakeup call for the program.

batman what you heard is correct, i will repeat what you heard is correct, i just hope they dont follow through with it, i talk to one of the kids granfather at the sevier robinson game, and ask him point blank and his answer was he thinks they will be more appreciated at north, also his grandson is north leading rusher, his little brother at sevier is a horse already bigger than his brother who is a junior, another kid at sevier who is a stud running back grandmother lives right across the street from me i havent got a chance to talk to her, so before you guys start bashing batman you might want to listen to him he is spot on,let me break it down for you if you had a son and he didnt get any playing time at db what do you think the chances are his brother goes there, im a db fan 100 % but it aint all rosey, no program in football or basketball in the state of tn that this doesnt happen to, as cap1 would say "staight no chaser"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

batman what you heard is correct, i will repeat what you heard is correct, i just hope they dont follow through with it, i talk to one of the kids granfather at the sevier robinson game, and ask him point blank and his answer was he thinks they will be more appreciated at north, also his grandson is north leading rusher, his little brother at sevier is a horse already bigger than his brother who is a junior, another kid at sevier who is a stud running back grandmother lives right across the street from me i havent got a chance to talk to her, so before you guys start bashing batman you might want to listen to him he is spot on,let me break it down for you if you had a son and he didnt get any playing time at db what do you think the chances are his brother goes there, im a db fan 100 % but it aint all rosey, no program in football or basketball in the state of tn that this doesnt happen to, as cap1 would say "staight no chaser"

This is old news. I don't know if the Sevier player would start at DB or not. Maybe, maybe not. At this point I would guess he would. I do know this though. The North running back would not beat out Swafford or Barger for a starting spot. No way. If anyones parents want to send their son to another school to get him more playing time then thats ok. Just call it that and don't whine about the DB coaching staff. I have never known of a player at DB that was the "best" player and had to sit on the bench while a lesser player got the start. By best I mean, does his part in practice supports the team and performs well on the field. I would hope the player stays in the system at DB.

Just wondering dbfanforlife, do you agree with Batman that North is the next Alcoa type team and DB will soon be like Sullivan Central??

It might not sound so bad when your talking about three or four players,but every good athlete adds up down the road.You take three or four of our best on this years team and it could be huge.You can take just one of our best athletes and it makes a pretty big difference.When CS was hurt in the second half of the Mcminn game ? I'm not saying we will become Central,but if we lose these guys,it will be on the path that has got Central where they are.A wakeup call is just that.A chance to right the ship before we keep sailing into the same rocks.We are loaded without these guys,but I'd rather have them with us and not lose more top players with them.

It might not sound so bad when your talking about three or four players,but every good athlete adds up down the road.You take three or four of our best on this years team and it could be huge.You can take just one of our best athletes and it makes a pretty big difference.When CS was hurt in the second half of the Mcminn game ? I'm not saying we will become Central,but if we lose these guys,it will be on the path that has got Central where they are.A wakeup call is just that.A chance to right the ship before we keep sailing into the same rocks.We are loaded without these guys,but I'd rather have them with us and not lose more top players with them.

So what do you propose. Force them to stay at DB? There is nothing you can do to convence some parents that being second or third string at DB is better than being a starter at South or North. Funny how it works. We have players that leave other schools were they would of been starters and come to DB and we have players that leave DB where they were not going to be starters to start on some other team. Does that tell you something? All of this is nothing new.

So what do you propose. Force them to stay at DB? There is nothing you can do to convence some parents that being second or third string at DB is better than being a starter at South or North. Funny how it works. We have players that leave other schools were they would of been starters and come to DB and we have players that leave DB where they were not going to be starters to start on some other team. Does that tell you something? All of this is nothing new.

Is the problem not enough Athletes or developing the players you have. Seems to me the biggest problem lies on the defensive side of the ball. Your defense looks great against the weaker teams around here because you are able to blitz them to death,but when you match up against equal talent you get 35 or 40 scored on you.

This is old news. I don't know if the Sevier player would start at DB or not. Maybe, maybe not. At this point I would guess he would. I do know this though. The North running back would not beat out Swafford or Barger for a starting spot. No way. If anyones parents want to send their son to another school to get him more playing time then thats ok. Just call it that and don't whine about the DB coaching staff. I have never known of a player at DB that was the "best" player and had to sit on the bench while a lesser player got the start. By best I mean, does his part in practice supports the team and performs well on the field. I would hope the player stays in the system at DB.

Just wondering dbfanforlife, do you agree with Batman that North is the next Alcoa type team and DB will soon be like Sullivan Central??

hey waco for north to be like alcoa you have to get the top players from sevier robinson and a few transfers, alcoa is steep in tradition going back before albert davis, so to answer your question no, db will continue to get good players, what these parents and kids dont relize is the north community is going have some say so, dont think for a minute all these kids are going to play at north, not gonna happen wait and see, some would like to go to south but their not gonna play for that rebel flag, why do you think ole miss got rid of it, it hurt their recruiting,if you had a kid who could play where would you send him, where they eat steak or bologna?

Is the problem not enough Athletes or developing the players you have. Seems to me the biggest problem lies on the defensive side of the ball. Your defense looks great against the weaker teams around here because you are able to blitz them to death,but when you match up against equal talent you get 35 or 40 scored on you.

hey tossweep get back with us in three weeks, we will see what happens, yeah sevier county lit us up, not making excuses but we had some key players out, what people have to understand is this is a totaly different defense so you cant realy simulate game speed in practice, i think they are improving each game, science hill will be a good test, i will say this science hill will win their first round playoff game

hey waco for north to be like alcoa you have to get the top players from sevier robinson and a few transfers, alcoa is steep in tradition going back before albert davis, so to answer your question no, db will continue to get good players, what these parents and kids dont relize is the north community is going have some say so, dont think for a minute all these kids are going to play at north, not gonna happen wait and see, some would like to go to south but their not gonna play for that rebel flag, why do you think ole miss got rid of it, it hurt their recruiting,if you had a kid who could play where would you send him, where they eat steak or bologna?

You would have to take all the best players from DB and Science Hill to make North a "Alcoa type team". We had this discussion a couple years ago when the South fans started crowing that alot of players were going to transfer from DB to South. See how thats played out don't you. This is no different. Kids transfer from school to school for alot of different reasons every year. You win some and you lose some. We might lose the running back to North and we might win one from Georgia. It'll all work out.