DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

I have to agree with "smoke" and others it was a poorly officiated game. Ezell's Jenkins flopped 4 times with barely any contact, and DCA was called for fouls each of those times. DCA was called for more fouls then Ezell until the last couple of minutes when Ezell stared intentially fouling. DCA had a player foul out just like Ezell did. You are righ again "smoke" Ezell was carrying the ball all night with nothing called. Come to think of it the refs probably did cost DCA 20 point. DCA should have won by 40. I'm pretty sure fairplaybyall is either the Ezell parent/fan that got thrown out of the gym last month at DCA or one of the blind officials that were calling that game.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with "smoke" and others it was a poorly officiated game. Ezell's Jenkins flopped 4 times with barely any contact, and DCA was called for fouls each of those times. DCA was called for more fouls then Ezell until the last couple of minutes when Ezell stared intentially fouling. DCA had a player foul out just like Ezell did. You are righ again "smoke" Ezell was carrying the ball all night with nothing called. Come to think of it the refs probably did cost DCA 20 point. DCA should have won by 40. I'm pretty sure fairplaybyall is either the Ezell parent/fan that got thrown out of the gym last month at DCA or one of the blind officials that were calling that game.

I wasn't at the game, but apparently a lot of differing opinions on Curly, Larry, and Moe. Bottom line............DCA won, Ezell lost..........let's all move on.

DCA vs. USN who do you got? Will be a good matchup on Friday night. I'd say USN would be the favorite, but apparently DCA is hot. Home substate game up for grabs. Hopefully, officiating will not be part of the discussion, and maybe FairPlaybyall can give us his expert analysis.

I wasn't at the game, but apparently a lot of differing opinions on Curly, Larry, and Moe. Bottom line............DCA won, Ezell lost..........let's all move on.

DCA vs. USN who do you got? Will be a good matchup on Friday night. I'd say USN would be the favorite, but apparently DCA is hot. Home substate game up for grabs. Hopefully, officiating will not be part of the discussion, and maybe FairPlaybyall can give us his expert analysis.

I would have to agree USN should be a slight favorite, but if DCA is playing well they will have a good shot to win. Do you know if the USN vs Webb score from a couple of weeks ago is correct (USN 25 Webb school 82)? If that score is correct there has to be some kind of story behind that game.

I'm sure fairplaybyall will not be as interested since HIS Ezell Eagles wont be playing.

I would have to agree USN should be a slight favorite, but if DCA is playing well they will have a good shot to win. Do you know if the USN vs Webb score from a couple of weeks ago is correct (USN 25 Webb school 82)? If that score is correct there has to be some kind of story behind that game.

I'm sure fairplaybyall will not be as interested since HIS Ezell Eagles wont be playing.

I think that score is backwards.

I think that score is backwards.

You are right Asitis, the score was the other way around. It will be a good game for USN since they have reinstated Hodge for basketball following his brief departure from the school the past few months. The powerhouse of 3 good shooting guards and the height that USN has to offer will give the DCA players more then its share of problems. DCA will have a hard time matching up with Hodge, Nash and their old playing partner Welch (who transferred from DCA). I see USN and FRA in the finals.

I appreciate the comments from the recent post the past few days, I have to agree that the officiating has gotten pretty bad or basically nonexistant in the games that I've seen this year to the point that it does affect the outcome of many games. I think its a good idea for the TSSAA to look at how they can make it better. The current process is broken and needs fixing before next year. The game has gotten to fast for the officials as well as the fans (who do most of the screaming at the officials) and don't know much about the game.

"The game would be better played if you let both teams on the floor, with 3 officials, cheerleaders, scorers, clock operators, and lock the doors and let them play", keep the parents out and the players would enjoy the game much better. Sometimes people forget, it's only a "game".

I see a big win by USN and a close game from the Knox Webb and FRA game. Go Tigers

Scores from the West District Tournament:

Harding defeats USJ 79-78 (OT)

St. George's defeats Tipton Rosemark 68-65

Lausanne defeats Bishop Byrne 73-36

ECS defeats Fayette 53-44

Semifinal games on Saturday at USJ:

ECS vs. St. George's

Lausanne vs. Harding

Congratulations to John Ross Glover - dropping in 41 in his final high school game. Best wishes at Lipscomb!!

You are right Asitis, the score was the other way around. It will be a good game for USN since they have reinstated Hodge for basketball following his brief departure from the school the past few months. The powerhouse of 3 good shooting guards and the height that USN has to offer will give the DCA players more then its share of problems. DCA will have a hard time matching up with Hodge, Nash and their old playing partner Welch (who transferred from DCA). I see USN and FRA in the finals.

I appreciate the comments from the recent post the past few days, I have to agree that the officiating has gotten pretty bad or basically nonexistant in the games that I've seen this year to the point that it does affect the outcome of many games. I think its a good idea for the TSSAA to look at how they can make it better. The current process is broken and needs fixing before next year. The game has gotten to fast for the officials as well as the fans (who do most of the screaming at the officials) and don't know much about the game.

"The game would be better played if you let both teams on the floor, with 3 officials, cheerleaders, scorers, clock operators, and lock the doors and let them play", keep the parents out and the players would enjoy the game much better. Sometimes people forget, it's only a "game".

I see a big win by USN and a close game from the Knox Webb and FRA game. Go Tigers

You were right about the Know Web FRA game, it was FRA with the win in OT. I didn't see it , but understand the score was 8 to 4 at the half.

In the other game it was DCA with the big win. DCA led wire to wire. They were up by 11 at the end of the first. USN cut it to nine a couple of times, but it was DCA with a 12 to 16 point lead almost the whole way. The final was DCA 57 USN 47.

Hopefully we will have a good final between DCA and FRA tonight.