DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

Coach Farmer,

Congrats on your comeback win. From what I heard, you were very lucky to get the W.

Lucky to win, unlucky to lose, the Ezell boys were due a "V" from DCA in the close ones they lost last year. Despite the great shot from Wolfe to tie in OT Coach Farmer is credited with the "v". My congrats to the Ezell team for breaking the streak vs DCA. Was great game played with a lot of emotions...and in the end with the exception of the late ejection...all the players seemed to have mutual admiration for one another and left proud that they all had done the best they could for their teams. That's what HS basketball should be all about.

But like I say...if you look at what you have done yesterday was something good...it means you have not done anything good today.

Go Eagles!

Gman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best games I've seen in a while. Great, great atmosphere on both sides. Hate one had to lose. Great coaching on both sides too. Go Ezell!

Coach Farmer,

Can't call it great coaching from what is going around the rumor mill. Supposedly DCA lacked the intelligence to hold the ball in the final minutes and let you guys slip back in. Also heard about a little rumble in OT and finally your post player making a fool of himself after the game in front of the DCA student section. Yeah, definately not great coaching on either side and I wonder how EZELL will handle the little debacle after the game.

Keeping it REAL!

E.N.S

On a side note;

Anybody catch the story in the paper the other day about MBA? Shameful!?! :thumb:

Coach Farmer,

Can't call it great coaching from what is going around the rumor mill. Supposedly DCA lacked the intelligence to hold the ball in the final minutes and let you guys slip back in. Also heard about a little rumble in OT and finally your post player making a fool of himself after the game in front of the DCA student section. Yeah, definately not great coaching on either side and I wonder how EZELL will handle the little debacle after the game.

Keeping it REAL!

E.N.S

On a side note;

Anybody catch the story in the paper the other day about MBA? Shameful!?! :thumb:

Coach Bowers,

Where you at the game? Since you know so much about it.

Again great atmosphere and coaching.

Does anyone know the matchups that are scheduled for tonight?

West:

Rossville @ USJ

Tipton Rosemark @ Fayette Academy

Bishop Byrne @ Lausanne

ECS @ FACS

Memphis Catholic @ Harding

E/M (I don't guarantee accuracy on this side):

St. Andrews @ Ezell

Riverside Christian @ USN

Davidson @ Zion Christian

Feel free to fix what I posted or add to it

West:

Rossville @ USJ

Tipton Rosemark @ Fayette Academy

Bishop Byrne @ Lausanne

ECS @ FACS

Memphis Catholic @ Harding

E/M (I don't guarantee accuracy on this side):

St. Andrews @ Ezell

Riverside Christian @ USN

Davidson @ Zion Christian

Feel free to fix what I posted or add to it

Does any other teams play tonight? and i have not seen much on lausanne. Would like to see them matchup with USJ or St. George

Does any other teams play tonight? and i have not seen much on lausanne. Would like to see them matchup with USJ or St. George

That's all I show in the west. We are split in to 2 districts. As far as I can tell Lausanne would not meet either USJ nor St. George until Region tournament. I don't show them playing during regular season are not in the same district. I know USJ doesn't play them.

After the first round through the district how are things shaping up across the state in both regions?

What I could find was the following:

West District 1:

Lausanne 6-0 (beat everybody once, FACS and ECS on the road)

Harding 5-1 (Lost to Lausanne @ Lausanne, beat ECS and FACS on the road)

ECS 4-2 (Beat FACS on the road, lost both @ home)

FACS 3-3 (Lost all 3 @ home)

Bishop Byrne 2-4 (only beat SBEC and Catholic)

SBEC 1-5 (only beat Catholic)

Catholic 0-6 (not really in any game so far)

West District 2:

St. George 4-1 (Lost to FA on the road)

USJ 4-1 (Lost to SG on the road)

Fayette Academy 4-1 (lost to USJ on the road)

JCS 2-3 (only beat TRA and RC, lost to USJ/SG @ home)

Tipton Rosemark 1-4 (only beat RC)

Rossville Christian 0-5 (lost all by 20+)

East/Middle: (This is based on what I found on multiple sites, but don't know if it's accurate?)

Ezell-Harding 7-1

FRA 6-0

KWebb 5-1

USN 5-1

Mount Juliet Christian 4-2

DCA 3-4

Webb School 3-5

St. Andrew's 2-5

Davidson 2-3

Riverside Christian 1-3

Zion Christian 1-6

King's Academy 0-5

Maybe someone can fix the E/M standings I listed above? Not a lot of info down our way.