DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

With basketball season less than a month away, it would be really awesome to have some posts this year that would center around encouraging the players and not bringing them down. I hear all the time from a lot parents who really like this rather than the tearing down a player or even another parent. I think a lot of good folks don't post on Coach T because of all the negativity. Step out and post something good about someone whenever you get a chance. Anyone willing to give it a try? Maybe rather than just pointing out the good in our own favorite players we should equally point out the good in the players that they play against. I say let's do it! Coming up next for the Gman...scouting reports from the summer and fall.

Keep it cool and let me hear from you about this idea.

Peace and love,

Gman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With basketball season less than a month away, it would be really awesome to have some posts this year that would center around encouraging the players and not bringing them down. I hear all the time from a lot parents who really like this rather than the tearing down a player or even another parent. I think a lot of good folks don't post on Coach T because of all the negativity. Step out and post something good about someone whenever you get a chance. Anyone willing to give it a try? Maybe rather than just pointing out the good in our own favorite players we should equally point out the good in the players that they play against. I say let's do it! Coming up next for the Gman...scouting reports from the summer and fall.

Keep it cool and let me hear from you about this idea.

Peace and love,

Gman

Couldn't agree more!! So looking forward to the season starting! Any ideas of who looks strong this year?

Couldn't agree more!! So looking forward to the season starting! Any ideas of who looks strong this year?

As promised here are some early accomplishments for some of the DII-A players from the TN Prep Sports league that is playing at CPA on Saturday mornings. Rob Marberry is just a Sophomore coming off a successful summer campaign playing up and reports about Josh Erickson is that he has been impressing everyone with his quickness and shooting.

Here are the scoring leaders for the Fall League after three games.

Tennessee Prep Hoops Nashville Fall League Scoring Leaders

* Plays on a DII-A Division Team

(Minimum of 2 Games)

Craig Bradshaw (CPA) 33.0

Rob Marberry (FRA) 23.7 *

Josh Erickson (DCA) 22.5 *

Thomas Kaiser (MBA) 19.5

Ben Williams (White's Creek) 18.7

Donya Burnette (Riverdale) 18.0

Billy Hughes (Hunter's Lane) 17.7

Caymon Dial (LaVergne) 17.5

Brad McClung (Station Camp) 17.3

Parker Howell (CPA) 17.0

Kessler Bell (FRA) 16.3 *

Jacob Saunders (Cheatham County) 16.3

Easton Cline (Station Camp) 15.7

Asa Duvall (Brentwood) 15.7

Cameron Gordon (Shelbyville) 15.7

Caleb Chowbay (Mt. Juliet) 15.3

Austin Gee (Ezell-Harding) 15.0 *

Christian Haile (Shelbyville) 14.3

Jordan Bedwell (White House-Heritage) 13.0

Connor Brandon (Wilson Central) 13.0

Austin Dole (Harpeth) 13.0

Joshua Joy (DCA) 12.7 *

Coleman Spann (CPA) 12.7

Jack Montague (Brentwood) 12.5

Jeffrey Long (Hendersonville) 12.0

Kyle Weldon (Rossview) 12.0

The Futures 150 Camp came to Nashville and out of it came mention of a trio of FRA players. Class of 2014 Rob Marberry and Class of 2013 Kessler Bell and Chance Bouldin. This bodes well for an FRA team that is loaded with height and apparently noteworthy skills. While I can say we had the privilege of playing against them we have also had the privilege of playing with them and consider them the "Best of their Class!" both on and off the court.

http://www.future150camps.com/index.php/component/content/article/3-news/45-2011-nash-vegas-recap

Man i couldn't agree more! i look forward to watching these boys grow into better Bball players and more importantly better men. Men that we can be proud to say "we knew them when..." I'll comment on the boys i know on the CPA list above that are in DII-A.

OK, so Josh Erickson is just showin off! I watched him play a game this fall and wondered what he was on-and where I could get some. Kid's gonna be hard to control if he get in a zone.

Austin Gee is a playmaker,,plain and simplejack simple!!. I like the maturity he brings to the court even as a sophomore. he'll get lose and then its game on! Great kid, Great family values that show through. My prediction is he'll average north of 16 per game with double digit assists all the while keeping his squad focused.

Can you say triple threat? Rob Marberry, Kessler Bell, Chance Bouldin. When's the last time we got to watch three kids all over 6'4" on the same team and all with an above average Bball IQ?

Kess Bell will get his, bet dat! get him the ball on the low end and watch him work. Work Kess work.

Chance Bouldin is the kid that scares the wee wee out of an opposing coach. You just don't know how to play against him. Big or small, he can posterize an opponent.

15 year old Sophomore Big Rob Marberry will have a few eyes on him this year. Word on the street is he's already being courted pretty hard. Kid just goes all ham down low with thunderous dunks and mean blocks. At 6'7" and a scrapper, he continues to grow into what we want to watch on Saturday.

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

Man i couldn't agree more! i look forward to watching these boys grow into better Bball players and more importantly better men. Men that we can be proud to say "we knew them when..." I'll comment on the boys i know on the CPA list above that are in DII-A.

OK, so Josh Erickson is just showin off! I watched him play a game this fall and wondered what he was on-and where I could get some. Kid's gonna be hard to control if he get in a zone.

Austin Gee is a playmaker,,plain and simplejack simple!!. I like the maturity he brings to the court even as a sophomore. he'll get lose and then its game on! Great kid, Great family values that show through. My prediction is he'll average north of 16 per game with double digit assists all the while keeping his squad focused.

Can you say triple threat? Rob Marberry, Kessler Bell, Chance Bouldin. When's the last time we got to watch three kids all over 6'4" on the same team and all with an above average Bball IQ?

Kess Bell will get his, bet dat! get him the ball on the low end and watch him work. Work Kess work.

Chance Bouldin is the kid that scares the wee wee out of an opposing coach. You just don't know how to play against him. Big or small, he can posterize an opponent.

15 year old Sophomore Big Rob Marberry will have a few eyes on him this year. Word on the street is he's already being courted pretty hard. Kid just goes all ham down low with thunderous dunks and mean blocks. At 6'7" and a scrapper, he continues to grow into what we want to watch on Saturday.

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

Well I would really love it if Austin Gee was just a sophomore...but he is in the Class of 2013 as well as Chance and Kessler so Austin is a Junior with only two more years of high school for his dad to watch him. Well we would love to see Boy Howdy's prediction come true but 10 assists a game is a lofty goal for any point guard...but I think you may be right...he'll certainly be counted on this year along with seniors Zach Jenkins and Corey Teague to bring leadership on a team that lost 3 key seniors last year.

Why would you stop at triple threat for FRA? Do those guys have anyone on the team less than 6 ft? Not to put too much pressure on the FRA kids but I think the division is theirs to win or lose. But watch out for the West ... they play a little more up tempo than we in the Mid/East do.

gman

The fall leagues are really not something you can put alot of faith in based on the fact there is no defense played at all. Erickson will not produce like that at DCA because the coach is not very high on him and they play a slow down half court game. Good player, but wont put up huge numbers. Marberry is the best player at FRA, Bell can be lazy and slow where as Marberry can bring it inside and out. FRA should be one of the top teams but will struggle against teams with good guard play due to the graduation of their PG. Gee (Geeman son) is a good floor general but will not average16 ppg and 10 apg. I say he will get double figure scroing but no way he can get that many assists with all they lost from last year. I see Ezell basketball looking alot like their football season. They will beat up on weaker teams, lose to the mid level teams and get blown out by the upper tier. A team that people should look out for will be Knoxville Webb. They have a great coach and a good group coming back from last year. Add to that group a strong freshman and they could be one of the top teams.

The fall leagues are really not something you can put alot of faith in based on the fact there is no defense played at all. Erickson will not produce like that at DCA because the coach is not very high on him and they play a slow down half court game. Good player, but wont put up huge numbers. Marberry is the best player at FRA, Bell can be lazy and slow where as Marberry can bring it inside and out. FRA should be one of the top teams but will struggle against teams with good guard play due to the graduation of their PG. Gee (Geeman son) is a good floor general but will not average16 ppg and 10 apg. I say he will get double figure scroing but no way he can get that many assists with all they lost from last year. I see Ezell basketball looking alot like their football season. They will beat up on weaker teams, lose to the mid level teams and get blown out by the upper tier. A team that people should look out for will be Knoxville Webb. They have a great coach and a good group coming back from last year. Add to that group a strong freshman and they could be one of the top teams.

LOL 8 Posts

Thanks Wareagle...I knew it wouldn't last. You can't fault Erickson for the way the coach plays the game but I can tell you he hit some key shots in DCA's victories over Ezell last year. As for Kessler, an easy pick for the State All Tournament Team last year and a fine young man who has gone through plenty of adversity. Believe me he deserves better comments from the gallery. Your comments on Ezell could be true...guess we'll have to wait until the season begins...but it is a pretty much true statement about DII-A. There are a few very weak teams, a few very strong teams, and a few middle of the road teams. Unfortunately you have to play them all...and until you do...you just don't know where or what type of team you are. But not too long now before we begin to find out.

gman

Does anyone have any insight on the teams from the West? I noticed this entire thread has shifted to the East/Middle teams.

Buschman, we'd love to hear about some of the guys and teams from the West! Truth is we are just more talkative east of the Tennessee River. As for me I just don't know much about those guys. It is ashame that there is not a lot of playing between the schools during the regular season. All I know is I am glad the "Stud" Kasper graduated from the ECS team, we had about 31 pts too much of him last year. Seemed like they had several young tall kids who remained on the team. USJ has their "All State MVP" return John Ross Glover who had two monster dunks over my 5'8" son in which one landed in the paper...lol. They lost an all state point guard. And then I did watch Lausanne play at the Belmont camp..they were very athletic, used a lot of players, and seemed very quick and strong. So there my quick and dirty on everything I know about the west. Let's see if some of you lookers from the West will talk a little. :D

Buschman, we'd love to hear about some of the guys and teams from the West! Truth is we are just more talkative east of the Tennessee River. As for me I just don't know much about those guys. It is ashame that there is not a lot of playing between the schools during the regular season. All I know is I am glad the "Stud" Kasper graduated from the ECS team, we had about 31 pts too much of him last year. Seemed like they had several young tall kids who remained on the team. USJ has their "All State MVP" return John Ross Glover who had two monster dunks over my 5'8" son in which one landed in the paper...lol. They lost an all state point guard. And then I did watch Lausanne play at the Belmont camp..they were very athletic, used a lot of players, and seemed very quick and strong. So there my quick and dirty on everything I know about the west. Let's see if some of you lookers from the West will talk a little. :D

John Ross Glover vs Austin Gee Picture 28

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=DQ&Dato=20110226&Kategori=PHOTOGALLERIES02&Lopenr=102260804&Ref=PH