DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USN takes on FRA tonight. Any thoughts on this matchup?

I was at this game. FRA by 32 or so. USN never had a chance. FRA was excellent on both sides of the ball. Everything clicking. USN is obviously struggling without Hodge, but I am not sure he would have made that big a difference tonight. Judging by tonight and the quality of their other wins FRA is the top team in the region and one of the better teams in the area. I'm curious how they stack up against the West.

I was at this game. FRA by 32 or so. USN never had a chance. FRA was excellent on both sides of the ball. Everything clicking. USN is obviously struggling without Hodge, but I am not sure he would have made that big a difference tonight. Judging by tonight and the quality of their other wins FRA is the top team in the region and one of the better teams in the area. I'm curious how they stack up against the West.

Well Bo Dawgs if you put it that way that question is gonna be pretty easy...they are gonna stack up pretty well I think.

Marberry 6' 6"

Bouldin 6' 4"

Cannon 6' 3"

Bell 6' 3"

Bryant 5' 8"

31 Ft Tall

They should stack up just fine!

Well Bo Dawgs if you put it that way that question is gonna be pretty easy...they are gonna stack up pretty well I think.

Marberry 6' 6"

Bouldin 6' 4"

Cannon 6' 3"

Bell 6' 3"

Bryant 5' 8"

31 Ft Tall

They seem to have a couple of nice additions in number 3 and 23.

They seem to have a couple of nice additions in number 3 and 23.

#3 is Dalton Ponchilia - a Junior. He played last year and is a strong 6th man. When his shot is dropping, he can be dangerous.

#23 is Tori Smith - a Sophomore. He played JV last year with very little varsity play, but has come on extremely strong this year as point guard.

Both of these players can be lock-down defenders too.

#3 is Dalton Ponchilia - a Junior. He played last year and is a strong 6th man. When his shot is dropping, he can be dangerous.

#23 is Tori Smith - a Sophomore. He played JV last year with very little varsity play, but has come on extremely strong this year as point guard.

Both of these players can be lock-down defenders too.

Gotha Boogie Woogie Man!!! Just trying to get the senior a little props for the season. If what you say is true...those two guys will have next year to shine as well.

Gotha Boogie Woogie Man!!! Just trying to get the senior a little props for the season. If what you say is true...those two guys will have next year to shine as well.

Yes. But let's not forget Ted Bryant, the Senior starting point guard for FRA. He had large shoes to fill after Connor Maitland graduated last year, but is doing a FINE job! What is somewhat unexpected is his tight defense - he's having a great season so far.

Marberry 6' 6"

Bouldin 6' 4"

Cannon 6' 3"

Bell 6' 3"

Bryant 5' 8"

31 Ft Tall

I'll update the numbers a little bit since these boys have GROWN!

Marberry 6'7"

Bouldin 6'5"

Bell 6'4"

Glad I don't have to feed them all!!

Saw the USN vs Ezell game last night with USN winning by 7 or so. This is probably the worst I have seen Ezell play. Didn't play with any intensity nor seemed to have any energy. But have to give it up for the play of the point guard no. 13 Nash. This kid can play. Noticed they didn't have Hodge. Heard he has been suspended. Good luck to both teams as they continue on.

Coach Farmer, we played USN at the beginning of December and the Nash kid deserves all the recognition he can get. He led all scorers in that game and outplayed everyone on the floor. Hodge was playing in that game but I was not impressed with what I saw with him. Seems to be more about himself then the rest of his team and was forcing alot of shots. But from what Ive seen and heard about, it looks like FRA should win their region and has a very good shot of winning it all with everyone returning from last years team escept their pg. With the way our season is going it is hard to get excited about anything, the only thing we have going for us is the possibility of our head coach losing his job and getting a fresh start next year!

At times USJ looks like a TEAM!

FA just couldn't hit the outside shot at all. FA and USJ will be a part of that first weekend in March. That is my prediction.

USJ loses @ St. George's Friday night 63-50. The two guards for SG shot lights out again and USJ did not shoot well at all. Never seem to get it going in that gym in the last few years.

My heart goes out to John Ross. They made it clear from the start that he was not going to be allowed to play in that game. 2 fouls in the first quarter and 4 by half. Sat most of the game before returning in the 4th and being eliminated almost immediately upon returning. Seemed pretty deliberate to me and was laughable to say the least. Maybe 1 foul in the first quarter but the other 4 calls made the intentions pretty obvious. For a kid that works so hard and rarely gets in foul trouble, I felt for him.

Hats off to the two kids from SG who couldn't miss and to the ref who felt it appropriate to act out Glover's last foul @ mid-court during the ensuing time-out while obviously trying to justify his call, you only made yourself look worse. Acting out something that didn't happen will not change what people actually saw.

This loss should make this team more determined.

Through venting

Coach Farmer, we played USN at the beginning of December and the Nash kid deserves all the recognition he can get. He led all scorers in that game and outplayed everyone on the floor. Hodge was playing in that game but I was not impressed with what I saw with him. Seems to be more about himself then the rest of his team and was forcing alot of shots. But from what Ive seen and heard about, it looks like FRA should win their region and has a very good shot of winning it all with everyone returning from last years team escept their pg. With the way our season is going it is hard to get excited about anything, the only thing we have going for us is the possibility of our head coach losing his job and getting a fresh start next year!

I'm not coach Farmer. But thanks for the compliment. I also agree FRA is the team to beat. But as in any sport it will be decided on the court. Good luck to all the teams. Hope they stay injury free.