DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should win Mr. Basketball again. He dropped in 36 last night.

Dropping 36 on a jr. pro team doesn't win you Mr. Basketball. Glover is a good kid and a pretty good ball player but lets be honest, Kaspar from ECS was hands down the best player last year. What are his stats when it comes to assists, steals, rebounds, turnovers etc... I know he puts up huge numbers scoring wise and would imagine he puts up decent rebounding numbers. I'm just not sure he is the best in DII-A.

Last year the decision on Mr. Basketball was a bit questionable I will say. But if he keeps up what he has been doing, he will be in the race again.

The question is who will they beat, not who have they beat. They're short on players right now but should do well when they get everyone back.

Wow sounds like they are loaded up. I remember a 69-68 loss that ended their year. Just sayin.

Wow sounds like they are loaded up. I remember a 69-68 loss that ended their year. Just sayin.

They will be fine as I'm sure Ezell will be as well. I think a lot of time we get caught up in the mind set of picturing last years team, in that setting, without the Seniors lost this year. As you know, that's not the case at all if you half way understand what I'm trying to say? New year, new opponents, some different kids. As with Ezell, USJ would not have done well last year without everybody they had but you can't really look at it that way.

USJ is playing only 5 or 6 right now mainly because that's all they have. 3 starters only, but 2 of the other 3 will see playing time when everybody gets back. Missing our point (which shows tremendously) and another presence inside (which shows tremendously). That should be fixed now and give em a couple of weeks together and things will be fine. Wins over Madison and MEHA (I think), but surprisingly only lost to Munford by 6 and Brighton by 5. Not sure about Munford, kind of a chaotic game, but Brighton is supposed to do pretty well in 13AAA this year (I think). More outside shooters this year and Hensley should have played last year and ironically in my opinion, was the missing link last year...sitting over there on the bench the whole time.

Now....as I explained to Geeman, the numbers 69-68 are never to be used on any board ever again. I hope we can continue the civil respect we ended with last year and not join the masses of posters taking pot shots. Not saying you were....just sayin.

Hope you guys have a good year until Feb or so then not so much : )

They will be fine as I'm sure Ezell will be as well. I think a lot of time we get caught up in the mind set of picturing last years team, in that setting, without the Seniors lost this year. As you know, that's not the case at all if you half way understand what I'm trying to say? New year, new opponents, some different kids. As with Ezell, USJ would not have done well last year without everybody they had but you can't really look at it that way.

USJ is playing only 5 or 6 right now mainly because that's all they have. 3 starters only, but 2 of the other 3 will see playing time when everybody gets back. Missing our point (which shows tremendously) and another presence inside (which shows tremendously). That should be fixed now and give em a couple of weeks together and things will be fine. Wins over Madison and MEHA (I think), but surprisingly only lost to Munford by 6 and Brighton by 5. Not sure about Munford, kind of a chaotic game, but Brighton is supposed to do pretty well in 13AAA this year (I think). More outside shooters this year and Hensley should have played last year and ironically in my opinion, was the missing link last year...sitting over there on the bench the whole time.

Now....as I explained to Geeman, the numbers 69-68 are never to be used on any board ever again. I hope we can continue the civil respect we ended with last year and not join the masses of posters taking pot shots. Not saying you were....just sayin.

Good luck to y'all. Who knows maybe we will meet again.

I agree with Asitis, the last season is in the book and there is nothing that can change. Rocky Balboa said, "There ain't gonna be a rematch!" And like an old coach used to say, "If you think something you did yesterday was good, that means you haven't done anything good today."

Hey, I appreciate all the positive comments and in the early going teams seem to be panning out as expected. USN got a victory the last night vs BA, Ezell has one vs JPII so let's here it for the little guys. Speaking of JPII, we were lucky to get them in their opening game of the season...but watch out they will be a team on the up upside in the years to come. Looks like Knox Webb beat MJCA this year. Could talk about MJCA's victory last year vs Knox Webb but like Asitis say's that's all history so watch out for the Spartans. Hey yall let us know about the big upsets in the early going...those are always interesting.

Keep it cool!

Peace out!

The Gman

• 1 month later...

Bump to keep this post alive.

Looks like a few DII-A match ups taken place and a few more this week.

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.