DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

haha that is true. The boys at FRA are huge! They rolled over stewart county last night

The big shoes...well that was a little pun and fun on Big ENS "Stomping Ezell" Unfortunately tall guys usually have huge feet. Games like that are good for a team only to get the bench some playing time. Probably a good breather for FRA bunch who has played some quality teams this season.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Love it!!! Go McCallie.

2. Coach Farmer is doing a great job.

3. FRA will not, I repeat not win it all. (Ezell game will be interesting)

4. Who cares about BA.

5. dgeeman. Your son is awesome.

Actually there is not a problem here to go with a post that don't belong. It seems that at least in Nashville we are apt to go cross divisions with DII-A vs DIIAA games more than we go across Regions with one another. Farmer is doing a good job...but there is plenty of work and learning to be done by both coach and boys. Not gonna comment on #3 at all. Hey and I am a fan of BA. Know several kids and who knows...the upset win vs MBA...that could be huge!!! Good luck to them and a shout out to Josh Lester and Harrison Alexander who plays on that team. Finally thanks for comment about Austin. He's been blessed just to be able to play a lot of minutes ... especially the past two years. A small school has its advantages and it has sure been fun watching him!!!

Hey Gman,

Is the E/M split now in to two districts? I thought I remembered they did that in football? If so, who's in what? May have already been?

Thanks!

Hey Asitis! Been enjoying your posts! Nope I don't think two districts apply for basketball. From all the posting it seems the only thing left to decide in our Region is who is coming in 2nd Place. :)

Wow yall in the West seem to be wide open! I think it will be interesting on both sides how everything turns out it sounds.

Take care!

Gman

Hey Asitis! Been enjoying your posts! Nope I don't think two districts apply for basketball. From all the posting it seems the only thing left to decide in our Region is who is coming in 2nd Place. :)

Wow yall in the West seem to be wide open! I think it will be interesting on both sides how everything turns out it sounds.

Take care!

Gman

Update from the West (We ARE in two districts):

West District 1:

Lausanne 5-0 (have beaten everybody once but Bishop Byrne)

FACS 3-1 (lost to Lausanne, haven't played ECS yet)

Harding 3-1 (lost to Lausanne, beat ECS by 10 @ ECS)

ECS 2-2 (lost to Lausanne and Harding)

Bishop Byrne 2-2 (lost to Harding and FACS)

SBEC 0-4 (winless so far, lost to FACS by only 5 and BB by 2)

Catholic 0-4 (winless so far by big margins)

Key games coming up:

Lausanne (ECS/Home, Harding/Away, FACS/Home)

FACS (ECS-Lausanne-Harding/all Away)

Harding (ECS-Lausanne-FACS/all Home)

ECS (Lausanne/Away, Harding/Away, FACS/Home)

West District 2:

USJ 3-1 (beat JCS by 11 last night @ JCS, FA by 24 and TRA by 5 @ TRA)

St. George 3-1 (beat USJ by 13 @ home, lost to FA by 5 @ FA, beat JCS by 10 and TRA @ TRA)

JCS 2-2 (lost to USJ and SG, beat RC and TRA)

Fayette Acad. 2-1 (beat SG and RC, lost to USJ)

Tipton RM 1-3 (beat RC, didn't pull off the much needed upset I mentioned)

Rossville Christian 0-3 (winless so far by big margins)

Key games coming up:

USJ (SG/Home, FA/Away)

SG (USJ/Away, JCS-FA/both Home)

JCS (FA/twice, USJ-SG/Away)

FA (USJ/Home, SG/Away, JCS/twice)

Other games of interest:

ECS blew out JCS by 25 @ Home (early)

Lausanne beat JCS by 18 @ JCS (early)

FACS beat JCS by 6 @ JCS (Xmas tourney)

SG beat Harding by 6 @ Home and Webb School by 35

Harding lost to FRA by 3 @ FRA (any insight on this, that's what I saw?)

TRA beat Webb School by 28 @ Home (don't know that this interest anybody)

Still anybody anybody's game but right now given the schedules I would give Lausanne, Harding, USJ and SG the nod. But as you have seen...this could do a 180 in a matter of days.

All I know. Feel free to correct all my mistakes.

Back from a little sabbatical,

1. Smokestack losing to McCallie doesn't mean anything. We will be ready come tournament time.

2. Coach Farmer - Papa Farmer it's all the same.

3. FRA us winning it all. They will blow through rest of their schedule (including stomping Ezell).

4. Brentwood Academy needs to quit whining and either get rid of Husband or get use to losing!

5.dgeeman im back baby! And I've missed you!

BigEns......glad to see you back. Must have been out looking for new talent since it seems you boys are beatable this season :)

I definitely liked some of your points. Coach Farmer/Papa Farmer - all the same (HA!) FRA is definitely a huge favorite. Don't think they are unbeatable, but think USN would have given them a lot better game if it weren't for the questions surrounding Hodge. But that is neither here nor there.

Brentwood Academy will make a move after the season. No reason they should suck as badly as they do. Probably have more talent walking around the halls not playing on the team than do. With a new AD and football coach coming in, basketball may be on an upswing after this season. Pierce from FRA is a name that will be in the hat according to some sources.

Also think Davidson Academy is missing Jequan Lewis. Coach Harper would have been at the top of the district had he never had to move back during freshmen year. Probably makes him sick to think about............

Same with DCA. They also could have been loaded with Ross Welch, Kyle Kennedy, and CJ McEwen along with Ewin, Erickson, and Collin Johnston.....one might think what could have been had things worked out.........They are playing around .500 ball and Ramsey will have them ready come tournament time.

Hope CRB can find some big men at Ensworth..........definitely will have a top flight backcourt this year and next!

Interesting match up tomorrow with Ezell taking on DCA, who ya got? Austin Gee vs. Collin Johnston will be a great battle! This game should stay close, not exceeding about a 10 point margin when it's all said and done, but Ezell should come out on the winning side of that. They have too much for a down DCA team to handle, they have just lost too much over the years. That being said, DCA had the opportunity to be stacked this year had they not lost so much talent. They could have been a real favorite to go the distance.

The East-Middle is going to come down to Ezell, FRA, and USN. You could even throw DCA in there because they always play much better late in the season, they are a tough team. Ultimately I think FRA has too much talent and size, can't wait to see how the FRA vs. Ezell game goes coming up pretty soon.

Finally, I disagree with you Hooper. Knox Webb has a couple of good players in Chad Nabors and Sampson, but not much around them. Does anybody give them a chance against McCallie tomorrow? Hoping they can compete but most likely wont end up that way. Im taking McCallie by 27.

Interesting match up tomorrow with Ezell taking on DCA, who ya got? Austin Gee vs. Collin Johnston will be a great battle! This game should stay close, not exceeding about a 10 point margin when it's all said and done, but Ezell should come out on the winning side of that. They have too much for a down DCA team to handle, they have just lost too much over the years. That being said, DCA had the opportunity to be stacked this year had they not lost so much talent. They could have been a real favorite to go the distance.

The East-Middle is going to come down to Ezell, FRA, and USN. You could even throw DCA in there because they always play much better late in the season, they are a tough team. Ultimately I think FRA has too much talent and size, can't wait to see how the FRA vs. Ezell game goes coming up pretty soon.

Finally, I disagree with you Hooper. Knox Webb has a couple of good players in Chad Nabors and Sampson, but not much around them. Does anybody give them a chance against McCallie tomorrow? Hoping they can compete but most likely wont end up that way. Im taking McCallie by 27.

I love that Johnston kid for DCA. He's always been a very solid defender and consistent player for DCA since Middle School. Be glad when he graduates this year. My wife taught Josh Erickson in Kindergarten and you know what they say about that...everyone learns everything they know in Kindergarten. And personally I would love to see the Kyle and Chris Kennedy on the floor as well...but that is all that really needs to be said about! As Asitis always says old things don't need to brought up. We'd be crazy to count the DCA game as a win...as Ezell's season goes we have to play well to beat any team. It should be a great game on Friday but as everyone knows a foul here or there or a hot hand will make the difference in a win or a loss. GO Ezell!

Keeping it clean!

Gman

I love that Johnston kid for DCA. He's always been a very solid defender and consistent player for DCA since Middle School. Be glad when he graduates this year. My wife taught Josh Erickson in Kindergarten and you know what they say about that...everyone learns everything they know in Kindergarten. And personally I would love to see the Kyle and Chris Kennedy on the floor as well...but that is all that really needs to be said about! As Asitis always says old things don't need to brought up. We'd be crazy to count the DCA game as a win...as Ezell's season goes we have to play well to beat any team. It should be a great game on Friday but as everyone knows a foul here or there or a hot hand will make the difference in a win or a loss. GO Ezell!

Keeping it clean!

Gman

Webber you make alot of good points. The Gee and Johnston matchup is going to be a very good matchup. I will say this Know Webb is not going to win the region in my opinion, but they have alot of tradition and history and ALOT of pride. They are alot like DCA. Always going to be someone to think about come tournement time

Webber you make alot of good points. The Gee and Johnston matchup is going to be a very good matchup. I will say this Know Webb is not going to win the region in my opinion, but they have alot of tradition and history and ALOT of pride. They are alot like DCA. Always going to be someone to think about come tournement time

Well the game turned out to be just as expected, one full of ups and downs for both teams. And the funny thing is the one kid I failed to mention in any of my posts that I know... Brett Wolfe... a baseball player for DCA whose dad coached Austin when he was 6 years old almost became a near hero last night. Fans for DCA went absolutely nuts when Brett hit his three to time the game to send it to overtime.

Here is the scoop on Brett from his dad. Brett joined the DCA team mainly because he just loves to play. He actually played in the JV game and enjoys that the most. However last night's game with DCA's starters in foul trouble Brett was almost able to become DCA's hero last night.

Below are his two shots.

However in the Overtime period the Eagles beat the Wildcats in a close one! The final margin Ezell Harding Christian School 79-77.