DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

Did I read the boxscore right? Did DCA beat FRA? Someone who was there, tell us what happened.

It was a close game all the way. DCA tied it up (41 to 41) with about 35 seconds when Josh Erickson was fouled taking a three pointer and hit 2 of the 3 free throws. JE fouled a FRA player with about 30 sec to play. FRA missed both free throws. DCA took a couple of shot when Colin Johnston got a rebound and got fouled going up for a layup with 1.2 seconds to play. CJ missed the first and hit the second free throw to give DCA their 1 point victory 42 to 41.

1st 2nd 3rd Final

DCA 17 24 32 42

FRA 15 29 35 41

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, congratulations to the wildcats for beating the top 3 teams in one week. Very nice!

They are playing great basketball. The way i see it, it's been tough defense, sharing the ball, hitting open shot, and a kid named Carson Outlaw (tourney MVP) that has been their recipe. I'm sure fairplaybyall would say it was refs.

They are playing great basketball. The way i see it, it's been tough defense, sharing the ball, hitting open shot, and a kid named Carson Outlaw (tourney MVP) that has been their recipe. I'm sure fairplaybyall would say it was refs.

A little bonus coverage from the Gman now that unfortunately his boys team is out of the hunt some independent coverage from the DII-A Mid/East Regional. Well I got to spend a lot of time watching basketball last weekend by filming Ezell Harding's Girls team. Just a little about the girls before talking about the boys. The girls side appears almost even after the games were played. I understand the FRA girls struggled a little in the first game before gaining the "V" and in the second game...after leading most of the game the Knox Webb girls came out on top of our Lady Eagles. On Saturday's contest it took a last second shot by Tanginique Nowlin for the Lady Eagles to get third place and Knox Webb girls team took advantage of a poor shooting FRA team to win the crown.

The boys games on Friday found the FRA boys winning a slow down game vs Knox Webb. A strong performance by Tori Smith got FRA the victory. DCA led from the beginning in the nightcap using a good defense and strong shooting performances from Josh Erickson and Mr. Outlaw to win. Obviously proving their point that they belong at the Region by beating Ezell #3 and now USN #2.

On Saturday the two-headed combination of Nash and Welch led USN to a third place finish. The finale pitted DCA and FRA, in their 3rd contest for this season. The rubber game for the Region Tournament Championship. Like Gee and Like Welch before in games vs DCA, Rob Marberry one of key players got into early foul trouble. Makes me think this team of DCA could be a team of destiny. The game pretty much went back and forth the entire game. But with Marberry out of the picture the Tournament MVP Carson Outlaw seemed to be given the chance to lead the Wildcats to victory. FRA missed some key foul shots down the stretch which opened the door for the DCA win.

Gotta give credit to the Wildcats, with the Crazies that they have following them, they are poised to make run into the state tournament.

I have heard the story behind Carson Outlaw, but I would appreciate someone close to DCA telling the whole truth behind the young man and his "Tebow-like and Lin-like" rise to the top of the Divsion II-A players. I think it is an awesome story worth sharing.

I think there is a good chance these two teams might meet again. So fair warning watch out what you say...Panther and Wildcat fans...you don't want to post anything that might serve as Locker Room material.

Here is some video taken of the boys who brought some hardware home.

Keep it clean!

Gman

Carson is new to Dca this year.He is a junior. His parents are missionaries and they had been living in kazakstahn. I believe he is 1 of about 8 or so kids. He started playing more toward the end of the year and had a career night (so far) against Ezell. he scored 53 points in the 3 tournament games and was awarded tournament MVP. As good as he is at bball he is a better person. Represents the school very very well.

Carson is new to Dca this year.He is a junior. His parents are missionaries and they had been living in kazakstahn. I believe he is 1 of about 8 or so kids. He started playing more toward the end of the year and had a career night (so far) against Ezell. he scored 53 points in the 3 tournament games and was awarded tournament MVP. As good as he is at bball he is a better person. Represents the school very very well.

Thanks Wildcatdad! That's the kinda post I really like to see. Cause it is the players that is what is all about. Enough sniping and pot shots on the posters. I was thinking today that maybe if there wasn't so much anomynity in Coacht if the posts might be a little nicer in the long run.

Thanks for letting me know he's a junior...we'll be working on those homesick letters for next year.

It's a great story! Thanks for sharing.

How will DCA and FRA do against Harding and ECS?

Anybodys guess at this point. The only comparison is that FRA beat Harding at the FRA Christmas tournament by 3 points. The match-ups between FRA and DCA have been inconsistent. Of the 3 games they have played against one another this season, FRA won the first one by 23 points. DCA won the second by 3 and third game by 1. Maybe someone from the west can give us a more clear analysis after tonight's game! Good luck everyone!

The late call at the end with the double foul on Marbury and the DCA player was really bad. Should have been a no call both ways in my opinion. Either way, you can't take anything away from DCA. I really don't think Marbury would have changed anything because DCA just seemed to be the better team that day. Hard for me to say it but both of our teams were beaten Saturday by teams that played better. Referees did not win or lose the game. FRA did not lose either game. Knox Webbs girls and DCA's boys WON the games. Congrats to both teams on well deserved championships.

Here are the match ups...Lausanne vs Knox Webb, St. George's vs USN, Harding vs FRA, ECS vs DCA. Thoughts?

Well this is going to be down right exciting! I wish I a better understanding of the west teams so I could make a prediction or two. I know DCA is the hot ticket right now in the east but ECS is no lay-down. If ECS can successfully utilize their post player(s) while neutralizing DCA's guard play...they win. If not...time to kick back and watch.

USN has their point position back in play and the wing shooters are strong as ajax. Someone fill in the blanks on St Georges please..

FRA pulled out a close one over Harding during the holidays. One or two I believe. Lets see who learned from that experience and who wants it more. As i recall the guard play from FRA won the game.

Lausanne is the hot ticket out west and I hope someone responds with a good scouting reports for us fans. Knox Webb can slow the game to an absolute crawl as they demonstrated twice this year. Lets see if Lausanne has an answer for that.

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.