South Pitt, Huntingdon Wayne County, or Perry County

LeggoStangs

2007 would've never stopped the 94 or especially the 98 team period end of story...Their offense was plain nasty though so 98 D we would have had our hands full...94 team had the best defense the school EVER had...U can say they would be a great game for sure but the crown they don't have

All hate aside....Record wise 99 was just as strong and proved what I thought along with many what was the impossible

This years skill players are just as talented overall as those other teams but not as seasoned as they are young this year in the backfield...Defense is playing as well these last three games as any of the above mentioned also but have unfinished business if they want to be mentioned with the elite....This years Secondary however will never be in same breath as the others mentioned

thumb[1].gif

Yes if you go by records but, I really don't think it was the best team overall. It's hard to compare the different year teams because they were better or worse in different aspects of the game. We've had blazing speed in the backfield and on the ends then other teams had power runners that would bowl you over. Hard to compare. How would describe your guys this year, power or speed? On defense do you use schemes with different blitzes or just line up and hit somebody.

Our hole offense is based around misdirection and speed. We run a Wing-T but it's different from what anyone else runs around here. Coach Swenson a couple years back went down to Florida to watch a high school football team.(wish I could remember the teams name)and found this new offense. Depth in the running back position has helped a lot this year. Have about five guys who touch the ball every game.

Defense it's more of play your responsibility but our speed plays a big factor as well. Not a hole lot of size up front. I would go as far to say that we haven't faced a team this year with as much speed as we have and that's saying a lot considering who we have played.

Our hole offense is based around misdirection and speed. We run a Wing-T but it's different from what anyone else runs around here. Coach Swenson a couple years back went down to Florida to watch a high school football team.(wish I could remember the teams name)and found this new offense. Depth in the running back position has helped a lot this year. Have about five guys who touch the ball every game.

Defense it's more of play your responsibility but our speed plays a big factor as well. Not a hole lot of size up front. I would go as far to say that we haven't faced a team this year with as much speed as we have and that's saying a lot considering who we have played.

Without a doubt ya'll have good speed and ya'll have a good D. The thing that I'm saying right now will hurt ya'll is not being more capable of throwing the ball. Well, at least from what I've seen when I've watched Huntingdon.

From the video it appears that this is used some:

The first flank on the wing formation is the tight-end/wingback flank. The flank on

the slot formation is a tight-end/dive-back flank. The backside flank on the wing

formation is the split-end/dive-back flank. The other flank on the slot set is a splitend/

wingback flank.

From the video it appears that this is used some:

The first flank on the wing formation is the tight-end/wingback flank. The flank on

the slot formation is a tight-end/dive-back flank. The backside flank on the wing

formation is the split-end/dive-back flank. The other flank on the slot set is a splitend/

wingback flank.

We also run a little wildcat with everyone is tight but one WR.

Edited by LeggoStangs

Who would you consider would be South Pitt biggest play maker

Lankford, Johnson and Chubb. I've seen the latter two play a few times, but not Lankford. From all accounts, he's going to be another in a long line of stellar running backs. Look forward to watching him play in the next couple of years.

The 2007 team was good. It was one of the top 10. 1986, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 were all good teams. That 1999 team was one of the best ever as far as everything. This year's team has some similarities with the 2007 team, but can't say they are as good because of one thing. Robert Robinson was a man on that team. Other areas are really similar. They still have work to do in order to be mentioned with the elite.

Without a doubt ya'll have good speed and ya'll have a good D. The thing that I'm saying right now will hurt ya'll is not being more capable of throwing the ball. Well, at least from what I've seen when I've watched Huntingdon.

Against Mckenzie we were 2-2 for 24 yards. Both were big 3rd down plays. Its not that we can't pass, its just that we don't. Until a team shuts down the run game, Coach Swenson will keep feeding a steady diet of runs. If a team does load up and has success stopping the run, we will pass the ball. I don't remember the stats for the Milan game but maybe with that exception we have been over 300 yds rushing every game.

Why pass when you run the ball with that kind of success?

I think it was Bear Bryant that said there are 3 things that can happen when you pass the ball and two of those are bad. :roflol:

Lankford, Johnson and Chubb. I've seen the latter two play a few times, but not Lankford. From all accounts, he's going to be another in a long line of stellar running backs. Look forward to watching him play in the next couple of years.

If the Allen twins weren't out, I would mention them as well.

The 2007 team was good. It was one of the top 10. 1986, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 were all good teams. That 1999 team was one of the best ever as far as everything. This year's team has some similarities with the 2007 team, but can't say they are as good because of one thing. Robert Robinson was a man on that team. Other areas are really similar. They still have work to do in order to be mentioned with the elite.

Agreed and great post except.......Well....99 sigh....Well I will just keep my mouth shut...They did great...I will give them that...Sour will always b in that topic for me...I just grin and shake my head