Current 2a Playoff pairings

FridayMainEvent

I don't know if "getting shafted" is what I'd call it. Second year in a row they've been sent over to the east bracket with the two top teams in state in their quad. Probably deserved the bad seed this year because they didn't win when they should of. Last year, they won their district for the fourth consecutive time and were shipped east as a THIRD seed behind Trousdale and Signal. There should NEVER be three district champs in one quad if it can be avoided. That should be written into the rules. A district champ cannot be seeded lower than two. In the old system, the region/district champ always received a one seed.

I see what you are saying, but it is a testament to more west teams making the playoffs and pushing other teams east. Trust me we are hoping to stay out of quad 4, we are glad to be in three ( if Peabody wins out )and have a pretty good chance to advance deeper!

Good luck to the champs, beat them east teams up for us!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK i didnt want to wait for the tssaa so I made my own playofffs. I think this will be pretty close to how the quads will be. I have not seeded any of them just got the teams in each quad.

quad 1

hampton

oneida

north greene

oliver springs

cosby

rockwood

quad 2

boyd

trousdale

watertown

friendship

jackson county

cascade

quad 3

Adamsville

forrest

mt pleasant

riverside

houston County

white house heritage

quad 4

dresden

humboldt

westwood

booker t

mckenzie

peabody

Let me know if you see anybody I missed. This is of course barring any major upsets in week 10.

After studying latest results, I concur. Only possible difference appear to be in quad three where Lorretto could edge out WHH with a win over MtP or get in with a Houston County loss. A Houston County win would help all the district 10 teams including WHH, Mcewen and Jo Burns and possibly strengthen their seeding. Nice job!

Edited by FreeAgent11

You are correct but I don't see loretto beating mt pleasant or east robertson beating houston county. If it plays out like this. Whh will be last at large team in due to tiebreakers with peabody. Then the fun starts getting them seeded out. I think it will be adamsville forrest with byes at 1 and 2. I think riverside host whh and mtp hosting houston. Rhs/whh winner at adamsville and mtp/houston winner at forrest. This is my quad 3 right now I think.

Although the team is pretty good, Card, I don't see them as a championship caliber team. My only point was I do feel they've earned an easier first round matchup than Friendship Christian, for example. You may have had teams with losing records get in with the old system, but you do with this one also, Card. EVERY team in this State sets its number one objective as winning their District at the start of the season. If you achieve that, you've earned the right to avoid other District Champs until the third round. Every sport is set up that way. Ours used to be that way. No other sport has a potential for two district champs to meet 2nd round. Even at the professional level of football, that's impossible for the two best records in a conference to meet before third round.

I honestly believe that Cascade will be in Quad 3 and White House Heritage will be in Quad 2. Now, with regards to the seeding of the teams we are in agreement that the system lacks, but I disagree that Cascade should automatically deserve a better seeding over Friendship, or anyone, just because the Champions are district champs. This system can't take that into account because some districts are weaker than others (I am not saying that you play in a weak district) and it would be like rewarding that team twice. Once for being in a weak district and second for a better seed over a team with a better record and probably strength of schedule. Lastly, allow me to say again that I hate this system and wish we would just go back the way we had it.

Edited by orangecrush

You are correct but I don't see loretto beating mt pleasant or east robertson beating houston county. If it plays out like this. Whh will be last at large team in due to tiebreakers with peabody. Then the fun starts getting them seeded out. I think it will be adamsville forrest with byes at 1 and 2. I think riverside host whh and mtp hosting houston. Rhs/whh winner at adamsville and mtp/houston winner at forrest. This is my quad 3 right now I think.

If Houston County and Lorretto lost, you'd have to go all the way over to the 4th tie breaker to separate WHH and Lorretto. WHH would win because of more opponent victories..lol

I honestly believe that Cascade will be in Quad 3 and White House Heritage will be in Quad 2. Now, with regards to the seeding of the teams we are in agreement that the system lacks, but I disagree that Cascade should automatically deserve a better seeding over Friendship, or anyone, just because the Champions are district champs. This system can't take that into account because some districts are weaker than others (I am not saying that you play in a weak district) and it would be like rewarding that team twice. Once for being in a weak district and second for a better seed over a team with a better record and probably strength of schedule. Lastly, allow me to say again that I hate this system and wish we would just go back the way we had it.

Yeah that is a fly in the ointment. If they follow their own videos then cascade moves east and whh stays in 3. I agree the system is broken but it is what we have so we might as well make do. I say go back to 8 regions top 3 get playoffs. District champs get byes and 2 and 3 play each other from matched up region. Then continue until a champion. I know it will never happen that way.

I assume you think Cascade will win the district? It ain't so, yet. They have to get past Eagleville, and we lose to Moore Co. We won't know anything 'till Saturday, or after the games on Friday night.

Edited by LovethoseRockets

yeah but with the old system you had teams getting in playoffs with one or two wins on a regular basis. Now that only happens a few times. Cascade needs to understand that to be the best you have to beat the best. Yes it is a tougher quad than quad 3 top to bottom, but if you want the gold ball you gotta beat em anyway. Good luck!

That was with the "old system" in 2008. In the system in 1992 with A, AA, AAA that was rarely the case. That's why they need to go back to that system with A, AA, AAA, and AAAA.

If Unaka happened to beat Cosby and Silverdale loses the Buc's may go to Quad 1 but I doubt it will happen

If Houston County wins which they probably will, that will help push Silverdale off the bubble. That could create a ripple pushing Boyd into Quad 1 especially if Silverdale loses. You have to love Voodoo math in conjunction with gerrymandering geography.

I assume you think Cascade will win the district? It ain't so, yet. They have to get past Eagleville, and we lose to Moore Co. We won't know anything 'till Saturday, or after the games on Friday night.

No, we are speaking totally in hypotheticals. If you wish to insert Forrest for Cascade in my analogy, then please do so because I had no idea who was going to win your district until you explained it.