IMAC

trottercoach

I don't think M. East will be in the 70's against Seymour, as they have been most of the season...never look past anyone. Seymour is playing good basketball right now.

Seymour definitely has a good ball team as they do in most sports year in and year out. East will not look past Seymour or anyone else for that matter. East is playing pretty good ball also, they have some things they need to improve on just like everyone else but if they can get better at a few parts of the game (and I think they will) they will be a very difficult "out" in district and regional play. They have the depth to play hard the entire game, they have the inside and outside game, they have ball handling and size. The one thing that I see that needs to be improved on the most is probably shot selection, take good shots for the most parts but they go thru lulls in the game where bad shots are taken and while you can get away with it against weaker teams, the stronger teams come post season time will make you pay for it. I'm pretty sure Tracy will get that taken care of though, she is a smart coach! Play Greeneville tonight and Seymour tomorrow night......GO LADY CANES!!

Seymour definitely has a good ball team as they do in most sports year in and year out. East will not look past Seymour or anyone else for that matter. East is playing pretty good ball also, they have some things they need to improve on just like everyone else but if they can get better at a few parts of the game (and I think they will) they will be a very difficult "out" in district and regional play. They have the depth to play hard the entire game, they have the inside and outside game, they have ball handling and size. The one thing that I see that needs to be improved on the most is probably shot selection, take good shots for the most parts but they go thru lulls in the game where bad shots are taken and while you can get away with it against weaker teams, the stronger teams come post season time will make you pay for it. I'm pretty sure Tracy will get that taken care of though, she is a smart coach! Play Greeneville tonight and Seymour tomorrow night......GO LADY CANES!!

East should have no problems going undefeated in the district during the regular season. They should also be favored to win the district tournament but could face an upset bid by an improving Seymour or Morristown West. Winning the district tournament is super important this year because no one will likely beat Science Hill in the Region. Facing SH prior to the regional finals spells disaster for everyone.

East should have no problems going undefeated in the district during the regular season. They should also be favored to win the district tournament but could face an upset bid by an improving Seymour or Morristown West. Winning the district tournament is super important this year because no one will likely beat Science Hill in the Region. Facing SH prior to the regional finals spells disaster for everyone.

I'm not as sure about all that as you are granddad.

East, Seymour and Cocke are all in the Landair classic(formerly Greenbank) in Greeneville next week. East squares off with Mt Juliet first round. Science Hill is in opposite part of bracket w/ Bob Jones (Ala.) for their first match. This should pan out to be fun tournament to watch.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Landair-Ladies-Classic/175888572495460

Edited by trottercoach

East, Seymour and Cocke are all in the Landair classic(formerly Greenbank) in Greeneville next week. East squares off with Mt Juliet first round. Science Hill is in opposite part of bracket w/ Bob Jones (Ala.) for their first match. This should pan out to be fun tournament to watch.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Landair-Ladies-Classic/175888572495460

Mt Juliet should be a real test for East. My niece lives there and thinks Mt. Juliet is right up there with Riverdale and other state powers. I hope the Science Hill-Alabama game will be a good one too.

I would interject that it is not in either SH or Easts best interest to meet before regional finals

Well put by trottercoach. If they were to meet I think it will be 50/50. The way granddad put it East would not have much of a chance. East has beaten Science hill twice in the last couple of years including last year @ Science Hill.

Well put by trottercoach. If they were to meet I think it will be 50/50. The way granddad put it East would not have much of a chance. East has beaten Science hill twice in the last couple of years including last year @ Science Hill.

My point was that the best track to the state for any district 2 team is to avoid playing SH prior to the regional finals. From what I have seen so far, I would favor SH over East, but not by much. The Mt Juliet game should tell us a lot about East and an eventual meeting in the finals in Greenville with East and SH would be one to watch!