3A Playoffs Right Now

Gerry Bertier

Two Scenarios based on Hickman Co. getting in or not getting in.

If Hickman gets in the quad would look like this.

Quad 3

1 Smith Co. (10-0)

8 Grundy Co. (5-5)

4 Harpeth (8-2)

5 CPA (8-2)

3 Pearl Cohn (6-4)

6 Sequatchie Co. (7-3)

2 Goodpasture (7-3)

7 Cheatham Co. (5-5)

If Hickman does not get in this is what it would look like.

Quad 3

1 Smith Co. (9-0)

8 Grundy Co. (5-5)

4 Pearl Cohn (6-4)

5 Sequatchie Co. (7-3)

3 Goodpasture (7-3)

6 CPA (8-2)

2 Bledsoe Co. (9-1)

7 Cheatham Co. (5-5)

Thanks, I believe Pearl Cohn will beat CPA.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If GP loses to Pigeon Forge and Loudon loses to Kingston. Do they both miss the playoffs?

If so would both AE move to quad 1 and Bledsoe Co. move to Quad 2 and become the #1 seed over either CAK or Alcoa?

If Bledsoe is in Quad 2 they would end up the top seed. GP and Loudon really need to win. However I see Loudon being left out for sure. GP is a real toss up.

If Bledsoe Co. does end up in Quad 2 the teams in order that would move East to Quad 1 are AE, Alcoa and CAK, if the pins on the TSSAA map are correct. If both AE (district winner) and Alcoa go east what would Quads 1 and 2 look like? Alcoa could be distric winner or #2 so I know that effects the seeding.

Is it possible that all 3 could move to quad 1? If so that would sure open up quad 2.

If Hickman Co. gets in that would move AE? Then Loudon out moves Alcoa? If GP is out CAK moves?

Gerry what is the whole scenario with Maplewood, CPA, and Pearl Cohn ? And what are the chance Sequatchie and Bledsoe both go East

Assuming you are asking about district champion:

If Pearl Cohn beats CPA, then Pearl Cohn is district champ & Maplewood is #2 (based on head to head tiebreaker)

If CPA beats Pearl Cohn, then Maplewood is district champ & CPA is #2 (based on head to head tiebreaker)

If you are asking about playoff scenarios, Maplewood is 4A while PC & CPA are 3A.

Tell me if I am correct on this as a CAK FAN

If CAK are Distric champs they are either 1 or 2 in Quad 2 depending if Bledsoe moves or not. If they end up in Quad 1 they are #2 behind Sullivan North.

If they finish 2nd to Alcoa they are a #4 seed either way if Bledsoe moves or not (3 distric champs ahead of them. Would they also be a #4 in Quad 1, behind Sullivan N, Alcoa, and AE?

Two Scenarios based on Hickman Co. getting in or not getting in.

If Hickman gets in the quad would look like this.

Quad 3

1 Smith Co. (10-0)

8 Grundy Co. (5-5)

4 Harpeth (8-2)

5 CPA (8-2)

3 Pearl Cohn (6-4)

6 Sequatchie Co. (7-3)

2 Goodpasture (7-3)

7 Cheatham Co. (5-5)

If Hickman does not get in this is what it would look like.

Quad 3

1 Smith Co. (9-0)

8 Grundy Co. (5-5)

4 Pearl Cohn (6-4)

5 Sequatchie Co. (7-3)

3 Goodpasture (7-3)

6 CPA (8-2)

2 Bledsoe Co. (9-1)

7 Cheatham Co. (5-5)

GB:

I see that on your first prediction you had CPA at a 5 and Sequatchie at a 6 and then you put Sequatchie at a 5 and CPA at a 6 on your second prediction.

If Pearl beats CPA then CPA enters as a "wild card". Sequatchie is going to enter as a "runner-up" regardless of what happens. Sequatchie will be seeded higher than CPA should the Lions lose to Pearl-Cohn next Friday night.

That would set up a possible rematch between Pearl-Cohn and CPA the following week assuming that Hickman County takes care of business against Waverly and gets into the playoffs (which would bump Bledsoe to Q2).

GB:

I see that on your first prediction you had CPA at a 5 and Sequatchie at a 6 and then you put Sequatchie at a 5 and CPA at a 6 on your second prediction.

If Pearl beats CPA then CPA enters as a "wild card". Sequatchie is going to enter as a "runner-up" regardless of what happens. Sequatchie will be seeded higher than CPA should the Lions lose to Pearl-Cohn next Friday night.

That would set up a possible rematch between Pearl-Cohn and CPA the following week assuming that Hickman County takes care of business against Waverly and gets into the playoffs (which would bump Bledsoe to Q2).

You are correct. Thanks for the correction. My hand was thinking faster than my mind.

How do you see it all shaking out in the end Gerry? I'd probably go with the following:

Q1

1.) Sullivan North

8.) South Greene

4.) Chuckey-Doak

5.) Pigeon Forge

3.) Elizabethton

6.) Happy Valley

2.) West Greene

7.) Gatlinburg-Pittman

Q2

1.) Bledsoe County

8.) Meigs County

4.) Polk County

5.) CAK

3.) Alcoa

6.) Sweetwater

2.) Austin-East

7.) Kingston

Q3

1.) Smith County

8.) Grundy County

4.) Harpeth

5.) Sequatchie County

3.) CPA

6.) Cheatham County

2.) Goodpasture

7.) Pearl-Cohn

Q4

1.) Milan

8.) Hickman County

4.) Manassas

5.) Lewis County

3.) Camden

6.) Westview

2.) Fairview

7.) South Gibson

First 4 Teams Out: Loudon (4-6); Tyner (4-6); Upperman (4-6); Stewart County (4-6)

REMEMBER NOW THAT THESE ARE JUST "MY PICKS" ON HOW THE PLAYOFF BRACKET FOR CLASS 3A WILL SHAKE OUT NEXT SATURDAY WHEN IT IS OFFICIALLY RELEASED :thumb:

Edited by howdoitknow2

How do you see it all shaking out in the end Gerry? I'd probably go with the following:

Q1

1.) Sullivan North

8.) South Greene

4.) Chuckey-Doak

5.) Pigeon Forge

3.) Elizabethton

6.) Happy Valley

2.) West Greene

7.) Gatlinburg-Pittman

Q2

1.) Bledsoe County

8.) Meigs County

4.) Polk County

5.) CAK

3.) Alcoa

6.) Sweetwater

2.) Austin-East

7.) Kingston

Q3

1.) Smith County

8.) Grundy County

4.) Harpeth

5.) Sequatchie County

3.) CPA

6.) Cheatham County

2.) Goodpasture

7.) Pearl-Cohn

Q4

1.) Milan

8.) Hickman County

4.) Manassas

5.) Lewis County

3.) Camden

6.) Westview

2.) Fairview

7.) South Gibson

First 4 Teams Out: Loudon (4-6); Tyner (4-6); Upperman (4-6); Stewart County (4-6)

REMEMBER NOW THAT THESE ARE JUST "MY PICKS" ON HOW THE PLAYOFF BRACKET FOR CLASS 3A WILL SHAKE OUT NEXT SATURDAY WHEN IT IS OFFICIALLY RELEASED :thumb:

Pretty similar to you except for some seeding changes.

If Hickman wins, Fairview will own the tie breaker over Milan. Fairview would have 6 teams on their schedule with at least 5 wins, Milan can only have 5.

I think Cheatham will lose to Harpeth and make them a #7 seed and a # 6 seed for Pearl Cohn.

The CPA-Pearl game is a real toss up.

It is high school football so you never know what is going to happen, but it will be fun to see it play out.

I am going to say that "you're picking CPA over Pearl-Cohn" which means according to your pick in the Harpeth-Cheatham game:

Cheatham County would be 5-5

Pearl-Cohn would be 5-5

If Mt. Pleasant (4-5) beats Loretto this week then that would put 7 teams on the Cubs regular season schedule that won 50% or more of their games.

Pearl-Cohn currently has 4 teams on their schedule that have won 50% or more of their games (Blackman, BGA, Maplewood, CPA). Stratford and David Lipscomb are both 4-5 however they play each other this week. That will give Pearl-Cohn a 5th opponent on the 50% or above line. That leaves Whites Creek (4-5) and MBA (4-5). Whites Creek takes on East Literature this week while MBA battles PJPII. Pearl-Cohn would need for Whites Creek and MBA to win in order to have 7 teams on their overall schedule that won 50% or more of their games.

If both of those teams are able to win then Pearl-Cohn would be tied with Cheatham County as far as having 7 teams that won 50% or more of their games on the schedule. If either MBA or Whites Creek falls this week (assuming Mt. Pleasant beats Loretto) then Cheatham County would hold the tiebreaker over Pearl-Cohn.

I believe I am correct in assuming this! Are you confused yet? :roflol: