3A Playoffs Right Now

Gerry Bertier

I

Though grundys chances are slim to going deep into the playoffs anything is possible..you can't say that u were never shocked to see teams go to the state championship or make a deep run into the playoffs..anything could happen and when I say this that if Grundy could play bledsoe or sequatchie again it would be a whole new ball game..sequatchie is always a good tough hard fought game..bledsoe is overated in my opinion yea they beat us horribly but we came out flat footed and played the whole game flat..coaches didn't coach well and the players didn't play well..the same could go for cak and Alcoa or any other team out there..we were the only team in our district that held signal mountain on their running game..yea we have a lousy pass defense and if it wasn't for that the game would have been a lot closer..so dog me down for having high hopes for my local high school team..in a sense all of you have hopes that your teams make it to state..sequatchie has just a big of a chance as Alcoa. It all depends on who wants it more then. the other..come playoff time we will see who wants it more then the other..now in that sense I don't agree with the predictions that u have in your playoff brackets your assuming that Grundy loses to Notre dame and that would put them at 5-5 and an 8th place seed..well if Grundy wins that would put them at 6-4..if Pearl cohn looses wouldn't that put us at a 6th seeded team and Pearl cohn an 8th seeded team?

I agree somewhat, anyone can win come playoff time, but if Grundy played Sequatchie and Bledsoe again, it would be the same outcome, I have seen all teams play this year against our Pirates and Grundy was the less impressive, Bledsoe is far from being overated, they took you to the woodshed and back, from what I seen on film is they hit you in the mouth on the first whistle and was very physical and Grundy laid down, good luck in the playoffs to Grundy, hope you go far?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I think Quad 3 will look like

1) Smith Co (10-0)

8) Pearl-Cohn (5-5)

4) Sequatchie Co (7-3)

5) CPA (9-1)

3) Harpeth (8-2)

6) Cheatham Co (5-5)

2) Goodpasture (7-3)

7) Grundy Co (5-5)

Comments: Smith and Goodpasture are district Champs, Harpeth and Sequatchie are runner-ups, the rest are wild cards

Anyone have comments

1) Smith Co (10-0)

8) Pearl-Cohn (5-5)

4) Sequatchie Co (7-3)

5) CPA (9-1)

3) Harpeth (8-2)

6) Cheatham Co (5-5)

2) Goodpasture (7-3)

7) Grundy Co (5-5)

Comments: Smith and Goodpasture are district Champs, Harpeth and Sequatchie are runner-ups, the rest are wild cards

Anyone have comments

If CPA finishes at 9-1 they'd be the "runner-up" in District 10-AA. That would put them as the #3 seed.

If Harpeth wins and Sequatchie loses then Harpeth is the 4 and SC is the 5 seed.

If Sequatchie wins or Harpeth loses then SC is the 4 and Harpeth is the 5 seed.

1) Smith Co (10-0)

8) Pearl-Cohn (5-5)

4) Sequatchie Co (7-3)

5) CPA (9-1)

3) Harpeth (8-2)

6) Cheatham Co (5-5)

2) Goodpasture (7-3)

7) Grundy Co (5-5)

Anyone have comments

The way you have it cpa would have beaten pc. This would make cpa a second with a better record than seq.or harpeth. thus cpa would be a 3 and seq and harpeth a 4 and 5.

If CPA finishes at 9-1 they'd be the "runner-up" in District 10-AA. That would put them as the #3 seed.

If Harpeth wins and Sequatchie loses then Harpeth is the 4 and SC is the 5 seed.

If Sequatchie wins or Harpeth loses then SC is the 4 and Harpeth is the 5 seed.

If CPA wins they will be the #2 seed and Goodpasture #3, 9-1 over 7-3. That is assuming Bledsoe goes east, if not they are #2

Edited by Omniscience

If CPA wins they will be the #2 seed and Goodpasture #3, 9-1 over 7-3. That is assuming Bledsoe goes east, if not they are #2

That is incorrect. There is no scenario where CPA will be seeded ahead of Goodpasture. Goodpasture is a district champ, CPA cannot win their district.

The brackets will be up on the T Friday night.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

That is incorrect. There is no scenario where CPA will be seeded ahead of Goodpasture. Goodpasture is a district champ, CPA cannot win their district.

The brackets will be up on the T Friday night.

My bad Gerry, that is a very easy thing to overlook. Still dont like a 9-1 team who has already won against the other team is seeded lower

My bad Gerry, that is a very easy thing to overlook. Still dont like a 9-1 team who has already won against the other team is seeded lower

Yeah I can see both sides of the fence on the issue. Last year Franklin was seeded over Brentwood even though Brentwood was district champs. You have to put a priority for winning your district.