Oakland at Riverdale

crazy_cowboy89

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay sharp, Oakland! The wet field can be a big equalizer. Keep your eyes open and on the ball. Don't be a hero and try to pick up a loose ball and run with it. Just fall on it. I know you can do this. Play with authority and heart. Listen to your coaches. I am certain they have a good gameplan and will make the proper adjustments when needed. Go OAKLAND!

Before i talk about the game I want to send prayers and well wishes to the family of the teacher from oakland that passed away and to also the young lady from siegel. We may banter back and forth about our schools but in the end we do care about all the kids and the people so my prayers are to both familes. If any of you know of anything myself or my family can do please let me know.

NOW ON TO THE GAME I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS...

RIVERDALE vs oakland IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!!!I have not seen oakland so i dont have any idea how they are doing. or what kind of season they are having but being RIVERDALEMAN you know who i thinkis going to win and my guess will be 28-10

GO WARRIORS FIGHT TONIGHT

Really good game that was much closer than the score indicated. Oakland made some mistakes and Riverdale was able to take advantage.

Riverdale offense played really well in the second half.

Riverdale defense held Oakland to 7 points so they had a good night too.

For all the talk of how these teams dislike each other I saw a lot of mutual respect out there on the field, at least for most of the game.

Will these teams play each othger again next week?

So I sit at the top, or shall I say stand. It always happens to be right in front of the opponest press box.. So anyways Oakland had several coaches in the box but they also had a man who stood beside me like the whole time in front of the box and they were talking plays the whole time!!

Ha a couple of things that came out his mouth...

These guys aren't that good were going to win

Then my favorite, if we play them again and Dillion fakes it we are going to hit him in his mouth every single time ; every time.

They also were talking about which side to run on and all that good stuff for when they play again.

I think they may end up going in the west bracket, but I was saying I didn't want to play them 2 weeks in a row. Now I changed my mind, I would love too!! I know so much about them.. Anyone else want to know holla at me!!! Lol I'd love to give it to them again!!

Our defense looked pretty good. Our offense had a few good plays but I don't think they played consistently well! I'm not worried I know we will get it together.. I'm ready for playoffs!

I Will start by saying that was a nice moment of silence tonight before the game in honor of the teacher from oakland and the student from RIVERDALE GOD BLESS BOTH FAMILIES

AS FOR THE GAME....I agree with TDCman that this game was closer than the score both teams capatolized on their mistakes oakland just made more than we did...

our offense was effecient and we ran really well and the screen pass that went for a TD to adam was a GREAT play call and well executed and Dylan made some great read and Adam was a BEAST tonight

I still want to see our defense with more of a killer instinct on EVERY PLAY...we do well on first and second but them get relaxed on 3rd and to win STATE we have to bring it every down

Dylan also had a GREAT NIGHT PUNTING he flipped the field for us many times and Arman did a great job kicking as well of the 5 or 6 kick offs 2 or 3 went into the endzone of course we all would like for every one of them he is doing a great job of getting it close and the problems with the snap hold and kick on extra points has not been an issue as he has probably hit about 10 or more in a row

I think we will play oakland again next week and to be honest i dont like it not only are we playing our arch rival we are doing it 2 weeks in a row and that is tough to do

GO WARRIORS AND GET IT DONE

Dang it. Congrats to the warriors and Coach A on a good win and an undefeated season. That is quite an accomplishment. Oakland, don't hang your heads. Get ready for next week and and kick butt in the playoffs. We need to get the turnovers under control and the penalties. When you are young, those are sometimes tough to overcome. There is a bright future at OHS.

As for Riverdale, way to represent the district as #1. I listened to the game online and found myself rooting for Woodruff on his long 77 yd run. That kid is a player and seems to turn it up a notch in the 2nd half all the time. Davenport is a stud as well. Good luck in the playoffs. It sounds like there was a vocal crowd and I hope that continues for every team in the playoffs from Rutherford County.