District 9A

CoffeeBreak

And I disagree with yours. Every team plays without players due to injuries or sickness throughout the year. That's just part of it and you can't make excuses. I have nothing against Community and wish them well.

I totally agree with this post and I think in the long run having to play without Jake a few games will help us. However I disagree with the comment that our future is now. I think Community will be good for several years to come as well as now. Good Luck

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unionville has a good program this year, however strength of schedule will hurt them going down the stretch. They are 97 out of 111 teams. You cant play out of conferance games against teams like Cornersville Central Magnet and Aaron Academy and expect to improve. (Competition breeds sucess)They will fold down the stretch. As for Jake, good ball player but no where near great, not Athletic enough, just big.

I totally disagree with this post. Last night with Primm and Leverette hurt the Vikings played 6 Sophomores and 2 Juniors. This team is good for years to come. The Vikings have done well to beat Huntland at thier place and had several chances to beat forrest without Leverette. Friday night as usuall against our arch rivals will be fun and the gym will be packed. GO VIKINGS!

That would be 3 Juniors, Logan, Zach, Zeke, 1 Senior, Austin and 5 sophmores.Your future is now and it is running out.

2nd half of the season starts tonight.

Moore County visits Forrest

Cascade visits Community

MTCS visits Huntland

Fayetteville visits Eagleville

Average margin of victory in the district is just over 10 pts. Take out the 49 pt margin of victory between Community and Fayetteville and the average gets closer to 9 pts.

Safe travels to all tonight...

Unionville has a good program this year, however strength of schedule will hurt them going down the stretch. They are 97 out of 111 teams. You cant play out of conferance games against teams like Cornersville Central Magnet and Aaron Academy and expect to improve. (Competition breeds sucess)They will fold down the stretch. As for Jake, good ball player but no where near great, not Athletic enough, just big.

Jake has proven himself in the last year. I don't know how you could say he is not athletic enough when he has 3 people guarding him and still scoring 60-70 or more points any given week!!! Yes by far the best post player in 9A, ask any coach that has to defend him or the two kids from Cascade that fouled out working so hard to defend him tonight and kept sending him to the free throw line!! Yes he's big but I have for sure seen some just as big, don't hate because the KID can put the ball in the hole!!! As for the team, they are all working hard and working as a team, anytime you can start 5 and sub 5 and never miss a beat, that is something to be proud of! Got a feeling you will change your tune by the end of the season!! Good luck Vikings and keep pushing on, take all the negativity of the haters and use it for momentum!! The cream of the crop will rise to the top, BIG or SMALL!!!! :)

Nice win for the Vikings tonight as they beat Cascade by 20. Leverette was back and played well. Not to mention our 5 Sophomores played well also but with 3 juniors, and 5 Sophomores our future is now. (saracasm intended). Also Jake is Big but also athletic and by far the best post player in 9a.

You hit the nail on the head Unionvegas!!! I love to watch ALL of those kiddos.....Go vikings!!!

You hit the nail on the head Unionvegas!!! I love to watch ALL of those kiddos.....Go vikings!!!

Not hating on anyone, im just saying you want get very far after the district. In every game this year where you have had competition you have lost. You should beat Cascade. They Play 7 players every night, 5 sophmore, 1 junior and 1 senior no depth.

Jake has proven himself in the last year. I don't know how you could say he is not athletic enough when he has 3 people guarding him and still scoring 60-70 or more points any given week!!! Yes by far the best post player in 9A, ask any coach that has to defend him or the two kids from Cascade that fouled out working so hard to defend him tonight and kept sending him to the free throw line!! Yes he's big but I have for sure seen some just as big, don't hate because the KID can put the ball in the hole!!! As for the team, they are all working hard and working as a team, anytime you can start 5 and sub 5 and never miss a beat, that is something to be proud of! Got a feeling you will change your tune by the end of the season!! Good luck Vikings and keep pushing on, take all the negativity of the haters and use it for momentum!! The cream of the crop will rise to the top, BIG or SMALL!!!! :)

I agree with your post for the most part. If i were picking i would rather have the Fanning and Simmons kid. To me they are all around better than Jake.

9A Avg. thru 1/13/12

1. Jacob McClennan, Huntland Jr. 23 ppg / 30 three pointers

2. Derrick Spears, MTCS So. 21 ppg /

3. Ben Kelly, Eagleville Jr. 18 ppg / 40 three pointers

4. Mark Pope, C Hill Jr. 17 ppg / 34 three pointers

5. Jake Leverette, Unionville Sr. 16 ppg

6. Micah Farmer, MTCS Sr. 15 ppg

7. Clay Robertson, Huntland Sr. 14 ppg

8. Nick Hopkins, Fay 14 ppg / 35 three pointers

9. Will Holt, Cascade So. 12 ppg / 37 three pointers

10. Zach Williams, Moore Co. Sr. 12 ppg

I agree with your post for the most part. If i were picking i would rather have the Fanning and Simmons kid. To me they are all around better than Jake.

9A Avg. thru 1/13/12

1. Jacob McClennan, Huntland Jr. 23 ppg / 30 three pointers

2. Derrick Spears, MTCS So. 21 ppg /

3. Ben Kelly, Eagleville Jr. 18 ppg / 40 three pointers

4. Mark Pope, C Hill Jr. 17 ppg / 34 three pointers

5. Jake Leverette, Unionville Sr. 16 ppg

6. Micah Farmer, MTCS Sr. 15 ppg

7. Clay Robertson, Huntland Sr. 14 ppg

8. Nick Hopkins, Fay 14 ppg / 35 three pointers

9. Will Holt, Cascade So. 12 ppg / 37 three pointers

10. Zach Williams, Moore Co. Sr. 12 ppg