• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 Pickett County

#2 Clarkrange

#3 Clay County

#4 Jackson County

#5 Monterey

I believe Pickett County will still finish 1st reguardless of the coach being. They were a decent team last year and were young. Clay County and Jackson County lost basically their team in Godwin and Boles. When you have the district mvp on your team and you finish 4th in the district that tells me it is just a one man team and JC lost that one man team last year so I can see JC struggling this year.

Edited by swanson71

I know JC lost a lot but last year chemistry not there, but don't count Flynn out, he's had less talent before and is always in the mix.Pickett has most coming back but I give edge to Clarkrange,then Clay co. second and the reason same as JC last year depended too much on Trent great player but others will contribute more with him not there. Last year you stopped Godwin and Boles you win, this year more people to defend and even though individual players not as good may have a better team with more weapons to work with.Pickett with new coach third and JC and Monterey may knock off some of top three and end up in the mix.I wish boys bb was stronger in this district and region but right now its not and post season when we get there isn't pretty.

Does anyone know how many seniors are coming back for these teams?

I'm prety sure JC has 4 seniors this year. Two of them are players who weren't on the team last year. Clarkrange has the twins, the beaty kid, and i heard a post moved in from Crossville. PC has Roop and Ferrell. I'm not sure about Celina or Monterey. I know Monterey has the Castle kid, but i don't know the rest.

I been told that the Castle kid from Monterey can shoot the three from anywhere but he all they got.I saw one of the twin shoot in summer camp and he is a sure shot.JC the best i seen was the Ragland kid.P.C. i did not see nobody shoot the 3 Roop could be MVP if not the twin or Castle from Monterey time will tell new to 7A

Senator who is some of the good 3 point shooter in 7A and some of the good ball handler i am new to 7A boys basketball

the twins from c'range,castle from monterey ragland from jc and there's more but on some of those teams I'm not sure who graduated last year maybe roop and birdwell from pc and clay

#1 Pickett County

#2 Clarkrange

#3 Clay County

#4 Jackson County

#5 Monterey

I believe Pickett County will still finish 1st reguardless of the coach being. They were a decent team last year and were young. Clay County and Jackson County lost basically their team in Godwin and Boles. When you have the district mvp on your team and you finish 4th in the district that tells me it is just a one man team and JC lost that one man team last year so I can see JC struggling this year.

Swanny i won't argue with your selections at this time but let me correct you on a couple of things. First of all JC finished 1st in the district last year but yes we did finish 4th in the tournament, secondly JC's cupboard isn't bare they bring back 2 kids that can really help them this year in Jeret Goad and Ethan Kirby. Kirby will be the strongest post player in the district and he can also shoot the 3. Goad will be another player that will add a court presence and he too is a good player along with Ragland, McDowell, Brown, Jonathon Goad and Davidson this should be a good squad. Clay County will be tough as well. They lost Boles but they will still be a good team. I see District 7A being a toss up this year and the tournament will be fun to watch. Since i'm no longer coaching i will be attending different games all over the UC and i'm sure i will see you at one or two! have a good one young man

Edited by devilfanatic

Well when I said JC finished 4th I meant the tournament because that is when it counts. That shows how even the district was last year because JC did finished 1st in the season and ended up finishing 4th in the tournament. I believe the Clay County team in 2005-06 was the last time we had a clear favorite in this district, and every year after that it's been a toss up between the other teams in the district. The only reason I picked Pickett, and i'm relucant doing it because they did lose their coach, is because they returned quite a bit of talent and did win 7a last year...and they are always their playing for it too.

How come you've stopped coaching? When your son graduated did you just decide to call it quits? If you want to come to some RBS games i'm sure we can find you some bright red for you wear, I bet even Larry will sell you a t-shirt for half price :roflol: