Obion is calling the game bc of Rain

sonofmandingo

P.S. How many people from around the world tune in to the Super Bowl or NCAA Football Championship as opposed to your so called Wimbledon?

nielsen ratings...super bowl...90+ million

wimbledon in its prime 8 million

who brings in more for attendance...A total of 103,219 crammed into Cowboys Stadium to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers, missing the record by 766.

of course its a 1 day event...wimbledon is a 13 day event that avgs 40k a day in attendance...neat

the fist fight thing made no sense once again...just a random tangent that u cant convert to the text...bigger is not always better...ask adamsville once the playoffs start...technique is more important than size...speed kills...but is easily nuetralized with once again...technique...

blame obion all u want with whatever claims u want...dyersburg prolly isnt gona win this game...all this talk about their amazing defense and how they held covington to 8 points at the half or whatever...also need to realize that the trojans couldnt score on that same convington team that obion dropped 36 on...

i dont care for the rebels...or much of any team in 13AA...but obion wins this game big...by at least 3 TDs

Its been awhile since I posted on CoachT. There is a contract between the two schools. Obion did have the power to change the game date. I am wondering why did they schedule it on Thursday Night in the first place. I'm sure there was a reason to do so. The change of the day from Thursday to Friday really has caused big scheduling problems especially if you work in the Nashville area and were trying to make the game. Many years ago Brentwood Academy was to play at David Lipscomb...it was a heavy rain all day all afternoon and all night. BA wanted to move the game to Saturday night to play..Lipscomb wanted to go on and play..didn't matter about the gate..Lipscomb wanted to ground it out all night. Long run...BA won 6-0. BA wasn't able to run up the score that night. Lipscomb, a much weaker team played with BA all night. Still planning on being at the game on Friday Night.

Its been awhile since I posted on CoachT. There is a contract between the two schools. Obion did have the power to change the game date. I am wondering why did they schedule it on Thursday Night in the first place. I'm sure there was a reason to do so. The change of the day from Thursday to Friday really has caused big scheduling problems especially if you work in the Nashville area and were trying to make the game. Many years ago Brentwood Academy was to play at David Lipscomb...it was a heavy rain all day all afternoon and all night. BA wanted to move the game to Saturday night to play..Lipscomb wanted to go on and play..didn't matter about the gate..Lipscomb wanted to ground it out all night. Long run...BA won 6-0. BA wasn't able to run up the score that night. Lipscomb, a much weaker team played with BA all night. Still planning on being at the game on Friday Night.

By scheduling it on Thursday coaches could go scout potential playoff matchups on Friday. Only reason I could see.

Edited by dcballas

This is not a suprsie to many. To start the season..the game was to have been played on a Friday...then moved to a Thursday due to making the T$$AA money. Then the "weather" factor came into play. Why ? This is football folks. Senior night or not..the game should have been played. Now, if severe weather, lightning or tornadoes were to be in the forecast...thatnis one thing for safety but now rains..some wind, somewhat a little cooler and a somewhat wet field ? This is all a Coach Jackson move. What if there was rain in the forecast Friday night...would they have postponed ? NOPE !! The Rebels are ticked because they could be a 9 - 1 team and play in Memphis first round or 8 - 2 and play on the road in Dyersburg. This all fits into a coach Jackson theory of onside kicking in a game your up 50 - 0 at the half....playing Haywood Co...50 - 0 at the half and not playing your second string D. It is his way or the highway and the administration is not going to question a coach who has brough their team from the cellar to the top....just the way it is. Their crowd would have been big either way...other school kids, coaches and football fans in general would have come but not now..they accually hurt their gate tonight. Also...I believe it is a scouting thing...coach Jackson didn't realize when the game was moved to a Thursday night...he would be possible 9 - 1 or 8 - 2. Now he is and is doing what he thinks is his way. Now, you know for sure the school principle or school's system's head man did come to him and say, " coach, if I was you, I would move the game"...this all came from Jackson....he is just that way.

This is not a suprsie to many. To start the season..the game was to have been played on a Friday...then moved to a Thursday due to making the T$$AA money. Then the "weather" factor came into play. Why ? This is football folks. Senior night or not..the game should have been played. Now, if severe weather, lightning or tornadoes were to be in the forecast...thatnis one thing for safety but now rains..some wind, somewhat a little cooler and a somewhat wet field ? This is all a Coach Jackson move. What if there was rain in the forecast Friday night...would they have postponed ? NOPE !! The Rebels are ticked because they could be a 9 - 1 team and play in Memphis first round or 8 - 2 and play on the road in Dyersburg. This all fits into a coach Jackson theory of onside kicking in a game your up 50 - 0 at the half....playing Haywood Co...50 - 0 at the half and not playing your second string D. It is his way or the highway and the administration is not going to question a coach who has brough their team from the cellar to the top....just the way it is. Their crowd would have been big either way...other school kids, coaches and football fans in general would have come but not now..they accually hurt their gate tonight. Also...I believe it is a scouting thing...coach Jackson didn't realize when the game was moved to a Thursday night...he would be possible 9 - 1 or 8 - 2. Now he is and is doing what he thinks is his way. Now, you know for sure the school principle or school's system's head man did come to him and say, " coach, if I was you, I would move the game"...this all came from Jackson....he is just that way.

Come on man everyone in Rebelville will be all upset if you dont show up!!!!!LOL

No ignorant is postponing a game because of rain (or the threat of rain).

---------------------------------------------------------

I agree..not nearly enough rain has fallen to postpone Any football game..seriously its all about Jackson not wanting to play in the rain..most likely he cares less about other events that were/are scheduled !! its to do with Rebs style of offense..bet it was a long nite for Obion in Troy last nite figuring out what to do about this wet stuff falling from the skies / this is most absurd reason for not playing Ive ever heard...

?? is whats he going to do next week or wweeks after should they advance in playoffs if it rains ?? ....answer is he'll Have to play !!

Edited by DHSFB64

When you set a game to a date then I do not feel that you should be allowed to change the date of that game unless lightning or death is the cause.

Sickness to a key player or wet playing surface is not a valid excuse. I don't care how much it affects the gate revenue. When you set a date then that should be final.

If I were coaching Dyersburg I would make Obion forfeit the game before I allowed the date to be moved to tomorrow night.

I usually read all the posts before adding my two cents worth,but I cant wait to agree 100% about this issue.A classless,chickenhearted attempt to better his teams chances is all that can be read into this,and dont play the money card on this one,it's an insult to any football fans IQ.This game is essentally a playoff game and the fans would/will be there regardless.Coach Stowe didn't like the game being on Thursday to begin with,but didn't argue,just accepted that it was Obions call as it is their home game.I've NEVER heard of a game being postponed from rain(not lightning,just rain).Last I heard,the principals were still talking(not official),but I'm with 'howdoitknow2',we'd play,or Obion would forefit.

I usually read all the posts before adding my two cents worth,but I cant wait to agree 100% about this issue.A classless,chickenhearted attempt to better his teams chances is all that can be read into this,and dont play the money card on this one,it's an insult to any football fans IQ.This game is essentally a playoff game and the fans would/will be there regardless.Coach Stowe didn't like the game being on Thursday to begin with,but didn't argue,just accepted that it was Obions call as it is their home game.I've NEVER heard of a game being postponed from rain(not lightning,just rain).Last I heard,the principals were still talking(not official),but I'm with 'howdoitknow2',we'd play,or Obion would forefit.

---------------------------------------------------------

First :thumb: Great post by 'howdoitknow2' and your 2cents on classless ,money ,better attempt of Jackson's team winning ,last but main point forfeiting !!..however to credit Stowe's character intergity he isnt an A++ like Jackson..yall will see other games scheduled for tonite will play..

Edited by DHSFB64

When you set a game to a date then I do not feel that you should be allowed to change the date of that game unless lightning or death is the cause.

Sickness to a key player or wet playing surface is not a valid excuse. I don't care how much it affects the gate revenue. When you set a date then that should be final.

If I were coaching Dyersburg I would make Obion forfeit the game before I allowed the date to be moved to tomorrow night.

Agree, I thought the same thing as an above poster when read the excuse of reduced gate theory. If they play they'll come, who knows could be worse tomorrow and many fans of other teams were coming tonight that wont tomorrow when their team is playing. Somebody is copping out. Sorta like their defense skarred and they don't wonna get wet. This is supposed to be football people. I guess yall can play with flags Saturday.

Not to mention all the family and friends, for BOTH schools, that had to make special arangements to be at the Thursday night game. Travel plans, work schedules that have to be changed and hopefully there will not be any parents missing their kid's final game of football, cheering or band because they can not adapt to the stupid changing of the date at the last minute. Black eye for the OC administration.