Marion County's next head coach

Rabble Rouser

The word around the valley is that Marion will offer the head coaching job to South Pitt assistant Wesley Stone. It makes sense, considering the guy went five years without losing a game as the middle school coach and won like seven SVC championships in a row. It would hurt their biggest rival by taking one of Vic's best assistant coaches and Stone also has a real good relationship with a lot of the kids who should be playing in Jasper anyway, so I bet a lot of them would go with him and help get that program turned back around. Plus he's got about six young sons coming up that are all good athletes, so they would look good in purple, running the veer at QB.

He obviously knows his stuff and maybe a young, energetic coach is what they need.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The word around the valley is that Marion will offer the head coaching job to South Pitt assistant Wesley Stone. It makes sense, considering the guy went five years without losing a game as the middle school coach and won like seven SVC championships in a row. It wold hurt their biggest rival by taking one of Vic's best assistant coaches and Stone also has a real good relationship with a lot of the kids who should be playing in Jasper anyway, so I bet a lot of them would go with him and help get that program turned back around. Plus he's got about six young sons coming up that are all good athletes, so they would look good in purple, running the veer at QB.

He obviously knows his stuff and maybe a young, energetic coach is what they need.

I can't imagine anyone from that family wearing purple....I will believe it when I see it!

There is no way Coach Stone leaves S.Pitt, specially for Jasper, one son will be a senior and has S.Pitt baseball on the map. The kids who once went to Jasper for baseball are now staying home and playing for him.

Jake has orange pumping through his veins. It would take one heck of a transfusion to replace it with purple. I would play against my dad's team before I would do that. :roflol:

I can't imagine anyone from that family wearing purple....I will believe it when I see it!

Papa Johnny in a PURPLE "Fence Jumper" tee shirt...oh my.

Coach Stone would make a fine candidate for the MC position. Should mesh well with Coach K also. It would take some of the drama away from the post game "Head Coach Hand Shake".

Edited by Al Capone

Papa Johnny in a PURPLE "Fence Jumper" tee shirt...oh my.

Coach Stone would make a fine candidate for the MC position. Should mesh well with Coach K also. It would take some of the drama away from the post game "Head Coach Hand Shake".

:roflolk: I can't imagine that happening and def not the purple shirt :roflol:

Can't see it coming to realization though...Most would jump at the opportunity but isn't he the Head Baseba coach already?!? I mean his oldest has another year so I don't think the timing is right...If it was next year and he was offered then maybe...Maybe....Still don't think u see that purple shirt though :roflolk: