PLAYOFF TIME!

Bill#49

Satterfield was a class act and I wonder what GB would have done the past couple of years with him at the helm.

Coach Satterfield is at Sequoyah now. He played at Lanier High School in Blount County I believe. Then started coaching at Lenoir City, then Vonore, then Greenback, tried at a private school in Knoxville for a couple years and then back to Monroe County with Sequoyah.

His boy is the offensive coordinator at UTC. Marcus Satterfield.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Satterfield is at Sequoyah now. He played at Lanier High School in Blount County I believe. Then started coaching at Lenoir City, then Vonore, then Greenback, tried at a private school in Knoxville for a couple years and then back to Monroe County with Sequoyah.

I believe he was the head coach at Grace Christian before he went to Sequoyah.

I guess he crossed paths with Ron Summey along the way.

I guess he crossed paths with Ron Summey along the way.

Funny how things happen. :roflol: Coach Summey played football at Vonore in the mid 70's, really good player to. UT sent a scout down to see if he could play for them. They were playing Tellico I think and on one particular play Coach Summey got cheap shoted and he got up and very preciously put his cleat in the face mask of that young man. So I have been told. UT scout got up told the Coach Gregory that he would never play for the Vols. Coach Summey signed and played college football at Tennessee Tech. Graduated from there and his first coaching job was with Coach Grider SR. at South Pittsburg. He stayed at SP for 5 years and came back to coach at Vonore for two years replacing Coach Satterfield. Then moved on to Maryville High School, then to Sequoyah. After a couple of years Coach Satterfield replaced Coach Summey at Sequoyah. :thumb: