Play Off Bracket

rollbigred1

I would say the majority of followers of DII football are skeptical that BA is capable of winning big games. The last 4 years are full of losses that should have never happened. BA has arguably had more talent than any team over that span, and have found a way to beat themselves more often than losing outright to a superior team. Maybe this year it will be different.

Arguably? They have had and have today more talent to this day than any other team but they have a big coaching deficiency. THe results prove that with every big game they play. People in the stands last yr vs ensworth would have made better calls. Ensworth or Baylor - although bowers will be hard to outsmart - BA won't do it

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.A. Seems to have an easier road, doings round should be easy, and I think they won't have much trouble with my CBHS guys, we lost one of our better players the other night, which won't make much difference. B.A. Could make the finals easy. Don't take the boys at MUS lightly, they are playing well right now. I don't understand the weakness of the west teams lately, not including MUS. CBHS has lacked size in the last few years, and doesn't use what they have and that's numbers.

Edited by brothers

I know a lot of the D2 schools have streaming video programs that they produce during the regular season. Does anybody know if the TSSAA will allow them to produce them during the playoffs? Will The TSSAA do anything in their place or just make you go to the games so they can generate more revenue?

The webcast of Father Ryan vs. St. Benedict at Auburndale in Cordova on Friday will be audio only, even though Cordova is nearly a four hour drive from Nashville. I presume that is true for the rest of the broadcast teams, and I've heard nothing about the TSSAA doing any online streaming of the playoffs this year.

The webcast of Father Ryan vs. St. Benedict at Auburndale in Cordova on Friday will be audio only, even though Cordova is nearly a four hour drive from Nashville. I presume that is true for the rest of the broadcast teams, and I've heard nothing about the TSSAA doing any online streaming of the playoffs this year.

Lest this "four hour drive" deter anybody, it actually is closer to 2 3/4 hours if you drive the speed limit and don't have any delays or stops. SBA is just off/south of the Germantown Road exit on the far northeast (Nashville) side of Memphis. You barely cross the city limits.

The coaches, in their preseason poll, which seems like yesterday, picked:

1. Ensworth

2. BA

3. Baylor

4. MBA

5. BGA

6. Ryan

7. McCallie

8. JP2

They hit it pretty well as the teams finished as follows:

1. Baylor

2. Ensworth

3. BA

4. BGA

5. MBA

6. McCallie

7. Ryan

8. JP2

Where did the summer and fall go?

The coaches, in their preseason poll, which seems like yesterday, picked:

1. Ensworth

2. BA

3. Baylor

4. MBA

5. BGA

6. Ryan

7. McCallie

8. JP2

They hit it pretty well as the teams finished as follows:

1. Baylor

2. Ensworth

3. BA

4. BGA

5. MBA

6. McCallie

7. Ryan

8. JP2

Don't think it took the coaches too long to fill out those preseason picks. Most 8, 9 and 10 year olds would have picked that order too. I'm going out on the limb and say that the 2011 preseason pick will hold up for the 2012 season too.

Don't think it took the coaches too long to fill out those preseason picks. Most 8, 9 and 10 year olds would have picked that order too. I'm going out on the limb and say that the 2011 preseason pick will hold up for the 2012 season too.

Agree...the talent in the pipeline, particularly at BA and E is impressive. Hats of to the recruiting. Where do they keep finding these students?

Lest this "four hour drive" deter anybody, it actually is closer to 2 3/4 hours if you drive the speed limit and don't have any delays or stops. SBA is just off/south of the Germantown Road exit on the far northeast (Nashville) side of Memphis. You barely cross the city limits.

If you're going to quote me, at least keep it in context: "nearly a four hour drive" and a "four hour drive" aren't the same thing. It's 197 miles from Nashville to Cordova as per Google Maps. We made it there in about 3 1/2 hours, though that included a stop for a late lunch in Jackson.

Father Ryan didn't have as many fans make the trip for the game as I had hoped they would -- perhaps my claim of it being nearly a four hour drive scared them away. :roll:

Results from tonight's four II-AA first round games:

#7-E/M Father Ryan 17, #3-W St. Benedict 0

#6-E/M McCallie 24, #4-E/M BGA 17

#5-E/M MBA 40, #4-W Briarcrest 14

#3-E/M Brentwood Academy 48, #8-E/M Pope John Paul II 21

Quarterfinal matchups for 11/11/11:

#7-E/M Father Ryan at #2-E/M Ensworth

#6-E/M McCallie at #1-W MUS (calculate your own travel time for that one, McCallie fans)

#5-E/M MBA at #1-E/M Baylor

#3-E/M Brentwood Academy at #2-W Christian Brothers

If you're going to quote me, at least keep it in context: "nearly a four hour drive" and a "four hour drive" aren't the same thing. It's 197 miles from Nashville to Cordova as per Google Maps. We made it there in about 3 1/2 hours, though that included a stop for a late lunch in Jackson.

Father Ryan didn't have as many fans make the trip for the game as I had hoped they would -- perhaps my claim of it being nearly a four hour drive scared them away. :roll:

Results from tonight's four II-AA first round games:

#7-E/M Father Ryan 17, #3-W St. Benedict 0

#6-E/M McCallie 24, #4-E/M BGA 17

#5-E/M MBA 40, #4-W Briarcrest 14

#3-E/M Brentwood Academy 48, #8-E/M Pope John Paul II 21

Quarterfinal matchups for 11/11/11:

#7-E/M Father Ryan at #2-E/M Ensworth

#6-E/M McCallie at #1-W MUS (calculate your own travel time for that one, McCallie fans)

#5-E/M MBA at #1-E/M Baylor

#3-E/M Brentwood Academy at #2-W Christian Brothers

Just what is your point? Nearly a 4 hour drive is still inaccurate. You made it in 3 1/2 hours with a stop for lunch! AAA Trip Tik has the trip from one campus to another listed as 197 miles with an ESTIMATED DRIVING TIME OF 2 HOURS and 57 MINUTES. Drive the speed limit, mostly 65-70, as I stated, with no stops or delays and you approach 2 hrs and 45 minutes. Moreover, I have driven said route in said time dozens of times. So again, what's your point? Answer: none. You're just being a wiseacre. BTW did you or your mom do the driving?

Edited by owlbooster