Giles travels to DeKalb Co

WiseOldManGiles

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not writing them off but I did notice that DeKalb Co has not beat a team with a winning record. Best they have done is beaten two teams with 5-5 record. They did put up 30 points on undefeated Smithville.

What I am concerned with the most at this point is our bus making it all the way up there. I sure wish the coach would allow us parents to drive the boys. The only reason we have managed away games thus far is because we've been within 1.5 hours of our opponents.....when we drove that far the darn thing was smoking and sputtering like crazy. It cooled off during the game allowing the thing to start and probably wouldn't have if they didnt park it on that hill. That was the night the boys got home about two in the morning because the bus quit running in Columbia and they had to let it cool off for about an hour.

Smithville is Dekalb Co. And talk about backwoods i have family that lives there seems like they are a couple years behind.But its a nice town.Especially during the fiddlers jamboree.

Edited by bobcat93

Smithville is Dekalb Co. And talk about backwoods i have family that lives there seems like they are a couple years behind.But its a nice town.Especially during the fiddlers jamboree.

Hmmmm......well there you go. That may explain a lot of questions we had about you 93. :roflol:

Looking at the map there is really no easy way to get there is it? We plan to leave out early from down here, you know in case we run into a sasquatch or just get lost on the plateau. Are ther any good eating places up there?

Hmmmm......well there you go. That may explain a lot of questions we had about you 93. :roflol:

Looking at the map there is really no easy way to get there is it? We plan to leave out early from down here, you know in case we run into a sasquatch or just get lost on the plateau. Are ther any good eating places up there?

Ha ha very funny.No actually that was pretty funny.I would go 840 all the way to 40 then get off on

Lebenon/Watertown exit.That's probably the easiest.I would recommend eating in Lebanon because all Smithville has is like Mickey d's and pizza hut.

Edited by bobcat93

I doubt you want Dairy Queen, Sonic, McDonalds, Bumpers, Pizza Hut, Hardees etc. That's pretty much all you will find aside from some diners in town that are alright, but nothing spectacular. I'd eat on the way.

Also, Massey ratings has DeKalb winning 28-21. That doesn't always mean anything, but it's about what I was thinking if we play well. I have no clue, but I can't wait until Friday to just see how it turns out.

Edited by TigerPride23

I doubt you want Dairy Queen, Sonic, McDonalds, Bumpers, Pizza Hut, Hardees etc. That's pretty much all you will find aside from some diners in town that are alright, but nothing spectacular. I'd eat on the way.

Also, Massey ratings has DeKalb winning 28-21. That doesn't always mean anything, but it's about what I was thinking if we play well. I have no clue, but I can't wait until Friday to just see how it turns out.

Good luck to Dekalb...