Liberty Tech vs Macon County

libtech

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Liberty
    • Macon County

i will say the coach has done a great job with liberty. They are easily the most athletic team we see. He is a standup guy, when he made a mistake he will stand up and say i messsed up not many coaches do that. Liberty plays a tough schedule each year. i would not hate on that guy at all.

Exactly! Liberty don't have a coaching problem at all! Liberty gave up 17 points to Chester in the first half and a 100 yards to phleps! Second half 20 yards to Phelps and 0 points to Chester! Great coaches make adjustments and Hookfin does that!

Sounds like Liberty has themselves a coaching controversy also. That was MC the years before Pemberton got here, and we could be right back to that point if he decides to leave.

there is no coaching contraversy whatsoever...believe that...some ppl wana talk junk because he turned the program into a winning one...i went to this guys page and saw some of his other posts...in 1 he says..."wins/losses are what makes a good coach"...something along those lines...

well guy...hooks win/loss record is pretty dang good not only at liberty but everywhere else hes been...hes goin nowhere unless he decides it...no one at the school has even thought about another person running the show...

i know what i think this is about...and if u continue to post junk like that im gona run u through the mill...be happy for others success...be happy he turned that program around and made them respectable...be happy he doesnt let thugs and trouble-makers run the show...he is fully in charge...on and off the field...u dont see our boys makin headlines in the papers for anything other than football...

there is no comparison between hookfins teams and the teams of yesteryear...they are respectful outside the lines and handle their business between them...just as u would encourage any athlete to do...

ppl try to say were undisciplined...were very physical...a lot of teams cant handle that...but if ull go look up the stats...we dont get nearly as many unsportsmanlike conduct penalties or personal fouls like our opponents do...no doubt we have a few on the year...but nothing like what gets thrown at the other sideline

our penalties are holding calls...and we get plenty...but that doesnt mean we need a new freakin coach!!!

im so sick and tired of readin this crap...u think u could do a better job...go apply...maybe theyll put the interview on tv and we can all watch burkes and murray laugh in ur face...

who from jackson is better than hookfin...he missed the playoffs his 1st season...been in it ever since...liberty was God-awful before he got there...

TECH has never had the best qb in jackson...has never even come close to being the biggest team in jackson...has had 1 tremendously outstanding rb and he didnt even get state-wide recognition so he must not of been that good right??? never had any WRs of merit...and how many graduates are actually playing college ball...very very few...but u wana hang it all on the coach...

those kids compete...which they didnt do before he got there...they dont get into trouble at school at nearly the same rate they did before he showed up with discipline principles at practice...he makes sure they do their schoolwork and follow dress code...

the head coach is not inbetween the lines making plays...he calls the plays...this isnt a scrimmage where he stands behind them and puts them all in the right place every snap...

theres a reason ur posting that junk on coacht instead of coaching urself on friday nights and saturdays im sure... :hungry: i just ate u for lunch bia

Not sure what this crap post is trying to say.........I can not read this mess!!

Not sure what this crap post is trying to say.........I can not read this mess!!

we know u cant read...or think...or be a positive asset to our community...ur a negative nancy who is jealous of others and unhappy with his/her own life...im sorry the 99% of us are over ur head

no one goes around knockin ur coach for only runnin 4 plays a game...cause thats all it is...4 plays...but theyre run perfectly...different style...great results...

Edited by dhstennis

The Macon team that week,has always been there,just on a choker chain,running the same 4 plays,week after week,turn your talent loose.Macon has as much talent as they have ever had.Just like when we played,get behind 14,then open up the offense,but its to late then.Keep the ball away,may work,if Macons D was better.So you wanted the team that played Goodpasture,then play to outscore Liberty Tech,just like the game plan was in week 3.Good luck Tigers..TC1

I agree with this statement Smack. I watched these kids for Macon in junior highschool. Grace was a great quarterback for the spread offense. The toe to toe splits whle running the wing t is very easy to stop if you ask me. I watched Macon play Westmoreland this year wandering why they didnt pass more. Hope you enjoy playing in the playoffs this year because from what I have seen Macon will not be back for a while with the talent they have coming up through the younger ranks. Especially after this seasons sophmore class. Without more imagination within the offensive game plan up there, they will go no where in 4a not to mention the redistricting year after next. Dont forget Macon is getting pretty large. Unless they pull a Trousdale county and kick some students out to stay in a lower division they could move up to 5a.

I agree with this statement Smack. I watched these kids for Macon in junior highschool. Grace was a great quarterback for the spread offense. The toe to toe splits whle running the wing t is very easy to stop if you ask me. I watched Macon play Westmoreland this year wandering why they didnt pass more. Hope you enjoy playing in the playoffs this year because from what I have seen Macon will not be back for a while with the talent they have coming up through the younger ranks. Especially after this seasons sophmore class. Without more imagination within the offensive game plan up there, they will go no where in 4a not to mention the redistricting year after next. Dont forget Macon is getting pretty large. Unless they pull a Trousdale county and kick some students out to stay in a lower division they could move up to 5a.

Is it your life goal to constantly get on the computer and bash MC. Seems like last weeks loss still has you scratching your head. Fortunately for MC, they have bigger fish to fry this week in a very athletic and fast Liberty team that is gonna present challenges for the Tigers. Macon might not win, but thats 2 years in they have advanced and you have been sitting at home on the couch watching Hawaii vs. Lousiana-Lafayette.

Is it your life goal to constantly get on the computer and bash MC. Seems like last weeks loss still has you scratching your head. Fortunately for MC, they have bigger fish to fry this week in a very athletic and fast Liberty team that is gonna present challenges for the Tigers. Macon might not win, but thats 2 years in they have advanced and you have been sitting at home on the couch watching Hawaii vs. Lousiana-Lafayette.

That's the only advantage in not being in the playoffs. You can set and bash the surrounding teams. Let us all have some fun for peat sakes. You have to admit you agree with me alittle on my last post about Macon's offense. Anybody who watched Grace throughout his career knows he needs to pass 70 percent of the time on offense for Macon to be successful. Maybe Pemberton is trying to keep the weak defense off the field as long as possible.

That's the only advantage in not being in the playoffs. You can set and bash the surrounding teams. Let us all have some fun for peat sakes. You have to admit you agree with me alittle on my last post about Macon's offense. Anybody who watched Grace throughout his career knows he needs to pass 70 percent of the time on offense for Macon to be successful. Maybe Pemberton is trying to keep the weak defense off the field as long as possible.

Yeah I agree. I am just talking smack. I been wanting to use the friday night Hawaii joke all week and this was the perfect opportunity. I do wish they would throw it more, but Pemberton believes in clock control grinding it out. I have heard that Westmorelands soph's that are gonna be juniors and their 8th grade class is loaded. Any truth to this?