Centennial at Tullahoma

binns37388

Centennial travels to Tullahoma Friday night in a 5A 1st round playoff game featuring teams with a lot of momentum. The Cougars are on a 4 game winning streak and the Wildcats finished the season with 7 straight wins. This will be one of the best 1st round playoff games in the state. Centennial is 6-4 with all four losses coming to 6A teams. The Cougars play in District 11AAA, one of the toughest districts in the state with Independence, Franklin and Brentwood. They played those 3 teams really close. Tullahoma is 8-2, losing at Cookeville and Columbia, both district champions. Tullahoma is undefeated at home this season. The winner of this game will play the winner of Lenoir City at Columbia. Tullahoma is a well balanced offensive team with running backs Trey Burks and Montrell Berry and a outstanding senior QB in Jared Davis. Both teams seem to be peaking at the right time. The Cats defense is fast and tough with great senior leadership. Centennial beat Shelbyville 35-7 a week ago Friday, but the Golden Eagles played without their best player in Marquis Morton. Kickoff is 7pm with a capacity crowd expected. The game will be broadcast live on 101.5FM with myself and Scott Shasteen. You can also listen on fantasyradio.com and local Charter channel 6.

Cougars already spanked one of the leaders in this district...Hogan will take the Cougars to continue their winning ways. :popcorneater:

One of the leaders in the district? Shelbyville finished 3rd in District 8.

When CHS met SCHS the Eagles didn't play their stud. Don't let the Sville score fool ya.

Tullahoma is well balanced with a couple of stud players.

It's going to be a tall order for the Cougars to knock off the Wildcats.

When CHS met SCHS the Eagles didn't play their stud. Don't let the Sville score fool ya.

If one guy is worth 28 points, he must be a stud.

Going on the road in the playoffs is never easy so that gives THS an obvious edge. However, Centennial will likely play well and make it a competitive game.

If one guy is worth 28 points, he must be a stud.

Going on the road in the playoffs is never easy so that gives THS an obvious edge. However, Centennial will likely play well and make it a competitive game.

I'm not saying he was worth a total of 28 points but...

1) He changes the pace and momentum of a game.

2) He racks up the yards on the ground which keeps the chains moving, the clock moving, and the other team's offense off the field.

3) He definitely would have altered the game tremendously.

Anyways...

T-Cats by 21.

Dan the Man...you just picked 3rd place Brentwood to beat Indy, so you yourself must know the power of 3.

The all mighty Columbia, who got their hat handed to them by Baylor...a Hogan special call, beat the Walking Horse team 49-48 and beat Tullahoma 13-10, so Hogan would say this is a closely contested district and 3rd ain't tooo bad.

Centennial is coming fast with a great coaching staff and playing in a district with good AAA, not great AAA teams. The Cougars will give Tullahoma all they want and more. :popcorneater:

If the bookies in Las Vegas put out a line on tenn high school playoff games, I think Centennial would be about a 4pt favorite. The TSSAA bracket in 5A shows Sullivan South with an 8-2 record and a #3 seed, when actually they went 6-4. I wonder if that mistake would have changed the quads?

good i'm not the only person who saw it

they even said south was 8-2 on the radio show saturday mourning

it would be a losing battle so don't even try

Dan the Man...you just picked 3rd place Brentwood to beat Indy, so you yourself must know the power of 3.

The all mighty Columbia, who got their hat handed to them by Baylor...a Hogan special call, beat the Walking Horse team 49-48 and beat Tullahoma 13-10, so Hogan would say this is a closely contested district and 3rd ain't tooo bad.

Centennial is coming fast with a great coaching staff and playing in a district with good AAA, not great AAA teams. The Cougars will give Tullahoma all they want and more. :popcorneater:

Interesting attempt but District 8 and District 11 are not comparable.

If the bookies in Las Vegas put out a line on tenn high school playoff games, I think Centennial would be about a 4pt favorite.

I realize you work for a Tullahoma radio station (and do a fine job I might add) and may want your guys to feel like the world is against them to play the role of the underdog... but Centennial a 4pt favorite?

C'mon man! :roflol: