what happened to wartburg?!

Spidey

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they were playing in a bowl game.... they done screwed around and won an got thrown into the play offs!

Thanks sun-not-so-bright

I tried to make a post on this but the site was messed up.

Was anyone at the game that can shed some light onto what happened? I heard Sunbright's QB may not have played, and my only other theory is Sunbright rested some players. Other than that, they just got beat somehow, but they were on a roll and playing great.

Also, Wartburg was playing wout one of their better players due to an ejection the week before.

No Sunbright had all there players playing there all state QB showed his self on the side lines after the game Wartburg was the one short handed 3-4 starters out and one that quit the team last week Wartburg had a game plan and the kids stuck to it Wartburg ran the ball more than normal and never would snap the ball until the 5 second count was on just like you would do a team that run's up and down the floor in basketball slow it down keep your self in the game

No Sunbright had all there players playing there all state QB showed his self on the side lines after the game Wartburg was the one short handed 3-4 starters out and one that quit the team last week Wartburg had a game plan and the kids stuck to it Wartburg ran the ball more than normal and never would snap the ball until the 5 second count was on just like you would do a team that run's up and down the floor in basketball slow it down keep your self in the game

OLDSCHOOL You are dead on with your post. The kids really bought into the game plan that the coaches put in. Coach Ellison was really hearing it from some of the fans during the game for all the run plays that were being called and for milking the clock. The best way to beat a high powerd offence is to keep them off the field that was what Wartburg did. I don't want to leave out the defence, best defencive outing I seen all year good game plan on the defencive side of the ball as well. Good Luck in the Playoffs!!

Old School, Wartburg had a kid that quit LAST WEEK? Are you kidding me? Why on earth any kid would quit that late in the season is beyond me!! But anyway, it sounds like the dogs just had a really good game plan and executed it to a tee. For that reason, I think they deserve to be in the playoffs. I think that Wartburg will have their hands full once again with OS' great running attack; but let's just line it up and play and see what happens. BTW, what did the Sunbright QB do?

Old School, Wartburg had a kid that quit LAST WEEK? Are you kidding me? Why on earth any kid would quit that late in the season is beyond me!! But anyway, it sounds like the dogs just had a really good game plan and executed it to a tee. For that reason, I think they deserve to be in the playoffs. I think that Wartburg will have their hands full once again with OS' great running attack; but let's just line it up and play and see what happens. BTW, what did the Sunbright QB do?

jesse england was 3 f0r 21 for 64 yards and 1 interception if my memory serves me right congrats to the dawgs n good luck to all morgan county teams in the playoffs

jesse england was 3 f0r 21 for 64 yards and 1 interception if my memory serves me right congrats to the dawgs n good luck to all morgan county teams in the playoffs

Gobey, actually I was asking Old School what England did on the sideline after the game. He said he "showed himself", so I was just curious.

Gobey, actually I was asking Old School what England did on the sideline after the game. He said he "showed himself", so I was just curious.

I don't know was just told the coach's had to calm him down after the game from what I have been told some of the coaching staff and players thought all they had to do is show up and the game would be won by the Tigers bottom line is you better not take a team like Wartburg lightly they have some talent on the field they have had to play behind last years senior's so they don't have alot of on the field experience but can upset you

I don't know was just told the coach's had to calm him down after the game from what I have been told some of the coaching staff and players thought all they had to do is show up and the game would be won by the Tigers bottom line is you better not take a team like Wartburg lightly they have some talent on the field they have had to play behind last years senior's so they don't have alot of on the field experience but can upset you

That's exactly what happened. All Sunbright did was just show up. They ripped right through O.S. and took Oneida out with little struggle. They were all overlooking Wartburg because of there record and there inexperience. Another big problem they had this week is they completely looked past the Wartburg game. All the players could see was the fact that they'll have possible redemption at Coalfield in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs and plus all the players were worried about was getting a chance to play South Pittsburg since they are in Quad 1 now. When you don't focus on the task at hand, that's what happens. You get upset. Wartburgs defense wasn't that great, if you watch the film you will see the Sunbright Receivers all had very bad games. England may have been 3-24, but about 9 of those passes hit the Sunbright Receivers in the hands and chest.

That's exactly what happened. All Sunbright did was just show up. They ripped right through O.S. and took Oneida out with little struggle. They were all overlooking Wartburg because of there record and there inexperience. Another big problem they had this week is they completely looked past the Wartburg game. All the players could see was the fact that they'll have possible redemption at Coalfield in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs and plus all the players were worried about was getting a chance to play South Pittsburg since they are in Quad 1 now. When you don't focus on the task at hand, that's what happens. You get upset. Wartburgs defense wasn't that great, if you watch the film you will see the Sunbright Receivers all had very bad games. England may have been 3-24, but about 9 of those passes hit the Sunbright Receivers in the hands and chest.

Well, I was at the game and saw two things that really put Sunbright on their heels. One, there was weather that hurt the throwing game. Two, Wartburg played man coverage most of the night and that tight coverage prevented most of the big plays. On the contrary Wartburg holding an offensive team like Sunbright to 6 points is a great defensive effort. Sunbright came into the game averaging over 32 points per game. Holdng them 28 points under their average is a big accomplishment. Don't kid yourself, the drops were usually with tight man coverage and a Wartburg defender hitting the receiver or at least swatting at the ball. Slowing the game down and draining the clock never let the offense get into a proper rythem. Coach Ellison had a great plan and executed it well.