MEAN JEAN"S Fearless Forecast (Top 10 Games! )

meanjean

Guest Dragonfan11

In region 7 AND 8-5A in WEST Tennessee the number 1, THE number 2, and The number 4 ranked teams in the state are located. Central and East Tennessee football is weak this year. start picking real games.Germantown, Houston, and JCM, will kill anyone outside of West Tennessee!!!!!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jus' some Falcons...that's all....

They're plannin' on servin' up some Red Raider stew and Coffee this evening.

Y'all are invited.

Posted by meanjean:

This is the second edition of the Fearless Forecast from the old prognosticator himself, Mean Jean Simbeck. Mean would like to thank all of his associates for their help in putting the forecast together. Mean has expanded the forecast to the top ten games he could locate for the upcoming week.

Mean Jean Durham: Fans, I have scoured the state to find the games to include in this week's forecast, so without further adieu, here we go:

THE FEARLESS FORECAST!

Oakland (4-3) at Riverdale (6-1)

The Patriots started out like gangbusters, winning their first three, then they lost three, then they beat Lavergne. One would think they will be sky high for their recently more successful cross town rivals? Riverdale's only blemish is a loss at the Snake Pit in Lincoln County which is similar to the one Glen Campbell fell into in True Grit. Beating Lavergne is nice but playing Shirley this week would be nicer!

Riverdale of Murfreesboro 37 Oakland of Murfreesboro 17

==============

Oliver Springs (4-3) at Sweetwater (7-0)

Am I the only person who finds something within this matchup that provides a burning question? Does the sweet water come from the springs in Oliver? As the robber said to Dirty Harry Callahan.. "I got's to know?" With that out of the way, I know the folks at Oliver Springs could see salvaging what hasn't been the greatest of seasons by pulling the shocker over the Wildcats. But I fear for them

that this isn't gonna happen, nor will it be close to happening. Preapring myself for the slings and barbs of a rabid bunch of Bobcat fans...

Sweetwater 31 Oliver Springs 13

==============

Loretto (6-2) at Waverly (5-2)

The Mustangs have a proficient offensive attack, averaging 29 points a game while Waverly lives and dies with their defense which has pitched 4 shutouts and is giving up just seven per game. So something will have to give here? Waverly was totally dominated by Lewis County just two weeks ago, 38-0. Which means either they had a real bad night or Lewis County has improved a lot since the

Fairview game? Loretto has been steady, but will miss big play guy Barrett Earnest. It should be a good game but Waverly hasn't won a big game yet and Loretto knows how...

Loretto 20 Waverly 12

=============

Hampton (6-1) at West Greene (6-1)

Huge Regon 1-AA game between two teams that get little or no mainstream press coverage out of the deep East Tennessee area. How good are these two teams? Well, since you asked.. maybe the weakest AA region in the state? Unless they pick it up, they won't go far past winning a region title, no offense intended. But of the two, Hampton is better.. Mean Jean wishes this region well when Region 2 with Sweetwater, Oliver Springs, Rockwood and the likes come calling come playoff time.

Hampton 27 West Greene 17

============

Hendersonville (4-3) at Gallatin (7-0)

Bruce Hatfield's Commandos have been up and down this season like a Duncan yo-yo. And if they ever needed to be on the upswing, this is that week. The Green Wave has outscored their opponents 193-57 and are ready to return to the top of the pecking order in 5-A Football. There is

a long and storied tradition in Gallatin and this is a week where it all comes together against one of their biggest rivals!

Gallatin 28 Hendersonville 9

=============

Collinwood (7-0) at Huntland (6-1)

Huntland has been a great surprise in region 6-A this season and pulled a stunner last week over then undefeated Wayne County, defeating them 10-0. I picked against the Hornets last week and had to eat crow, it ain't bad with sweet peas. Huntland has a fine defense but they have yet to

face a team with the weapons of Collinwood. Ward, Victory and Rich are an incredible trio of athletes to grace a small rural school, probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for Collinwood. The Trojans are on a mission and they take a big step this week...

Collinwood 33 Huntland 12

=============

Huntingdon (6-1) at Riverside (6-1)

This is a heck of a game and one that will determine the Region 6-AA title. Huntingdon was hands down the favorite coming into the season while Riverside was an afterthought. Then something funny started happening as Riverside won and won and won... only a loss to the University of Jackson blemishes their record. So what do I think here? I think Riverside is better on defense but too conservative on offense. They'll play their hardest but Huntingdon has too many weapons. Coach Mike Mansfield's Mustangs will prevail

in a great matchup....

Huntingdon 20 Riverside 14

=============

Austin East (5-1) at Anderson County (6-1)

Unless Knoxville Fulton slips up in their final regional games, this one is more than likely for second place in 2-AAA. Both teams have one loss, both to Fulton. It is about as an even steven matchup as one could find. Anderson County is coming off that one loss and will be ready but Austin East has but nine games on their schedule which would be bad in the case of a tie breaker somewhere down the line..The Roadrunners have been rolling...

Austin East 25 Anderson County 24

=============

Soddy-Daisy (5-2) at Ooltewah (5-2)

Another big regional game, this one in 2-AAAAA. The Owls of Ooltewah lost two games early but seem to have really

turned the season back around after starting 1-2. Of course,the same point could be argued for Soddy-Daisy who

started 1-2 and has also now won four in a row. So it's a matter of who has the most momentum? The Owls? The Trojans? Both towns have great names by the way!

Ooltewah 21 Soddy-Daisy 19

============

Portageville, MO (?) at Hollow Rock-Bruceton (5-2)

Ok, now this one intrigued me. Portageville? In Missouri? I can understand Dyersburg playing someone out of the bootheel but Bruceton? It's not like Hollow Rock is just a stone's throw. Why not get a Kentucky team.. or try Booker T Washington, NCS or even MBA? They were all open this week? Plus where exactly is Portageville? Is it close to Malden? Henry Rogers used to promote a dandy wrestling show every Saturday night in Malden, Missouri. Maybe Portageville

wanted this game just so they could spend some quality time in Bruceton-Hollow Rock? If that is the case....

Hollow Rock-Bruceton 33 Portageville, Missouri 18

Posted by Dragonfan11:

In region 7 AND 8-5A in WEST Tennessee the number 1, THE number 2, and The number 4 ranked teams in the state are located. Central and East Tennessee football is weak this year. start picking real games.Germantown, Houston, and JCM, will kill anyone outside of West Tennessee!!!!!!!!

My mother in law lives in Germantown and if you want to see how assinine they are, then look at my post where I pick the State Champions and then get back to me! And this kind of tone will not get you on my mailing list.

Posted by meanjean:

My mother in law lives in Germantown and if you want to see how assinine they are, then look at my post where I pick the State Champions and then get back to me! And this kind of tone will not get you on my mailing list.

Wait a minute... Mean Jean? Married? I thought you were still blasting that tuba in the Fairview HS Marching Band's Brass Section! Do they allow holy matrimony to occur that young in the Fairest of the Fair(view)?

Posted by TheBoredGuy:
Posted by meanjean:

Wait a minute... Mean Jean? Married? I thought you were still blasting that tuba in the Fairview HS Marching Band's Brass Section! Do they allow holy matrimony to occur that young in the Fairest of the Fair(view)?

Hey Bored, don't read things so close..HA Tell me a good game to go see tonight? Where is Bored going?

By special request:

Chester County (3-4) at McKenzie (5-2)

Coach Cupples at Chester County will eventually have the Eagles competing for a region championship, book it! They are getting closer, but still not hardly there? It does appear that a season ending contest against Camden can get them to the State Playoffs, which would be a fine accomplishment indeed. I look for them to be scrappy against McKenzie, but they don't have enough mules just yet.

McKenzie 25 Chester County 12

==============

==============

Sycamore (3-4) at Giles County (2-5)

The War Eagles of Sycamore are still a fairly new program but are progressing quite nicely. And with this game, Montgomery Central and Kenwood left, it is not out of the realm of possibility that they win out and finish 6-4. Matter of fact, I expect them to do just that. It begins with a win over the struggling Bobcats in Pulaski.

Sycamore 27 Giles County 15

==============

==============

Brentwood Academy (5-2) at Baylor (5-1)

Carlton Flatt and Earl Scruggs load up the band and head to Chattanoogie for a game with the Baylor School of Exceptional Learning. The Academy lost to one of the Chattanoogie schools already and will not do it twice! Although the Red Raiders are their equal, the Academy will find a way to win this exquisite athletic endeavor of excellence!

The Academy 24 Baylor 23

=============

=============

FRA (3-4) at CPA (4-3)

I have gone on record and will do it again. CPA is the best 4-3 school in Class A, they were the best 0-3 school, 1-3 school, 2-3 school, 3-3 school.... and they will be the best 7-3 school entering the playoffs! I like David Pack's teams and this one is another really good one. Once the playoffs begin, they are gonna be prepared, trust me! I remember George Weicker when he played baseball, or was he on Hollywood Squares?

CPA 28 FRA 16

=============

=============

Goodpasture (7-0) at Westmoreland (2-5)

As much as the Eagles of Westmoreland would like for it to happen, it's just not in the cards. Goodpasture has too much speed and technical proficiency to give in to the upset bug. The Cougars remain undefeated... at least until next week when the Goliath of Private Schools comes calling!

Goodpasture 41 Westmoreland 6

==============

==============

I am Mean Jean: meanjeanfromfairview@yahoo.com

[Edited by meanjean on 10-18-02 1:53A]

Posted by redbaron515:

I think the Hendersonville-Gallitan showdown will be closer than 28-9. I do think that Gallitan will win, but not by 19. I say about a 10 point loss, or even less would be a good prediction. Any one with thoughts, do respond

Redbaron, I agree with what you say. Gallatin should pull out on top, but I don't think that it will be by 19 points. It will be close, but Gallatin is Crazy in the 4 quarter when the game is close.

My Prediction: Gallatin 24 H-ville 10 :)

Posted by Gtowner:
Posted by redbaron515:

I think the Hendersonville-Gallitan showdown will be closer than 28-9. I do think that Gallitan will win, but not by 19. I say about a 10 point loss, or even less would be a good prediction. Any one with thoughts, do respond

Redbaron, I agree with what you say. Gallatin should pull out on top, but I don't think that it will be by 19 points. It will be close, but Gallatin is Crazy in the 4 quarter when the game is close.

My Prediction: Gallatin 24 H-ville 10 :o

Ok, ok... so you guys were right, there was no way Gallatin could beat Hendersonville by 19 points. I stand corrected, it was 17 points.... ho hum... wheew

Posted by redbaron515:

You spouted off the negative comments all week about the Green Wave. 17-0, I think that speaks for itself.