Oakland @ Mt. Juliet

nrgrizzlies

I would say Mt. Juliet is a top 4-5 team in the state. They are as good as advertised and could win it all. Having seen both teams play, Mt. Juliet should win by two touchdowns, however, its the playoffs. A few broken plays, a turnover, "bad luck" or whoever comes in more hungery can win (i.e. Mt. Juliet over Gallatin should not have been 32 points difference but was).

The competition Oakland has played vs. the competition MJ has played is not comparable or up for arguement. Oakland is by far more battle tested and won't be surprised by what MJ brings to the table. If Oakland brings its A game this will be a 4 quarter game. Don't get me wrong, Mount Juliet is loaded offensively with probably the best fullback in the mid state and has some fiesty kids on defense but thats nothing the patriots haven't seen in their schedule.

Unless I missed one than your 7AAA D-E-F-E-N-S-E has faced 9AAA in 4 games and has given up 29.25 ppg. That is not that great of a defense. An even 2-2 record. With OHS 0-1.

That all goes back to the competition we have faced is better than what you have faced. Our defense has been spotty at times (some of that is inexperience, some of it lack of depth at key positions) there is no doubt about that, but it has been pretty good at times as well. The Riverdale score doesnt show it, but the defense played pretty good against a similar attack.

The Wing-T is hard to stop when only given 1 week to prepare for it, but Oakland will have practiced against it for 3 Weeks by the time this game rolls around. We've fared pretty well against Option and Spread based offenses this season. Looking forward to a great game friday night

Trying to argue over who's schedule was harder is irrelevant. Nobody cares. The only teams these 2 have in common are Gallatin and Lavergne. Gallatin barely wins over Oakland and MJ beats the dog mess out of Gallatin. Both teams beat Lavergne. OK. None of this means anything. "Region 7 is the best region in Middle TN/the State." I get so tired of hearing that. How is Oakland even in? They have 2-3 district record with wins over a winless district record and another 2-3 district record. Oakland is better than MJ because they LOST to tough teams? Where is the logic in that?

Trying to argue over who's schedule was harder is irrelevant. Nobody cares. The only teams these 2 have in common are Gallatin and Lavergne. Gallatin barely wins over Oakland and MJ beats the dog mess out of Gallatin. Both teams beat Lavergne. OK. None of this means anything. "Region 7 is the best region in Middle TN/the State." I get so tired of hearing that. How is Oakland even in? They have 2-3 district record with wins over a winless district record and another 2-3 district record. Oakland is better than MJ because they LOST to tough teams? Where is the logic in that?

I think it can def. prepare for the playoffs. Is Oakland the better? No. But playing in the league they do allows them to get ready for the playoffs. Might as well get used to all the talk ok 7-AAA, because it wont fade away. No pressure on Oakland to win this game, this is a rebuilding season for them, whereas this maybe the most talented Mt. Juliet team in a long time

:thumb: Good point

Yes lets see and Lavergne put 19 on you and you won by 16 points, a team that did not win a district game in D7 and they put 0 on Oakland. LOL Heck if Lavergne would of played the 95th toughest Strength of Schedule in the state like you guys did and not the #1 toughest they would be in the playoffs!!!! That is like padding your stats!!!! And you want to know why D7 is the toughest Look at the top 10 Strength of Schedule as posted right here on CoachT, 5 of the top ten are from D7. Lets see where are you at oh I see ya way down there #95

Strength of Schedule

Division I Class AAA

1. LaVergne 69.0%

2. Blackman 66.0%

3. Smyrna 65.0%

4. Riverdale 63.3%

5. White Station 62.0%

6. Farragut 62.0%

7. Bolton 60.7%

8. Siegel 60.0%

9. Lincoln County 59.0%

9. Jackson North Side 59.0%

LOOK DOWN FUTHER YOU WILL SEE YOUR SCHEDULE!!!!

95. Mt. Juliet 43.0%

95. Dyer County 43.0%

95. Cane Ridge 43.0%

Oh excuse me you are tied with two other schools for 95th!!!!!!

Yes lets see and Lavergne put 19 on you and you won by 16 points, a team that did not win a district game in D7 and they put 0 on Oakland. LOL Heck if Lavergne would of played the 95th toughest Strength of Schedule in the state like you guys did and not the #1 toughest they would be in the playoffs!!!! That is like padding your stats!!!! And you want to know why D7 is the toughest Look at the top 10 Strength of Schedule as posted right here on CoachT, 5 of the top ten are from D7. Lets see where are you at oh I see ya way down there #95

Strength of Schedule

Division I Class AAA

1. LaVergne 69.0%

2. Blackman 66.0%

3. Smyrna 65.0%

4. Riverdale 63.3%

5. White Station 62.0%

6. Farragut 62.0%

7. Bolton 60.7%

8. Siegel 60.0%

9. Lincoln County 59.0%

9. Jackson North Side 59.0%

LOOK DOWN FUTHER YOU WILL SEE YOUR SCHEDULE!!!!

95. Mt. Juliet 43.0%

95. Dyer County 43.0%

95. Cane Ridge 43.0%

Oh excuse me you are tied with two other schools for 95th!!!!!!

This crap doesnt mean squat. Settle it on the field. Thats why they play the game.

This crap doesnt mean squat. Settle it on the field. Thats why they play the game.

Exactly. And that was my point. We could throw out "stats" all we want like all of Oakland's opponents that they beat only had a total of 24 wins versus MJ's district opponents alone had 30 wins. What does any of this even mean when it comes down to MJ vs Oakland? NOTHING! Hearing people talk about how 7-AAA teams are better than any other team because they LOST to tough teams is just getting old. Get over yourselves and play some football. Strength ranking is a formula. It has nothing to do with what the players are going to do on Friday nights. I can GUARANTEE you that there are teams who had the best Schedule ranking and did not win State in the past. These numbers are irrelevant. The only numbers that matter are the ones lit up on the scoreboard every Friday night.