31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Cascade
    • Loretto

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game... Cascade wins 28-27 in overtime... hats off to the boys from Lorretto they play their hearts out and almost won... Congratulation to the Champions on a hard fought victory. These last three Cascade games have been hard on me; Forrest we lost by 3; Eagleville we lost by 1 and this one we won by 1... We need to learn to put the game away and not let up once we are ahead. Cascade kicked off and the defense stopped Lorretto, Cascade took over and in three plays was in the end zone. Cascade's defense could stop Lorretto when they had to but the let up when they got ahead. In the final outcome the defense won the game with a goal-line stand that denied the Mustangs their PAT and sent the game into overtime.

The Lorretto fans turned out and supported their team in a big way. With that kind of backing your program will do nothing but improve in the coming years.

On to Adamsville...

Edited by boxman

Yeah I bet the loretto coach wishes he had kicked the extra point after yall roughed the kicker at the end of regulation he kicks it and yall don't go to overtime. Good game to both you could tell loretto was playing all out as at the end they layed strewn across the field in agony of defeat. Safe travels to the nest. The birds are waiting for you.

Yeah I bet the loretto coach wishes he had kicked the extra point after yall roughed the kicker at the end of regulation he kicks it and yall don't go to overtime. Good game to both you could tell loretto was playing all out as at the end they layed strewn across the field in agony of defeat. Safe travels to the nest. The birds are waiting for you.

Loretto's #19 came over and told the coach, "Coach, I can't kick it"... that, plus the fact that Cascade's defense had just blocked the pervious attempt was the reason they went for it. I think a lot of what happened on the field last night went back to the week before at Eagleville when Cascade missed their PAT and lost by one point. And, that's also why they went for two in the overtime. The Champions were not going to let that happen again. I’m sure it was a long ride home for the Mustangs but they played hard and have nothing to be ashamed of... they left it all on the field...

Loretto's #19 came over and told the coach, "Coach, I can't kick it"... that, plus the fact that Cascade's defense had just blocked the pervious attempt was the reason they went for it. I think a lot of what happened on the field last night went back to the week before at Eagleville when Cascade missed their PAT and lost by one point. And, that's also why they went for two in the overtime. The Champions were not going to let that happen again. I’m sure it was a long ride home for the Mustangs but they played hard and have nothing to be ashamed of... they left it all on the field...

Cascade let up after they got the lead? You mean they let up after being ahead 20 to 7? I didn't see that. And I was on the goal line and they did not block the PAT but like was said above, Cascade took our kicker out of the game and they had to carry him off the field. Thats why Loretto got anther shot at the extra point but went for the 2 as #19 was still hurt from the shot that he took earlier in the game. Cascade played a good game and yall had us out sized accross the board and it still came down to OT. Both teams played well we just came up short. Good thing is we will have about 80% of our starters back on defense and offense next year including #19.

Edited by RedTang

Cascade let up after they got the lead? You mean they let up after being ahead 20 to 7? I didn't see that. And I was on the goal line and they did not block the PAT but like was said above, Cascade took our kicker out of the game and they had to carry him off the field. Thats why Loretto got anther shot at the extra point but went for the 2 as #19 was still hurt from the shot that he took earlier in the game. Cascade played a good game and yall had us out sized accross the board and it still came down to OT. Both teams played well we just came up short. Good thing is we will have about 80% of our starters back on defense and offense next year including #19.

19 got hurt on a legal hit when be was dropped behind the line of scrimmage earlier in the game. Dont try and make sound like the roughing the kicker was where he got injured. There was no intent to injure on either play.

Unless # 19 got a new birth certificate, he is too old to play next year.

19 got hurt on a legal hit when be was dropped behind the line of scrimmage earlier in the game. Dont try and make sound like the roughing the kicker was where he got injured. There was no intent to injure on either play.

You are correct 19 was hit behind the line of scrimmage earlier in the game that is what I was talking about. Notice how I said EARLIER IN THE GAME. Dont know how you could have miss understood that as 19 was not kicking when the kicker was roughed up.

Edited by RedTang