Knox West Rebels Playoff Quad

westrebel20

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"you people in the ghetto" is a little different than curbstomping. "You people in the ghetto" is taking a personal shot at the people that play for and follow West. "Curbstomping" is describing a sound beating that will take place on the football field. Big difference.

Edited by ORidgeKat

I am going to say that West has the horses to go all the way this year. I think they are due.

Until I saw West play Friday at Heritage I would have agreed with that statement.

1. Offensive and defensive fronts are a little too small and do not get much of a push.

2. Best running back on the team is probably done for the season.

3. A terrible 1-9 Heritage team should have beat them. This could be attributed to the playing conditions. However, Heritage had more yards of offense on the ground than West with more fumbles. It could also be attributed to Brent Russell leaving, but really none of the players liked him anyway. West could have easily been overlooking Heritage but they would have eventually woke up, yet they did not.

I don't believe West is the team to beat in 5A. They are good but not good enough. Best of luck to them! I hope they make a deep run, however, it is unlikely.

Too early to count RB Anthony Bright out for the season. MRI results back today. I think West is good, but not quite as good as last year. Powell is the team to beat in East Tn. Hopefully West will get a shot at them, that would be a good game. As for the Heritage game, they did not play well for a number of reasons, none of them good reasons, they just had a bad night, but still won. Sometimes that happens with young people. It's really hard to be up or sharp all ten weeks. You see it at every level.

Powell does have a good team , no doubt, I just wonder how they will match up with a MO-WEST type of team. I do not think that they have played anyone with a solid defense and a well balanced offense.

OR nearly beat Powell and likely would have if Zulliger hadn't gotten hurt and sat out in the 2nd half, so I can half-way agree on the balanced offense comment. OR's defense though is pretty dang solid so I disagree with that part of your comment. I think Powell beats Mo-West most days. Powell has to worry more about a healthy West team given the incredible competition that West has to face in its district.

If someone does know the results of Anthony's MRI results please let me know...Hate it for that Kid...hes such an all around great athlete, it would be a shame he couldnt have a chance to compete in the playoffs..

By the way has anyone forgot that Powell may have to play Columbia and they are supposedly better than last years state champion team...Also West still has a good passing game that is underrated due to them being a run first team so if Bright is out they still have Flood, Boseman, and Davenport to run the ball if needed but can stretch the field with Mitchell, Stinson and Stewart.

Go West!

http://mimg.ugo.com/200805/30170/cuts/american-history-x_288x288.jpg

CURB STOMPING?

How's that for class?

For the record, I condone neither.

From Rebeltothecore (South Rebel), -------after the 2009 tragedy, there is no place for this conversation between a NE TN team and a Coach Cummings' coached West Team. The West folks are 1st Class in my book, as are Coach Jenkins's folks from Boone. Let's keep it that way. Thanks,

From Rebeltothecore (South Rebel), -------after the 2009 tragedy, there is no place for this conversation between a NE TN team and a Coach Cummings' coached West Team. The West folks are 1st Class in my book, as are Coach Jenkins's folks from Boone. Let's keep it that way. Thanks,

Point well taken. I apologize if any offense was made. I meant no harm, just that neither statement was classy. Again, Sorry.

I tried to delete it but not sure how so I just took away what I could.

Edited by RebelConvert